THE BROWNS BOARD

Costco Labels Bible as Fiction

MLD Woody

I think it's more 'treat me how you want to be treated' when it comes to gay marriage at least. Gay people, I'm sure, will leave you the fuck alone, in terms of anything related to being gay. They just want to equally be left alone to love and shag whoever they want, what happens between consenting adults is basically fine. Except that one time two people met up on the internet and one ate the other. That's...less fine.

I think government should be out of the marriage business all together. It is a religious ceremony. Let everyone who is of consenting age be able to choose to join in a legally binding union. If they choose to have a religious ceremony to celebrate the occasion than so be it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think government should be out of the marriage business all together. It is a religious ceremony. Let everyone who is of consenting age be able to choose to join in a legally binding union. If they choose to have a religious ceremony to celebrate the occasion than so be it.

Well that all depends on your interpretation of marriage. Marriage in itself is a legal contract binding two parties together, which can be celebrated with a ceremony, religious or otherwise. Nobody should be forcing religious institutions to allow gay people to be married therein, that would just be PC nonsense.

Law abiding gun owners should not be penalised for the actions of idiots with guns. Punishing the many for the mistakes of the few is never a good solution. What I personally would like to see, however, is a society in which people don't feel the need to sleep with a gun by their bed. Once we reach that point, gun control will be moot, since it would only be used for recreational purposes and as such could be kept safely at a place for said recreation.

Or is that just crazy talk?

Crazy talk, Chris... there will always be those who will assault/murder/rape/pillage. Always hsa been. And folks

should be allowed to keep their guns in any society, to be responsible for their own safety. The police just can't

be there in three minutes, as some murderer breaks into your house and comes after you. It's reality. But more

than anything else, the idea that Americans' guns should be kept safely somewhere? Now, come on. When I killed

a big coyote that apparently kept coming back, and stalking our field, within 20' of my Wifie on our tractor...

I'm supposed to go downtown to some "safe" place, and fill out some paperwork, pay some stupid fee, and

wait three days to get my "recreational" gun back, to protect her? Naw. Guns are a great thing, and a bad thing,

depending on whose hands they are in. Same thing for cars and knives, and m-80's, and gasoline, and candlesticks,

baseball bats.....

Same thing for being in our woods during deer season, and some nutjob was screaming at me from 50' feet away, because we

don't allow hunting on our beautiful property...(we have the ancient orchard and huge oaks, and our 2 3 acre wetlands)..

near the border of our property, that he was going to shoot a deer right next to my head. I was just sitting out there, and only got up, and he saw me,

just before dark. That's reality. And I have my ccw license on the advice of the game warden, and sheriff deputy.

I don't think its religious in nature at all, hence the outrage. It is, of course, a set of legal restrictions requirements penalties and perks.

In the light of the strict legal translation and original intent the institution has officially outlived its usefulness.

Not that I necessarily celebrate that particular, uh, improvement in society but it is what it is.

WSS

Gays are an aberration. That is why the majority of people don't want to recognize their lifestyle. No one thinks a guy should be able to marry a horse. I don't agree, I think gays should be allowed to marry, but I understand the point of view.

Polls in 2013

A September Quinnipiac University poll found that 56% of American adults and 57% of registered voters supported same-sex marriage. Only 36% of both groups were opposed.[13]

A July 10–14 poll by Gallup found support for gay marriage at 54%, a record high, and double the support of 27% Gallup first measured when the question was asked in 1996.[14]

A July poll by USA Today found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.[15]

A May 9 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.[16]

A March 20–24 CBS News Poll found that 53% of Americans supported same-sex marriage, 39% opposed it, and 8% were undecided.[17] The same poll also found that 33% of Americans who thought same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry said they once held the opposite view and had changed their opinion.

A March 7–10 Washington Post-ABC News[18] poll found that 58% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 36% opposed. The poll indicated that 52% of GOP-leaning independents under 50 years old supported gay marriage.[19]

A March Quinnipiac University poll of voters found 47% supported same-sex marriage and 43% were opposed.[20]

I thought you said Americans, my bad. I forget sometimes we consider only America or all of the world based on what fits the argument better.

Here is a poll that include some other countries, http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-gaymarriage-poll-idUSBRE95H09T20130618

But yeah, just developed countries. I'm sure you could find a correlation between the relative education and religious influence in a nation and their support of gay marriage.

I am just realizing Cal has turned a good number of these threads into "the liberal and gays are out to change our way of life!" and I have actually fallen for responding...

You were comparing a situation involving rape (person raping a horse) to one of aberrant sexual behavior. It is definitely aberrant. We as a species would die out after a generation if everyone turned gay. However, I don't give a fuck what someone else does so long as it doesn't effect me. Don't like gay sex? Then don't bang a dude.

Try this one on for size, sir. As I told woody, I'm the most liberal country in the entire world its still a emotional hot button issue. Less liberal countries put ypu to death for entertaining the idea. I'll go ahead and guess humankind isn't quite at the level of maturity needed for a decision like this yet.

You were comparing a situation involving rape (person raping a horse) to one of aberrant sexual behavior. It is definitely aberrant. We as a species would die out after a generation if everyone turned gay. However, I don't give a fuck what someone else does so long as it doesn't effect me. Don't like gay sex? Then don't bang a dude.

Also its not rape. Horses have no right to choose their own sexual partners. Clearly ypu don't know much about studding and that. Its animal abuse

A horse can't consent to sex with a human. And no I don't keep up on the different methods of horse fucking so please inform all of us. I am sure we are all dying to know.

What liberal country do you know of that kills people over gay sex acts?

Well hell all of them gays are still in danger. All of them. That's because their behaviour Is aberrant and people hate and fear what they don't understand.

And you can't rape a horse. A horse has no rights. You can abuse an animal.

Archived