THE BROWNS BOARD

Same Sex Marriage Vote Passes In Mn

VaporTrail

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/05/13/politics/minn-senate-approves-samesex-marriage

The legislation headed for the governor's desk changes the definition of marriage in Minnesota from "between a man and a woman" to a civil contract between two persons. State prohibitions against marriage between an uncle or aunt and niece or nephew, or between first cousins, remain on the books.

The state will also recognize the unions of same-sex people who were married in other states and countries

Which state's gonna be next?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty funny^

I've never commented on a gay marriage thread before (I think) but I'm going to say this:

Despite my belief that marriage is between a man and a woman who the fuck am I to tell somebody what to do with their life? Seriously, let's think about this for just a split second. Drop whatever you're doing and read it again from a different point of view. Who the fuck are YOU to tell somebody what to do with their life? Who are you? Who who, who who?

Also, I firmly believe that gay couples should not be allowed to adopt children. It could be mentally damaging to a child to not be raised around both a mother and a father; Not to mention the ridicule they would receive at school because let's face it.. children are evil. The way they treat each other can be downright evil at times because they don't know any better. I would hate for any child to have to endure hearing their parents called fags repeatedly.

Where do those insults come from though? The parents. They instill it in the kids.

Things like allowing gays to marry will help change that negative perception.

I think you're wrong about the adoption thing, but we'll just discuss marriage for now

Sooner or later the conservatives are going to have to accept this. You guys need to pick your battles and you ought to stick to politics and not morals. Conservative does not equal Christian its two different things. The republican party ought to accept the gays rather than immediately drive them over to the other side. They could really use the votes.

Where do those insults come from though? The parents. They instill it in the kids.

Things like allowing gays to marry will help change that negative perception.

I think you're wrong about the adoption thing, but we'll just discuss marriage for now

Did you do everything your mother taught you? Of course not. Like I said, children are evil. I'll talk adoption with you. Tell me why I'm wrong

If gay marriage is legal and accepted, there is no reason for a child to think two same sex parents is something to insult. Yeah its different, but its no different than the one black kid in the white school. And thanks to racism being less of a deal parents aren't instilling that on their kids. And thanks to that the kids has no reason to insult a black kid just cuz he's black. I don't think this adopted kid will be so traumatized that it affects him just cuz his/her parents are gay.

A gay couple that is eligible for adoption are two loving, stable people with all the financials and what not in place. How is that worse than a foster home or a single parent household.

I'd like to see a studying showing gays are worse patents because they're gay. Preferably not from a religious group.

If gay marriage is legal and accepted, there is no reason for a child to think two same sex parents is something to insult. Yeah its different, but its no different than the one black kid in the white school. And thanks to racism being less of a deal parents aren't instilling that on their kids. And thanks to that the kids has no reason to insult a black kid just cuz he's black. I don't think this adopted kid will be so traumatized that it affects him just cuz his/her parents are gay.

A gay couple that is eligible for adoption are two loving, stable people with all the financials and what not in place. How is that worse than a foster home or a single parent household.

I'd like to see a studying showing gays are worse patents because they're gay. Preferably not from a religious group.

Just come out of the closet already 'woody'.

However, still, he supports that point far, far, far more legitimately than

you ever have in any thread, ever.

Think on that. And grow up, at least eventually.

I've explained that many times. And still, you gutless woodypeckerhead, you

never understand enough to read anyone's posts, You are the board's butt.

Also, I firmly believe that gay couples should not be allowed to adopt children. It could be mentally damaging to a child to not be raised around both a mother and a father; Not to mention the ridicule they would receive at school because let's face it.. children are evil. The way they treat each other can be downright evil at times because they don't know any better. I would hate for any child to have to endure hearing their parents called fags repeatedly.

Yeah I agree .

If they want to adopt let it be 12+year olds that can have a choice whether they want to go to a gay family or not.

Who gives a shit? There are a lot more pressing issues in this country other than this.

Same old same old

"It doesn't affect me so it doesnt after"

Again, someone just give a reason why gay marriage should be illegal?

Same old same old

"It doesn't affect me so it doesnt after"

Again, someone just give a reason why gay marriage should be illegal?

do you like watching guys fuck or something?

tell me how this is more important than say the top 10 topics in the political forum.

Archived