THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Weeden PLZ

TradeWeedenPlz

Fair enough...

And FYI... I get it. I'm disappointed, too.

Also, FYI... you were right that it was not a 90 MPH bullet...

I see below avg wr bailing out good Qbs shitty throws all the time. Is it too much to ask for 1.

And there comes a time where the dropped passes outnumbers the really bad throws. And that time is upon us. With all the dropped passes it just magnifiies the bad ones. And that is unfair. All Qbs throw 2-5 bad throws a game. The is the Brown's and the guy has to walk on egg shells since game one last year.

I exaggerated. It was a terrible throw, and yes the velocity couldn't been dialed down.

Noone is excusing Little from dropping passes. Look around, most are clammoring for him to be benched. He's proven he's not consistent enough to play.

yea we could do better than little. Did not even talk to the ravens about boldin. We coulda offered a 2nd rounder even if he only around for three years

It's not a bad line for a game manager QB... but that takes a run game..

Look... I did not want Wheezy. I was highly critical of the pick. But he is here now and you are correct that what is going on now is not all his fault.

But you have to acknowledge that he is "not in Kansas anymore" (or Oklahoma). He's in the big leagues now where everything is faster. And he may just not be up to the task. Competant college QBs not cutting it in the NFL happen all the time.

Plus he is probably missing all those freebies he got to go to OkSU... B)

Tell that to the WRs and everyone saying he is throwing the ball too hard...

Tell that to the WRs and everyone saying he is throwing the ball too hard...

OK... but will also maintain that a couple of those "hard throws" were not to a location where they gave the WR the best chance.

Wheezy has a habit of staring at his intended target and then throwing high. That tends to make WR's as nervous as clay pigeons in a Sports Science segment.

It was a bad pass to Obi...and unfortunately it clearly cost the team a TD because he was so wide open.

There isn't anything Weeden can do about the drops though other than just not throwing the ball to Little. Those drops kill drives. As I said in another thread...look how average Tom Brady looked on Thursday night when his receivers were dropping everything thrown to them.

Not every pass is going to be exactly perfect, the receivers need to help the QB out from time to time and certainly not drop the ones that bounce off their chest.

To a large extent, I agree with the OP- you can't blame everything on Weeden. However that overthow to Obi was sickening & inexcusable without a defender in the same area code- it was an easy touchdown, and Brandon has GOT to make that throw in a close game- it literally would have been a game changer.

I don't know if Little's hands of stone can ever be fixed- and Weeden did zip some bullets into tight coverage to Greg that were imminently catchable.

Agreed the right side of the OL needs fixing fast. Cousins has stunk up the joint two weeks running, and Schwartz blew a blocking assignment that got Weeden killed.

I said it in another thread- Brandon has improved, but compared to the best in the biz, he's still a 1\2 beat slow in reading a defense, and he needs to improve on his pocket awareness- some of those sacks could have been avoided if he had sensed the rush and tossed the ball away. .

Seriously?? The pass to Ogby hit him in the f'ing hands... THAT is on the receiver. No QB can be asked to make "perfect" throws ALL THE TIME. Sometimes the WRs/RBs/TEs need to make a damn play...

I'm seriously sick of the Weeden hate. Typical Browns though, Let's bring in another QB next year so he can sh** the bed throwing the ball to guys who can't get open or catch...

Seriously?? The pass to Ogby hit him in the f'ing hands... THAT is on the receiver. No QB can be asked to make "perfect" throws ALL THE TIME. Sometimes the WRs/RBs/TEs need to make a damn play...

I'm seriously sick of the Weeden hate. Typical Browns though, Let's bring in another QB next year so he can sh** the bed throwing the ball to guys who can't get open or catch...

Weeden admits he should have given it a little more air.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_chris_ogbonna.html

When will we see the quotes from Greg Little after the game saying he needs to catch the ball when it hits him in the chest?

Probably won't get to hear any of those though..he was too busy getting his car towed at 1am after the game.

Hey, I said you can't blame it all on Weeden- I haven't watched the replay yet, but my initial impression was on that particular pass, Weeden led Obi so far he had to make a dive for the ball just so it did hit him in the hands.

BTW, if you read the PD article, what happens next? Delay of game- that's on the qb.Then Little has one of his patented drops. Punt.

Weeden admits he should have given it a little more air.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_chris_ogbonna.html

Of course he's going to say that. Again... it hit him in the hands. Last I checked, that is on the receiver... SOMEBODY has to make a play... I watched too many catchable balls bounce off of guys this week in key situations that I am not going to put it on Weeden... It's just sad that if the pass isn't "PERFECT" there is no way our guys are going to catch it...

Hey, I said you can't blame it all on Weeden- I haven't watched the replay yet, but my initial impression was on that particular pass, Weeden led Obi so far he had to make a dive for the ball just so it did hit him in the hands.

That was my feeling as well on the play.

He missed him. If we were scoring points on offense, it would be just that..chalked up to a choke on that particular play, no big deal. I'm sure Kosar and Sipe both missed wide open receivers in their day. The difference is they scored points and we won games, something this team is sorely lacking.

thats a class act QB bailing him out. what is he supposed to say? If it hits you on the hands...its on you. Man up....OWWWW mommy he threw it too hard!!...

Of course he's going to say that. Again... it hit him in the hands. Last I checked, that is on the receiver... SOMEBODY has to make a play... I watched too many catchable balls bounce off of guys this week in key situations that I am not going to put it on Weeden... It's just sad that if the pass isn't "PERFECT" there is no way our guys are going to catch it...

C'mon, guys ... he had him and he led him a tad too far.

It happened.

Zombo

BTW, if you read the PD article, what happens next? Delay of game- that's on the qb.Then Little has one of his patented drops. Punt.

That's what happened.

The throw needed some air. He led him too far.

I'm not basing my Weeden bashing on one play ... but that's six points with some touch from the QB.

Zombo

That was my feeling as well on the play.

He missed him. If we were scoring points on offense, it would be just that..chalked up to a choke on that particular play, no big deal. I'm sure Kosar and Sipe both missed wide open receivers in their day. The difference is they scored points and we won games, something this team is sorely lacking.

Damn I miss those days! At least back then you knew there was ALWAYS a chance the Browns could win! Not with the absolute SHIT that we today!

To a large extent, I agree with the OP- you can't blame everything on Weeden. However that overthow to Obi was sickening & inexcusable without a defender in the same area code- it was an easy touchdown, and Brandon has GOT to make that throw in a close game- it literally would have been a game changer.

I don't know if Little's hands of stone can ever be fixed- and Weeden did zip some bullets into tight coverage to Greg that were imminently catchable.

Agreed the right side of the OL needs fixing fast. Cousins has stunk up the joint two weeks running, and Schwartz blew a blocking assignment that got Weeden killed.

I said it in another thread- Brandon has improved, but compared to the best in the biz, he's still a 1\2 beat slow in reading a defense, and he needs to improve on his pocket awareness- some of those sacks could have been avoided if he had sensed the rush and tossed the ball away. .

I agree with the OP's points completely. The overall sentiment that "he was great at Okie State means nothing because the NFL is a whole new level but beyond that the actual points made are on the money. I think the throw to Obi was leading him and Obi slacked off on the route early. He still could have made the catch. As far as the passes being "to hard" bullshit , these guys are professionals and they need to catch them period.

Archived