THE BROWNS BOARD

Black teens kill World War 2 vet in parking lot beating

Police seek 2 young suspects after World War II veteran dies following parking lot beating
Published August 23, 2013
FoxNews.com
  • vp-overlay-118.png082213_otr_veteran_640.jpg

Police in Spokane, Washington are searching for two young suspects after a World War II veteran was severely beaten in a parking lot Wednesday and later died from his injuries.

The Spokane Police Department says in a press release officers responded to reports of an assault Wednesday and found the victim in his car with serious head injuries. He later died Thursday in the hospital.

Authorities on Thursday released surveillance photos of the two suspects, who they describe as African-American males between the ages of 16 and 19.

Friends identified the victim as 88-year-old Delbert Belton, and say he was sitting outside a lodge for the Fraternal Order of the Eagles when he was attacked.

KXLY-TVexternal-link.png reports that Belton served in the Army during World War II and was shot in the leg during the Battle for Okinawa.

"He was a tough old bird, I'll tell you that," Ted Denison, Belton's friend for 23 years told the Spokesman-Review.

The station says he went on to work for Kaiser Aluminum for 30 years. Friends say he was known as “Shorty,” and enjoyed playing pool and working on cars. His wife passed away several years ago.

"He was just such a nice person for God's sake. I don't think Shorty had a mean bone in his body," friend Betty told KXLY-TV.com.

"It does appear random. He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths told the station.

Denison told KXLY-TV he cannot comprehend how someone could have carried out such an attack. "I thought of him more as a dad than I did a friend really," Denison said.

"He was always there for me when I needed him," Denison said. "We'd joke back and forth. We were always having fun, some sort of fun."

"I don't understand how somebody could do this. I really don't," he told the station.

"Anybody that didn't get to know him missed out on a wonderful angel in their life," Lillian Duncan told the Spokesman-Review.

The Spokane Police Department is asking anyone with information to call their hotline at 456-2233.

Click for more from KXLY.com.external-link.png

Click for more from the Spokesman-Review.external-link.png

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/23/world-war-ii-veteran-beaten-to-death-by-2-teenagers-in-washington-parking-lot/#ixzz2cndr2QpN

It's that vicious subculture. Grow up on the streets, with mental problems...

turn into violence and dope and crime.

And far too much of that subculture, is of the black community.

The shit birds that did this need to go to the head of the line on death row after they are convicted. I have no problem when criminals kill criminals in the hood, but it makes my blood boil when innocents are targeted....especially the elderly and kids.

Our justice system does not work. Capital punishment should be swift and just. Guilty verdict followed by five minutes of dragging his ass outside culminating with a single bullet behind the right ear and an unmarked grave for one in a potters field where no one will remember them. We're no better off keeping them alive than a rabid raccoon. They're of no greater value to society.

Our justice system does not work. Capital punishment should be swift and just. Guilty verdict followed by five minutes of dragging his ass outside culminating with a single bullet behind the right ear and an unmarked grave for one in a potters field where no one will remember them. We're no better off keeping them alive than a rabid raccoon. They're of no greater value to society.

uuhhhhh.... no

Our justice system is designed to error on the side of letting a guilty man go than an innocent go to jail, at least at its core.

Our system has let randy kraft live. Lawrence bittaker and Roy Norris still draw breath. Btk. John Mohammed. Every day these men live, the system has failed. These kids will get the same life they've been living...off the government dime...for the rest of their lives when they deserve to kick the wind.

Our system has let randy kraft live. Lawrence bittaker and Roy Norris still draw breath. Btk. John Mohammed. Every day these men live, the system has failed. These kids will get the same life they've been living...off the government dime...for the rest of their lives when they deserve to kick the wind. Cysko

Exactly. It's a disgrace. Years and years on death row. It's stupid. These scum laugh about going to prison,

they will find their kind there.

This ol' Vietnam Vet has WWII Vets on a pedestal. It takes 2 real MEN to beat an 88 year old to death, doesn't it? I know I'm crass, but I would lock those 2 cowards in a room with a couple Vets & let them get their just reward. A quick death is far more than they deserve. In fact, I would be honored to be one of those Vets doing a number on those punks. I guarantee they would cry & beg for mercy, which they would NOT get.

This kind of crap makes my blood boil.

Mike

More and more, it's repercussions of the entitlement great society break up

of families - the majority of them, black. This is heartbreaking, once again.

The sick violent cruelty is serious cause for alarm. It isn't just a few incidents,

it's cross country and more often. gangsta rap - born out of it, and re-enforcer of it.

Sick, extremely dangerous, total lack of respect for life. Just like terrorists around the world.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=general&catid=57600151&feed_id=999&videofeed=999

So now the sheriff is criticizing Belton, an old man, for fighting back against these scum and "making the situation worse" so, you know, when gangs of thugs assault you, don't fight back. You might make things worse...and speaking of worse, even worse than your death, you may violate their civil rights.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=general&catid=57600151&feed_id=999&videofeed=999

So now the sheriff is criticizing Belton, an old man, for fighting back against these scum and "making the situation worse" so, you know, when gangs of thugs assault you, don't fight back. You might make things worse...and speaking of worse, even worse than your death, you may violate their civil rights.

"I'm not being critical of Mr. Belton, we certainly encourage individuals to fight back, and he should have. But it shouldn't have happened to begin with."

I'm still waiting for obama's press conference where he says "he could have been my grandfather."

I'm still waiting for a press conference: Obama,Impeached....

Archived