THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 2 Game Impressions: Browns @ Ravens

Tour2ma

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our problem seems to be that the game is too long.

For 30 minutes we play decent, but after that apparently it's nap time.

Next week, Gordon back, RG should be back - win or pack it up for the year.

Don't care who we're playing, win it next week or just pack it up for the year, they're not going to do it.

Well... Weeden was much improved, still made some bonehead mistakes w/ delay of game penalties, but he hit his throws and worked around the pocket much better. Playcalling was slightly better, but we should have ran TRich all 3 plays on that first drive inside the 10. Defense was awesome, but again were hurt by such an inept offense. Our WRs are useless. Cameron disappeared. We REALLY need Gordon back, and I really think he will make a huge difference in this offense.

Overall... we needed to adjust to their pressure, especially on 3rd down. Where were the short slants? Screen passes? Draw plays? Anything that counters such a stern pass-rush??

Again, I saw some improvement, and I think we will continue to improve each week, it just wasn't enough to win yet... we'll get there just not as fast as we'd all like...

Well... Weeden was much improved, still made some bonehead mistakes w/ delay of game penalties, but he hit his throws and worked around the pocket much better. Playcalling was slightly better, but we should have ran TRich all 3 plays on that first drive inside the 10. Defense was awesome, but again were hurt by such an inept offense. Our WRs are useless. Cameron disappeared. We REALLY need Gordon back, and I really think he will make a huge difference in this offense.

Overall... we needed to adjust to their pressure, especially on 3rd down. Where were the short slants? Screen passes? Draw plays? Anything that counters such a stern pass-rush??

Again, I saw some improvement, and I think we will continue to improve each week, it just wasn't enough to win yet... we'll get there just not as fast as we'd all like...

Cameron disappeared because he was the only reliable target the Ravens had to cover. I'm hoping with Gordon back they both can get open. If not, it's going to be a long season offensively..

It's honestly like the team watches the same film on how to lose each Saturday night. Take a slim half time lead off 6-10 points? Check. Make zero adjustments on the offensive side of the ball? Check. Run less than 20 offensive plays and let the defense tire out? Check. Ultimately give up 10-17 points and lose. Done and done.

This team stinks

Not totally. Weeden is rapidly proving he isn't the answer. Greg Little is the reincarnation of Braylon Edwards. Trent Richardson is a wasted pick. Buster Skrine may have speed, but he has zero coverage skills. Incidentally, I saw Cousins get pancaked on a pass rush, and Schwartz stand like a statue and do his best matador move letteing the Rats OLB proceed unimpeeded to the qb.

OTOH, Cameron is OK, the defense is studly, and Mingo showed why he was a hig draft pick.

Archived