THE BROWNS BOARD

Nelson Mandela

gftChris

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know about the terrorist narrative, either.

I did know that he led the African people in a self-defense

"war".

You can't litterally enslave people, murder them at will, without

violence in self-defense.

That is far difference that a terrorist, who commits grievious acts of

violence, for the purpose of political, religious, monetary power.

In the later years, then, he was a great man. That sounds better to me now.

Lol, the voice of reason, for once.

Apparently, everyone here except cal think apartheid was just a fun walk in the park for the native majority...

Not really. It's just that anyone with any knowledge of the subject understands that Mandela's successes were built upon the broken bones of Steve Biko's face and that those of us find the deification of "Madiba" slightly sickening.

Not really. It's just that anyone with any knowledge of the subject understands that Mandela's successes were built upon the broken bones of Steve Biko's face and that those of us find the deification of "Madiba" slightly sickening.

He learned from his life mistakes and became an outspoken advocate of nonviolent struggle. I don't see all the Christians here condemning St. Paul because he had Christians tortured and executed before his conversion...

He learned from his life mistakes and became an outspoken advocate of nonviolent struggle. I don't see all the Christians here condemning St. Peter because he had Christians tortured and executed before his conversion...

That was Saul -> Paul.

And Paul gets shat on quite frequently here (or did, i've been M.I.A. for a while).

obviously, hypoallergenic puppies are just obama's way of making everyone dependent on his hundreds of puppy farms across the country and driving the big republican donor pharmaceutical companies out of business. plus, it's been proven that if you take in a hypoallergenic puppy you're 83% less likely to own a gun, all part of his plan to violate (y)our 2nd amendment rights.

;)

obviously, hypoallergenic puppies are just obama's way of making everyone dependent on his hundreds of puppy farms across the country and driving the big republican donor pharmaceutical companies out of business. plus, it's been proven that if you take in a hypoallergenic puppy you're 83% less likely to own a gun, all part of his plan to violate (y)our 2nd amendment rights.

;)

Nicely spoken from a non-citizen. Don't really care about your viewpoints on 2nd amendment.

;)

bam-margera-holds-gun-to-dogs-head.jpeg

Back to your point Osiris, I agree with you. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Still I don't necessarily agree with likening him to Arafat but not bin Laden. It's not that I disagree with the Arafat reference but I can understand how a certain group of people might think Osama bin Laden was a hero. I wonder how the British feel about George Washington. Or the southerners about Abraham Lincoln. We all like to pretend that our guys are the good guys and it when they go to war it's clean and above board. But we all know that's bullshit. War is disgusting brutal nasty and just chock full of rape pillage and plunder torture, all that good shit from both sides. But I freely admit my hypocrisy and root for my circle of guys. One of the overused catch phrases in the media is lustung whatever atrocities a dictator commits and then add, against his own people! How many of Lincoln's own people did he kill? Washington?

But Nelson Mandela is a hero or because he murdered white people. There are plenty of African nations a lot shittier than South Africa but their dictators and victims are black so nobody gives a shit.

WSS

I don't care about your viewpoints on anything, really, but I'm not going to stop you posting them.

Well, you don't have the power to stop anything I post do you? And whether you care about my viewpoints or not I could give a rats ass, so to speak. And by the way, fuck the Queen. :D

Back to your point Osiris, I agree with you. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Still I don't necessarily agree with likening him to Arafat but not bin Laden. It's not that I disagree with the Arafat reference but I can understand how a certain group of people might think Osama bin Laden was a hero.

I'm sure some think of bin Laden as a hero too, but the scope of people who do is much narrower than for Mandela. No foreign dignitaries are flocking to bin Laden's grave to celebrate his life, and no American soccer moms are sighing and saying its too bad about bin Laden. So that's what I mean when I say they aren't comparable.

I wonder how the British feel about George Washington. Or the southerners about Abraham Lincoln. We all like to pretend that our guys are the good guys and it when they go to war it's clean and above board. But we all know that's bullshit. War is disgusting brutal nasty and just chock full of rape pillage and plunder torture, all that good shit from both sides. But I freely admit my hypocrisy and root for my circle of guys.

Yes, with you on that 100%, war sucks and all this 'war glory' crap and acting like one side is more noble than the other is BS. That's the hard lesson wide-eyed recruits learn when they go to war, I imagine.

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:20 AM

"
Nelson Mandela
is a leader who
Barack
Obama
should try to emulate."

"He could start by spending 27 years in prison."

Don Imus

Archived