THE BROWNS BOARD

The Further Wussification of America

MLD Woody

Woody so you have a lot of elderly students at that school up north? To be honest I think the windchill itself was made up for pussys who want to be more scared of the climate...35 below sounds way scarier than minus 3. This weekend at Put in Bay in June the temperatures will be in the mid 80's but mid 70's when you factor in the wind chill!

WSS :)

It is like -10 without the wind chill. Michigan is a big school, you take a bus from central campus to north. There is a possibility for severe frostbite if you get stuck outside. That's why they did it. The snow here right now is just a pretty normal amount, maybe a little high.

Woody so you have a lot of elderly students at that school up north? To be honest I think the windchill itself was made up for pussys who want to be more scared of the climate...35 below sounds way scarier than minus 3. This weekend at Put in Bay in June the temperatures will be in the mid 80's but mid 70's when you factor in the wind chill!

WSS :)

"Especially dangerous for the elderly"

Can still be dangerous to others too

So, there's too great a danger of engineering nerds not

knowing anything about the outdoors, so they have to be coddled.

Hell, it was -2 degrees last night, and I went out to the barn, and went

for an ATV ride out back (the big Kaw 700). Almost got stuck twice, in drifts, but

4wd and mud tires, no problem. I was fine. BTW, engineer students,

figure out a design of a barn door that doesn't get snow drifts

up against it, making it pretty tough to open.

But seriously, all you'd have to do, is teach these young kids how

to handle cold weather.

Ya think the folks in Alaska never go outside when it's really cold? ha.

You need to have the right clothes for cold weather.

Not these kids.... http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/pages/northlandcancellations

Delayed

•Aitkin school district (2-hour delay)

•College of St. Scholastica opening at 10 a.m.

•Cook County school district - 2-hour delay, no morning preschool

•Deer River school district (2-hour delay)

•Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College will reopen at noon

•International Falls school district (2-hour delay) ***

map_of_international_falls_mn.jpg

The wussification started when the Gov't said "YOU CAN GO TO WAR AND DIE FOR YOUR COUNTRY AT 18 YEARS OLD" But you can't drink until you are 21

The USA is the ONLY "FREE" country that has a 21 year old drinking age.

The wussification started when the Gov't said "YOU CAN GO TO WAR AND DIE FOR YOUR COUNTRY AT 18 YEARS OLD" But you can't drink until you are 21

The USA is the ONLY "FREE" country that has a 21 year old drinking age.

That shit is crazy. You can go to war, but you can't have a stiff drink afterwards. You can get married(?) but not celebrate with a glass of Champagne. You can vote to elect the person running the country, but not talk about it over a beer.

That shit is crazy. You can go to war, but you can't have a stiff drink afterwards. You can get married(?) but not celebrate with a glass of Champagne. You can vote to elect the person running the country, but not talk about it over a beer.

Yep.

Single handedly put an end to the live music scene in the United States.

One reason that I roll my eyes when people start blathering about freedom. Freedom compared to what? Freedom to do what?

WSS

When I went in during the Revolutionary War, we had what they call 3.2 beer that you could buy if you were 18 in Ohio. In Ca it was 21, however, on base it was 18. Overseas no one cared. And we always managed to get hammered. So take it for what its worth.

Yeah, and you had to be 21 to buy wine. So, my buddies and I went out

and bought a bottle of wine to celebrate when we turned 21.

Each and every time...we were never ID'd.

Son of a....

Archived