THE BROWNS BOARD

Suppose

calfoxwc

suppose, that a president creates a joint U.S. business-FBI joint spy-on-Americans activities

program...

would that upset liberals? Who were so "frightened" at the evil spectre

of the Patriot Act?

What say, liberals? What would you think...?

If it happened under a Rep pres you'd be "hoorified", but with a dem pres, you'd be fine with it?

You know libs, wouldn't that mean we are in big trouble? eh? @@

True. Woody probably wouldn't care while Obamao is in office.

Or...does Woody think such a thing is possible.

We are headed toward serious trouble in our country, I think.

Of course it would be different. You have to look no farther then the war. George W Bush was a warmonger, fascist and dictator with blood lust for the brown man.

Now?

The peaceniks truly do not give a rat's ass.

WSS

This pretty much covered it. War protests ground to a halt when Bush left office. Obama continued the exact same things (two wars, Gitmo etc) that had caused some people to scream in the streets. But he was their guy so they quit giving a shit. I am from the school of thought that shitty behavior is shitty regardless of affiliation.

This pretty much covered it. War protests ground to a halt when Bush left office. Obama continued the exact same things (two wars, Gitmo etc) that had caused some people to scream in the streets. But he was their guy so they quit giving a shit. I am from the school of thought that shitty behavior is shitty regardless of affiliation.

Nothing is ever as black and white as that. You also have the 'shock' factor wearing off, that these things were big news because they were started (war at least, don't now about gitmo) under Bush. I would say, though, that the general impression that I get is that people tend to believe that Obama is bringing these things to a close, rightly or wrongly. And as far as I can tell, the withdrawal of troops, apart from those defending embassies and things, from Iraq happened a few years ago, and from Afghanistan is scheduled to happen this year.

Guantanimo is apparently scheduled to happen this year, as per the SOTU address, but I'm not putting much stock in that, I'll believe it when it happens.

So essentially what we're coming to is that there was outrage initially, from some anti-war types, but then when troops started being withdrawn it died down - and it happened to coincide with Obama taking over?

No. We're talking about a loud and strident group of protesters demanding the troops come home immediately while George W Bush was in office but didn't make a peep as Obama drag his feet on the withdrawal from Iraq and dragged out Afghanistan for much longer than the previous administration probably would have. Can you imagine the outcry from the left if a president McCain had kept the fight going in Afghanistan to this day? And for what?

the history books should show you that Richard Nixon got a raft of shite for not handing the Vietnam War the minute he took office.

PS who gives a shit about Gitmo?

WSS

WSS

Still waiting for what woody "thinks" about this subject.

So? What if the gov did this, woody? What if they

did have businesses informing on American citizens straight to

the gov? Any kind of thought at all about it, from you?

Six years of ObaMao, and you can NOT get the libs

to whine about Iraq and Afghanistan, or the national debt,

or our soldiers who died over there.

They ...will....not.... criticize that now. Because... it was always

just a crass, phoney, political attack all along, that's why.

I remember a couple of those lefties on this forum, who railed and railed

that nobody should support Bush, because he raised gas prices to help

his oil buddies.

After Bush? Never heard another word. I reckon that ObaMao must have

a bunch of oil buddies, too, eh?

well, woody was afraid to comment...good for woody, eh?

Because in 1998, Bill Clinton signed a law creating ...

INFRAGUARD. A collusion between many thousands of American companies

and our FBI. The companies can report individuals etc. to their advisor/laison

directly to the FBI. There is a lot of chance for abuse there, eh?

Archived