THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is Chud waiting to name a starter vs Bungles?

Browns149

Wanted to put this separately: One of the beat writers wrote these two points without irony. Ouch.

1. I still think Weeden has the most upside and I'd like to see him with Gordon.

2. Wow, PFF says the Browns line played WAY better in week three than in the previous weeks, allowing only six pressures against a very good pass rush team!

He never once said that perhaps that's because one of Hoyer's best traits, learned while watching Brady, is getting the ball out fast. He never seemed to notice that the line personnel was the same... but the QB changed. Remember when the line sucked for Charlie Frye, always "running for his life," but seemed just fine for statue Derek Anderson?

I'm not going all Ghoolie and saying the wide bodies don't matter, but all lines look infinitely better when Aaron Rodgers is playing behind them.

#2 is critical Shep. That IMHO is what makes Payton Manning one of the all time greats- he doesn't have the quickest release, but NO ONE reads a defense and gets rid of the ball faster than Manning. He's still great at it, but 8 yeas ago, you'd see him do his 5 or 7 step drop, and the ball was out of his hand fractions of a second after he planted his foot. No Clady? No problem. :)

Archived