THE BROWNS BOARD

Nelson Mandela

gftChris

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Chris, gets a pass. Arafat's name is synonymous with terrorism, at least here in the US.

WSS

Yeah, the name Arafat tends to be connected with bad things here too. But my point was, why would Mandela be?

Never saw the fascination with Mandela. I suppose one day Obama will be remembered like this, and for no reason.

Are you fucking kidding me? Like he was a fad or something. He fucking changed the world, go read something. By far the most idiotic thing I have heard you say.

yea READ something

I wouldnt and DONT give a rip about this "peace activist" either!

because it is the work of a media scrub job...

"Unfortunately, 1990 is where Mandela’s history begins and in 1999 is where it ends for most people. There is more.

A man named Tony Hollingsworth claims to be the person who transformed Mandela from terrorist to beloved icon."

"Hollingsworth, now 55, envisaged a star-studded concert that would transform Mandela from outlaw to icon in the public’s mind, and in turn press governments adopt a more accommodating stance.

He approached Archbishop Trevor Huddleston, president of the British Anti-Apartheid Movement, to pitch his musical strategy.

“I told Trevor that the African National Congress and the anti-apartheid movement had reached their glass ceiling; they couldn’t go further.”

“Everything you are doing is ‘anti’, you are protesting on the streets, but it will remain in that space. Many people will agree, but you will not appeal them.”

“Mandela and the movement should be seen as something positive, confident, something you would like to be in your living room with.”

While Hollingsworth dealt with artists, Mike Terry — head of the movement in London — dealt with the ANC and the sceptics in the anti-apartheid movement.

And there were many, including Mandela himself, who asked several times that the struggle not be about him.

Many others insisted the focus remain on sanctions against the apartheid regime.

“A lot of people were criticising me for sanitising it,” Hollingsworth remembered.

Eventually Terry convinced the ANC and Hollingsworth convinced Simple Minds, Dire Straits, Sting, George Michael, The Eurythmics, Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder into the 83-artist line up.

With that musical firepower came contracts for a more than 11 hour broadcast.

“We signed with the entertainment department of television (stations). And when the head of the department got home and watched on his channel that they were calling Mandela a terrorist, they called straight to the news section to say, don’t call this man a terrorist, we just signed 11 hours of broadcasting for a tribute about him.”

“This is how we turned Mandela from a black terrorist into a black leader.”

http://floppingaces.net/2013/12/07/mandela-beyond-the-image/

Mandela was a great man - wanted freedom, and fairness for all,

regardless of race, a bringer-together-er.

Obamao is just a marxist, racist pig with Napoleonic mentality tossed in,

with avid desires to divide people by race, favoring blacks and muslims,

divide them with class/economic pychological warfare, any way he can.

That's how despots come to power. Half favors him cult-like, and half

end up fearing his influence, and out right power.

Obamao is very, very much the exact opposite of Obamao.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/zulus-in-last-stand-against-invasion-of-anc-forces-6171170.html

Actually like so many third world war lords this was a struggle for power and not necessarily equality for all. The Zulus (and whites) died by the hundreds if not thousands.

Apartheid was probably the least of your worries in South Africa. Unfair? Sure. How did Uganda look folks?

WSS

yea READ something

I wouldnt and DONT give a rip about this "peace activist" either!

because it is the work of a media scrub job...

"Unfortunately, 1990 is where Mandelas history begins and in 1999 is where it ends for most people. There is more.

A man named Tony Hollingsworth claims to be the person who transformed Mandela from terrorist to beloved icon."

"Hollingsworth, now 55, envisaged a star-studded concert that would transform Mandela from outlaw to icon in the publics mind, and in turn press governments adopt a more accommodating stance.

He approached Archbishop Trevor Huddleston, president of the British Anti-Apartheid Movement, to pitch his musical strategy.

I told Trevor that the African National Congress and the anti-apartheid movement had reached their glass ceiling; they couldnt go further.

Everything you are doing is anti, you are protesting on the streets, but it will remain in that space. Many people will agree, but you will not appeal them.

Mandela and the movement should be seen as something positive, confident, something you would like to be in your living room with.

While Hollingsworth dealt with artists, Mike Terry head of the movement in London dealt with the ANC and the sceptics in the anti-apartheid movement.

And there were many, including Mandela himself, who asked several times that the struggle not be about him.

Many others insisted the focus remain on sanctions against the apartheid regime.

A lot of people were criticising me for sanitising it, Hollingsworth remembered.

Eventually Terry convinced the ANC and Hollingsworth convinced Simple Minds, Dire Straits, Sting, George Michael, The Eurythmics, Eric Clapton, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder into the 83-artist line up.

With that musical firepower came contracts for a more than 11 hour broadcast.

We signed with the entertainment department of television (stations). And when the head of the department got home and watched on his channel that they were calling Mandela a terrorist, they called straight to the news section to say, dont call this man a terrorist, we just signed 11 hours of broadcasting for a tribute about him.

This is how we turned Mandela from a black terrorist into a black leader.

http://floppingaces.net/2013/12/07/mandela-beyond-the-image/

He's black. Therefore his achievements mean more than other people who actually achieved more. That's racism for you. Liberals are the single most racist demographic. They THINK they're the least racist but holding an entire race to a lower standard is racist as fuck.

Yeah he was the first black president of south Africa, so what? He was cal's favorite thing ever a Marxist, liberal, seditionist. I'm not going to put myself out pretending I give a dick that he's dead.

Let me rephrase that...

ObaMao is the opposite of Mandela.

Obamao is a hateful, lying sombeech, racist, marxist piglet.

Mandela was a great man, who stood and suffered for many years...

for racial togetherness.

Let me rephrase that...

ObaMao is the opposite of Mandela.

Obamao is a hateful, lying sombeech, racist, marxist piglet.

Mandela was a great man, who stood and suffered for many years...

for racial togetherness.

Cal I'm a little bit surprised by your love for Nelson Mandela.

The guy was as much of a violent terrorist as any third world warlord or shopping mall bomber.

Yes he eventually kind of, sort of, changed his position at least for public consumption while in prison. Don't forget why he was in prison. Not for peaceful protest for caring signs out front of the Capitol. For butchering innocent men women and children (of all races) to obtain his goal of power for the African National Congress.

He was also a devout Marxist.

Even so his legend, if you will, has been elevated to mythical stature and for right or wrong he is an important figure on the world stage. I think you are way off base to compare President Obama with him at any rate. Obama is merely a hack Chicago ward politician elevated to national office.

Yes Obama's aura, like Mandela's, has been inflated by not only the US but the world liberal press. Still, in Obama's case, I think everyone is finally getting to see it was all a sham.

WSS

Cal I'm a little bit surprised by your love for Nelson Mandela.

The guy was as much of a violent terrorist as any third world warlord or shopping mall bomber.

Yes he eventually kind of, sort of, changed his position at least for public consumption while in prison. Don't forget why he was in prison. Not for peaceful protest for caring signs out front of the Capitol. For butchering innocent men women and children (of all races) to obtain his goal of power for the African National Congress.

He was also a devout Marxist.

Even so his legend, if you will, has been elevated to mythical stature and for right or wrong he is an important figure on the world stage. I think you are way off base to compare President Obama with him at any rate. Obama is merely a hack Chicago ward politician elevated to national office.

Yes Obama's aura, like Mandela's, has been inflated by not only the US but the world liberal press. Still, in Obama's case, I think everyone is finally getting to see it was all a sham.

WSS

I never heard this terrorist narrative so you inspired me to research it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umkhonto_we_Sizwe

It's good to understand everything that made the man to get a full picture. I think it look like classic case of "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." I don't think comparing him to Bin Laden would be fair. The storyline appears to be similar to the Palestinian one, as he tried peaceful methods before resorting to violence and returning to non violence.

I didn't know about the terrorist narrative, either.

I did know that he led the African people in a self-defense

"war".

You can't litterally enslave people, murder them at will, without

violence in self-defense.

That is far difference that a terrorist, who commits grievious acts of

violence, for the purpose of political, religious, monetary power.

In the later years, then, he was a great man. That sounds better to me now.

Archived