THE BROWNS BOARD

10 old girl denied the right to have God as her idol on class paper.

calfoxwc

These libdumbass examples keep coming. The young lady's rights were violated.

I blame Obamao for the left really careening out of control.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/09/12/mom-upset-daughter-wasnt-allowed-to-write-about-god/

First, the God from the Bible is a pretty horrible idol. How many people did he kill, plus his other hijinks. Jesus I could see though. Even though their the same? Or related or whatever.

Second, what is meant by this at the end :

I told the principal this morning, Would it be better if she wrote about Ellen Degeneres? Of course there was no comment.

Third, MJ? Why was that the next choice lol . Was it the girls or the teachers?

Fourth, why was the teacher in questioned not interviewed at all. Or even the administration more? Instead of just the girl and her mom.

Fifth, I'm not sure who's side I am on. I mean, writing about how god is your idol is kind of Sunday schoolish. I could see it not being allowed in public school.

First, the God from the Bible is a pretty horrible idol. How many people did he kill, plus his other hijinks. Jesus I could see though. Even though their the same? Or related or whatever.

Second, what is meant by this at the end :

I told the principal this morning, Would it be better if she wrote about Ellen Degeneres? Of course there was no comment.

Third, MJ? Why was that the next choice lol . Was it the girls or the teachers?

Fourth, why was the teacher in questioned not interviewed at all. Or even the administration more? Instead of just the girl and her mom.

Fifth, I'm not sure who's side I am on. I mean, writing about how god is your idol is kind of Sunday schoolish. I could see it not being allowed in public school.

You had such a good opportunity to respond intelligently with an opposing viewpoint and blew it again.

I'll help you out..

One definition of an idol is a person adored in excess., therefore God cannot be an idol, that would humanize Him. From this you could argue the teacher was correct in stating that God could not be her idol....but that would make you and the teacher sound like you believe in God and we wouldn't want that now would we Woody.

Who you idolize is a stupid topic anyway...the assignment should be about who the kids hero or role model is.

Archived