THE BROWNS BOARD

Duck Dynasty’s Willie and Korie Robertson Star in New Movie, ‘God’s Not Dead’

MLD Woody

http://toprightnews.com/?p=821

Another gem from Top Right News. I assume this is going to be a comedy. Or maybe, it is the next evolution of political philosophy based entertainment (news, websites, TV now movies)

In the movie, college freshman and devout Christian Josh Wheaton (Harper) finds his faith challenged by his dogmatic philosophy professor (Sorbo), who requires his students to disavow the existence of God on the first day of class, signing a declaration that says God is dead. If they refuse, they automatically fail.

I mean with a plot like that, it has to be great. That kind of damned thing happens all the time at those fancy elitist liberal colleges. ....

I'm guessing their debate will be completely legitimate. Only facts presented. No logical fallacies. No emotion

Nvm

So... conclusion is the professor finds god. Who agrees?

It actually sounds like it could be interesting, potentially, along the lines of the dead poet's society. It probably won't be good, but it could be.

Oh Captain, my Captain...

I think your hopes are too high for this movie.

We watched that movie in English. Not a huge fan.

- If your parents don't want to pay for you to sing and dance in college, dress up like Jesus and kill yourself-

Sounds riveting. Evil professor oppresses Christian student. It can never be a rational story haha. Reminds me of the movies where a cartoonishly absurd racist oppresses an all black (insert sport) team. They are never just "meh I just would prefer having us play our sports separately". They end up being the ghost of George Wallace mixed with Nathan Bedford Forrest. It just comes off as comically over the top.

and yet, not far from being based on reality.

mock this:

bout 1,040,000 results (0.31 seconds)
Search Results
  1. 'Stomp On Jesus' Outrage Drives FAU To Put Professor On Leave
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../stomp-on-jesus-professor_n_29901...‎
    Apr 1, 2013 - 'Stomp On Jesus' Outrage Drives FAU To Put Professor On Leave ... Fau Professor Stomp On Jesus. Florida .... Something kids that ageneed.
  2. University Reinstates 'Stomp Jesus' Professor ... - FOX News Radio
    radio.foxnews.com › HomeTop Stories
    Jun 24, 2013 - University Reinstates 'Stomp Jesus' Professor. Posted in Top Stories..... It is you who needs to know the whole story. I already read this from ...
  3. Stomp on Jesus - Media Trackers
    mediatrackers.org/.../florida-university-renews-contract-for-stomp-on-jes...‎
    Jul 18, 2013 - Organizations. Florida Atlantic University (FAU) officials reneged this week on a promise to instruct faculty not to require students to “Stomp on ...
  4. 'Stomp on Jesus' Professor Reinstated at Florida Atlantic University ...
    christiannews.net/.../stomp-on-jesus-professor-reinstated-at-florida-atlanti...‎
    Jun 30, 2013 - 'Stomp on Jesus' Professor Reinstated at Florida Atlantic University ...officials denied that students were required to stomp on the paper.
  5. FAU professor in Jesus-stomping controversy reinstated | The Daily ...
    dailycaller.com/.../fau-professor-in-jesus-stomping-controversy-reinstate...‎
    Jun 25, 2013 - “Some in the media have said, 'Stomp Jesus.' I want .... Equal opportunity requires the prof teach the same lesson using Mohammed. 4. Reply.
  6. Dismissed Professor Who Told Students to 'Stomp on Jesus ...
    townhall.com/.../dismissed-jesus-stomp-professor-heading-back-to-work-...‎
    Jul 19, 2013 - What if your professor told you to stomp on the One you pray to every night? ... take part in the 'Jesus Stomp' exercise, they only removed Dr. Poole from ....But serious we need universities to have worse people because then ...
  7. Professor Who Told Students to Stomp on Jesus' Name Reinstated
    www.christianpost.com/.../professor-who-told-students-to-stomp-on-jesu...‎
    Jun 25, 2013 - The Florida Atlantic University professor who reportedly told his students to write "Jesus" on a piece of paper and stomp on it has been ...
  8. Interview with professor at center of 'Jesus' debate at Florida Atlantic ...
    www.insidehighered.com/.../interview-professor-center-jesus-debate-flori...‎
    Apr 1, 2013 - He said he asked people to step on the piece of paper. ... He noted that the idea behind the exercise isn't that students will actually step on Jesus, but that .....you need to reconsider a career that requires intellectual exercises.
  9. Deandre Poole, 'step on Jesus' controversy update: FAU professor ...
    www.wptv.com › ... › Region C Palm Beach CountyWest Palm Beach
    Apr 3, 2013 - "I don't want to be known as the Jesus stomp professor," he said. ..."You need one loud student to object to what you're doing, and then what, ...
  10. College reinstates 'stomp on Jesus' professor
    www.wnd.com/2013/06/college-reinstates-stomp-on-jesus-professor/‎
    Jun 25, 2013 - (FOXNEWSINSIDER) — A Florida Atlantic University professor who ordered his class to write the name 'Jesus' on pieces of paper and then ...

From your first link

Florida Atlantic University professor Deandre Poole, the instructor at the center of a "stomp on Jesus" controversy, has been placed on administrative leave to protect his own safety, according to the Boca Raton-based university.

"As a result of the reaction to a recent exercise in Dr. Poole's intercultural communications class, the instructor's personal safety has been compromised," anFAU statement reads.

FAU junior Ryan Rotela said that in early March he refused to participate in an exercise in which students were asked to write "Jesus" on a piece of paper and then step on it. Rotela told multiple media outlets he was later suspended for refusing.

But Poole told the students that none of them had to participate, according to the university. Fox News provided a "synopsis" of the lesson plan, which was based on a textbook exercise guide and ended: "After a brief period of silence instruct them to step on the paper. Most will hesitate. Ask why they can't step on the paper. Discuss the importance of symbols in culture."

FAU faculty union president Chris Robé said Rotela's punishment was actually based on a verbal threat made against Poole. And in a statement, FAU said that no one was suspended in relation to the exercise, but added that federal privacy laws prevented it from explaining in detail.

Amid the confusion, Robé told South Florida's Sun Sentinel that Poole has received death threats and racially charged voicemails.

"I've never seen anything like it on campus, the vitriol that has been released on this guy," Robé said.

One of the messages said the instructor would find himself hanging from a tree, Poole told Inside Higher Ed.

"There are churches that want to march against me," Poole said. "There are people calling on the university to fire me. And it's all for doing my job. I was doing my job."

Florida Gov. Rick Scott ® labeled the exercise as intolerant against Christianity, and some conservatives have pointed to Poole's affiliation with the local Democratic Party as proof of liberal bias in the classroom.

The man who came up with the controversial exercise, St. Norbert College professor Jim Neuliep, told Inside Higher Ed that this is the first complaint he's heard in 30 years.

The exercise is meant to open up a discussion about religious symbols. Neuliep said there's a simple reason why it uses "Jesus" and not "Mohammad": Far more students in the U.S. practice Christianity than Islam.

Poole, who considers himself "very religious," said most students actually chose not to step on "Jesus" and that no one was punished for it.

So your link isn't even an example of what you want it to be. I am sure on Breitbart or The Blaze or Top Right News it sounded really bad. The headline something extreme about students stomping on Jesus, being forced to by an evil, black, liberal professor. It is a shame though that the truth is much less damning, huh? I even bolded some important parts for you. I know the sites you read like to do that too.

I spent some time looking at the articles on that Top Right News site. I swear to god, half of them have something to do about Duck Dynasty. It is really becoming more and more apparent why that show is so popular. Really a brilliant marketing scheme and a great job by the production company. Courses in TV, Media, and marketing should study this show and everything around it.

Archived