THE BROWNS BOARD

Concealed carry. This guy had his shit together. The thief is dead.

DieHardBrownsFan

Your car, your tent, your camper...is the same as your home.

100 percent self defense. Meanwhile, a young couple - both were murdered/gunned down.. here

in Ohio, after giving up their car to a carjacker. The murderer didn't want to leave them behind

as witnesses, apparently.

I'm proud of my ccw license, hope none of us with one, never have to be in a potentially lethal self-defense situation.

It happens. And concealed carry laws are law, in every single state in our country. That's pretty telling.

This is self defense. Pure an simple. An aggressor threatens you with a gun, you defend yourself with yours. Paying attention, Woodrow?

Also notice that after the threat was neutralized, the "would-not-be-a" victim assessed his situation, made sure the scene was clear and safe, moved the assailant's gun from his/her reach and began to contact authorities using his phone (what it appeared to be prior to the video terminating - i doubt he was reaching for another magazine).

I agree, the best defense against someone with a gun is another gun. But should we be putting more emphasis on preventing guys like that from having the guns in the first place? Obviously, outlawing guns is going to be detrimental in the short term to law-abiding citizens, because you basically disarm the 'good' guys and hand a massive advantage to criminals, BUT, I don't see the long term aim isn't geared towards preventing the 'bad' guys from having guns at all. Of course, 'bad' guys is subjective - the guy in the car still shot a guy dead and if you're a bible type then he's going to hell for murder.

Chris it's a little naive to believe that writing some new laws will change the United States into England. Not that I have anything against England its just a different culture. It would seem that making all guns illegal would make everything safe but I don't think that works in practice. Probably prohibition on alcohol and recreational drugs would make for a better stronger healthier society. But we've seen how it works in the real world. Teenage drinking is against the law right now. Do you think teenagers still drink or not?

WSS

So you're going with the 'people will do what the fuck they want so why even bother trying to stop them' attitude? In which case Woody's poster is probably quite apt.

I'm not trying to turn the US in to the UK - lord knows we have enough issues of our own. I just fail to see why the best way to reduce gun crime is an arms race, rather than trying to stop the supply of guns to criminals. I'm not saying that's easy, and I'm not saying ban all guns immediately - I actually specifically said as much above - I just think it's the right goal to aim for.

I just fail to see why the best way to reduce gun crime is an arms race, rather than trying to stop the supply of guns to criminals. I'm not saying that's easy, and I'm not saying ban all guns immediately - I actually specifically said as much above - I just think it's the right goal to aim for.

It worked for the Cold War. How many nuclear wars did we have during that "arms race" when the bad guys* were well aware the good guys* had nukes of their own.

Pretty fucking effective if you ask me.

*Each "side" could be found here

It worked for the Cold War. How many nuclear wars did we have during that "arms race" when the bad guys* were well aware the good guys* had nukes of their own.

Pretty fucking effective if you ask me.

*Each "side" could be found here

But is that preferable to neither side having nukes?

So you're going with the 'people will do what the fuck they want so why even bother trying to stop them' attitude? In which case Woody's poster is probably quite apt.

I'm not trying to turn the US in to the UK - lord knows we have enough issues of our own. I just fail to see why the best way to reduce gun crime is an arms race, rather than trying to stop the supply of guns to criminals. I'm not saying that's easy, and I'm not saying ban all guns immediately - I actually specifically said as much above - I just think it's the right goal to aim for.

In a way I guess that is what I'm saying. The bad guys will still get guns and the good guys will be less and less able to defend themselves. But if you've never had any particular set of Rights, whatever they might be, one would not understand that someone else might be loath to give up those rights. Yes I guess a goal of a gun free country is an admirable goal. Maybe. Again the goal of a drug or alcohol Free America would be a positioyve goal as well.

There are probably a lot of things we are free to do right now that we'd be better off if those rights were taken away from us. Agree or disagree? But again if grandma is going to be mugged I prefer that grandma had a concealed carry license 38 in her purse that she knew how to use. I also hope that everyone who has a CCW goes about the safety and preventative steps that they are taught.

WSS

Oh, bs, Chris. Btw, the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" you indirectly refer to (see "going to hell")...

is incorrect. The original Hebrew and Greek says "Thou Shalt Not Murder").

and you said "...not saying ban all guns immediately..."

Seriously? What kind of really dumb people expect gun owners to go with

any kind of goal that is "get guns out of the hands of criminals", when the long term

goal is to dominate those who aren't like you...as in...have guns?

Apparently, you haven't caught up with our Constitution. Liberals never solve problems, they just

whine about wanting utopia, so they can at least try to achieve some self-serving justification for whatever ails them.

Oh, bs, Chris. Btw, the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" you indirectly refer to (see "going to hell")...

Yeah, that was a glib reply - but you can bet there'd be some people saying it for real.

and you said "...not saying ban all guns immediately..."

Seriously? What kind of really dumb people expect gun owners to go with

any kind of goal that is "get guns out of the hands of criminals", when the long term

goal is to dominate those who aren't like you...as in...have guns?

I'm not trying to dominate anyone. I'm thinking that the best way to reduce gun crime isn't necessarily to make sure everybody has a gun.

Apparently, you haven't caught up with our Constitution. Liberals never solve problems, they just

whine about wanting utopia, so they can at least try to achieve some self-serving justification for whatever ails them.

I love this idea that the constitution is held as sacrosanct. So then why amend it in the first place? You either hold it as gospel and live by it, or you accept the fact that it is flawed and you amend it. You can't amend it and then claim it's perfect. It's an evolving thing, being continually refined. As I understand it - correct me if I'm wrong - not even every state has accepted all the amendments?

But is that preferable to neither side having nukes?

Which one is more possible, arming everyone or making guns disappear? Shit in one hand and wish in the other.

I would prefer having an armed and polite society to one where clueless government goons try to enforce inane gun laws (922r for example) that only punish the law abiding.

I am guessing, since the Bible has been translated so many times, no one knows what the original words were that some dudes wrote down.

Archived