THE BROWNS BOARD

Remarks about gays prompt suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star

MLD Woody

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another PR nightmare for the hunter, years before his TV show. The controversial comments start at the 17-minute mark; he later makes an implicitly racist comment at the 26:36 mark: Koala

Seriously? "pr nightmare" ???

Sorry, but who cares about "pr" ? Or "pc" ? Controversial? To WHO? Truly believing like he does is bad?

Come on, man. There is serious good in that entire message. In his experience, and in Bradshaw's, do you doubt

that Bradshaw or he ever faced defensive lines that happened to be all black? Would it be fine if he said

"chased by a bunch of great big white guys trying to stomp you into the turf" ??? Perhaps, since Bradshaw

and he are white. Imagine that the "great big black defensive linemen" said racial things to them, and that's

why Bradshaw perhaps made a point of it?

It's always controversy to libs and those who, albeit subconciously, follow libs' lead - "if you think differently,

you are bad. We always get to decide what is special and acceptable."

Nah. I don't care a flying fig, either, that anybody thinks there was "controversy" about Phil's speech here,

and it is very similar to the speeches he's given in California, and many other places.

I've seen Phil in person, and he exudes gentleness, humor, and sincere love for God, his way of life, his family,

and the rest. "pr nightmare" is just somebody's hateful way of trying to diminish someone being and believing

and thinking differently than the person who just can't stand other people being, and believing, and thinking

outside of what is "accepted" by the hateful "clique".

Cal, just because something isn't offensive to you, doesn't mean it is only offensive to a small lib brainwashed clique....

It is bad PR for A&E. They are a company.

This. If I owned a restaurant, I wouldn't want my waiters outside talking about how they think black people are disgusting. They have a right to that dipshit opinion but I will not let them push away customers on my time or dime.

Little bit of difference in the situations hoss. Duck Dynasty is about 3 redneck brothers who hunt. Everyone who watches, knows this. Do you really thinks these guys like gays? And did A&E? Hell no. This is just catering to the queer Lesbians and gay and freak show community, bottom line.

Nielson ratings are going to surge in a big way. Only in America can some booray (from wherever he's from) espouse his views in a leading metrosexual periodical..... the end result being a

increased awareness of his brand and a fattening of his wallet. So it goes.

He said "great big black men and white men". That video didn't show me anything offensive. However, the guy is still a backwards hillbilly.

He specifically said "violent black men". What point does the players' color serve, except in a subliminally racist context? Whether you get hit by an indigo lineman or a white lineman, it doesn't matter. He invoked the "violent black men" stereotype, plain and simple.

This. If I owned a restaurant, I wouldn't want my waiters outside talking about how they think black people are disgusting. They have a right to that dipshit opinion but I will not let them push away customers on my time or dime. Logic

Sure, but Phil didn't talk stuff on the show, or on the set, or about A&E.

If you owned a restaurant, would it be appropriate to fire someone for openly offending

customers by being overtly gay? Or, openly avoiding a gay employee on his lunch break?

But then, outside of work, in some magazine or online forum, voicing opinions? This pc gay arrogance is

making glaad look like the gay looney and avid dipsheets organization. Backlash is really, really huge.

Here is IRONY:

The dems, the left, and the gays want "tolerance".... until they get the upper hand. Then, they dish out the opposite.

It's all about ulterior motive - political power to translate into $$$$$$$$$. Lawsuit city, claiming "victimhood" at the slightest

annoyance.

Read Phil's book before you judge him.

Little bit of difference in the situations hoss. Duck Dynasty is about 3 redneck brothers who hunt. Everyone who watches, knows this. Do you really thinks these guys like gays? And did A&E? Hell no. This is just catering to the queer Lesbians and gay and freak show community, bottom line.

They were representing a business. Same as my example.

Granted, A&E should have known that some hillbillly nonsense was going to fall out of their mouths as soon as a mic was put in front of them. Robertson also said that blacks were happier before the civil rights movement haha. I am sure they seemed real happy to a white person living in Louisiana.

This. If I owned a restaurant, I wouldn't want my waiters outside talking about how they think black people are disgusting. They have a right to that dipshit opinion but I will not let them push away customers on my time or dime. Logic

Sure, but Phil didn't talk stuff on the show, or on the set, or about A&E.

If you owned a restaurant, would it be appropriate to fire someone for openly offending

customers by being overtly gay? Or, openly avoiding a gay employee on his lunch break?

But then, outside of work, in some magazine or online forum, voicing opinions? This pc gay arrogance is

making glaad look like the gay looney and avid dipsheets organization. Backlash is really, really huge.

Here is IRONY:

The dems, the left, and the gays want "tolerance".... until they get the upper hand. Then, they dish out the opposite.

It's all about ulterior motive - political power to translate into $$$$$$$$$. Lawsuit city, claiming "victimhood" at the slightest

annoyance.

Read Phil's book before you judge him.

If my waiters had signed a contract that made it clear that they were representing my restaurant even when they aren't on the job (I am sure A&E had such a clause), I would absolutely can them.

He specifically said "violent black men". What point does the players' color serve, except in a subliminally racist context? Whether you get hit by an indigo lineman or a white lineman, it doesn't matter. He invoked the "violent black men" stereotype, plain and simple.

I will give the hill jack the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Robertson also said that blacks were happier before the civil rights movement haha. I am sure they seemed real happy to a white person living in Louisiana.

He also called himself white trash immediately following that statement. Seeing as that Phil worked on farms with blacks he was likely treated as they were as opposed to growing up in some NOLA sugar-baron household.

I also missed the quote where he said "all blacks." He was specifically referring to his experience, and likely an anecdotal representation of his memories. I'm sure "farm work" in the south in the 50's & 60's probably wasn't like working for Google and there were probably a few "rough days at work" mixed in too. What kind of stories do you tell when recounting a memory? It seems that Phil Robertson might be the 1st person in history to tell a fish tale.

Holy fuck. The reading comprehension level in this country is about a "3."

He also called himself white trash immediately following that statement. Seeing as that Phil worked on farms with blacks he was likely treated as they were as opposed to growing up in some NOLA sugar-baron household.

I also missed the quote where he said "all blacks." He was specifically referring to his experience, and likely an anecdotal representation of his memories. I'm sure "farm work" in the south in the 50's & 60's probably wasn't like working for Google and there were probably a few "rough days at work" mixed in too. What kind of stories do you tell when recounting a memory? It seems that Phil Robertson might be the 1st person in history to tell a fish tale.

Holy fuck. The reading comprehension level in this country is about a "3."

The guy said he never saw the mistreatment of a black person with his "own eyes" in fucking Jim Crow south.

No one implied that he was riding on his horse as a field boss. But to say in all of his time that he never saw the mistreatment of black folks means the guy is full of shit or too dumb to know that what he saw was mistreatment. Before you wail and bitch, my in-laws were black in Georgia and working farms during that time period. They don't tell the same fairy tales as Robertson.

My point exactly. The left insisted on a more civil discourse...

until they got the majority back, and a dem pres, then all hell breaks

loose

and GOODBYE civil discourse.

Like the dems warning reps not to go with the nuclear option....

then they dang good and well do it because they have the majority.

No conspiracy. Observation.

The guy said he never saw the mistreatment of a black person with his "own eyes" in fucking Jim Crow south.

No one implied that he was riding on his horse as a field boss. But to say in all of his time that he never saw the mistreatment of black folks means the guy is full of shit or too dumb to know that what he saw was mistreatment. Before you wail and bitch, my in-laws were black in Georgia and working farms during that time period. They don't tell the same fairy tales as Robertson.

Yeah but you were quick as fuck to imply he was talking about all blacks.

My point was (and is) that we don't know. Again, anecdotal memories are far from 100% accurate. I think he was making a point about entitlement and welfare and the garbage that it turns anyone into (white or black), and used a "fairytale" from his past.

You've clearly never spent 5 seconds watching the show because you would have heard one of his brother's stories that have some exaggerations in them are 99.9% exaggeration.

Archived