THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer named even though Weeden cleared to play...hmmmm

flyingfooldoug

Bridgewater's the best, so technically yeah, there's a dropoff. That's true whenever there's a consensus #1 (which I believe there is this year)... but I also believe by the end of the year there could be 5 first round QBs who could be all be better prospects than E.J. Manuel: Bridgewater, Hundley, and Boyd for sure. If Mariota comes out, I'd say that's four. Manziel is right there. And then there's Fales, Carr, and Stephen Morris, who could all go in round 2. One might even rise to late round 1 (in the traditional trade-up).

So yeah, Bridgewater is #1 (overall)... but it's a really good year to draft a quarterback.

Better than Ej Manuel, that's not hard to surpass by any means. Did you watch the game yesterday? He almost Gave that game to the ravens more than once.

If not for Flaccos 5 picks this game was over by halftime.

How about the bills jets game the week before it was the worst game of quarterbacking I have watched in a long time. (And I'm a browns fan)

Don't think bridge is the best. I'm not big on the 204 pound frame.

I know I'm not going to sway your opinion but these qb's are ranked to high and overvalued.

I hope this front office thinks like the other successful teams in the NFL and don't overvalue their draft boards, and wait for value to come to them.

If I'm the browns FO I would be looking at 2-3 round for a qb not the first.

Wheezy can put touch on the ball... we've seen him do it. But only when he is not under pressure.

The guy has to think on the field... has no instinct for the position. If he does not see an open receiver, he cannot pull the trigger.

I think thats a perfect description of Weeden. Hoyer is definitely the quicker decision maker and he can throw with accuracy. Maybe he doesn't have the cannon that Weeden does, but he gets the ball out and into the receivers hands.

Weeden did have to deal with Greg Little as #1 for those two weeks. And we know all the drop problems, but you have to stick with Hoyer and I believe he is the better all around qb.

Weeds ship has sailed and it's unfortunate...He's super kid...it just wasnt in the cards for him...He can take solace that his life is taken care of...I feel really bad for him..He tried his ass off and I commend him for it...good luck whatever happens to ya Weeds..regardless that things didnt work out thus far..Im still a weeden fan...But Im all in with Hoyer...

So you are saying after Bridgewater the talent level don't drop off?

I would say "no". I'm not even sold on Bridgewater as being the best QB in the draft.

I'd look out for Fales, Boyd, and Carr, hell even Mettenberger and Murray both looked capable in that game Saturday. Not to mention the underclassmen Mariota, Manziel, Hogan, and Hundley. If those guys come out we are in great shape to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and maybe even stash him for a year or two if Hoyer keeps playing well.

Archived