THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns Board Mock Draft

The Gipper

In my research on making this pick for the Bears I have found that they have more holes on their team than the Browns. There biggest need is on the offensive line, so I had my eye on Cooper, but Calfox got him ahead of me. So, they still have needs at offensive tackle, guard, te, wr, de, mlb.

But I also have to look at the best player available here with the #20 pick. I have been using as my scouting service the CBS Sports ratings, and all but one of their top 20 has been taken....and in fact, it is their no. 6 rated player. Thus, by many accounts I may be getting the steal of the draft here with my pick, i.e. the #6 talent at 20, and it fits an area of need:

With the 20th pick the Chicago Bears select Bjoern Werner DE FSU.

Typical Browns is on the clock for the Bengals.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my research on making this pick for the Bears I have found that they have more holes on their team than the Browns. There biggest need is on the offensive line, so I had my eye on Cooper, but Calfox got him ahead of me. So, they still have needs at offensive tackle, guard, te, wr, de, mlb.

But I also have to look at the best player available here with the #20 pick. I have been using as my scouting service the CBS Sports ratings, and all but one of their top 20 has been taken....and in fact, it is there no. 6 rated player. Thus, by many accounts I may be getting the steal of the draft here with my pick, i.e. the #6 talent at 20, and it fits an area of need:

With the 20th pick the Chicago Bears select Bjoern Werner DE FSU.

Typical Browns is on the clock for the Bengals.

thought about Him at 12. I really think miami is a first day mover especially if what was there in this mock

Yo, 24 hours is up... who's designated to make this next pick???

Yo, 24 hours is up... who's designated to make this next pick???

Time is up. I will make the pick. The Bengals primary needs are OL and RB as I see it. Thus:

With the 21st pick in the draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

DJ Fluker OT Alabama

Cysko Kid let his time lapse the last time he was on the clock. I will give him until later tonight to make his pick, as perhaps he had to work today.

I will give him until 11:00 p. m. tonight....but after that, if Comeonman is aboard he will be designated to make that pick.

So, come on Pancho, don't lose your spot.

After Cysko, or his replacement the order is:

Zombo for the Vikings

Cielo for the Colts

Zombo again for the Vikings

Don't know if I will be on later. If the kid doesn't get his pick in, St. Louis selects Eddie Lacy to replace Steven Jackson

It is now 9:00 AM, and the Cysko Kid again lost his slot, so I am accepting Comeonman's choice of Eddie Lacy.

That mean Zombo is on the clock for the Minnesota Vikings.

The Vikings really needed a Wide Receiver. Then they traded Percy Harvin, so now they HAVE to have a wide receiver.

There's a good one on the board, so they are snatching him.

With the 23rd pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Keenan Allen, WR, California.

Zombo Spielman, Minnesota Vikings GM

The Vikings really needed a Wide Receiver. Then they traded Percy Harvin, so now they HAVE to have a wide receiver.

There's a good one on the board, so they are snatching him.

With the 23rd pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Keenan Allen, WR, California.

Good player. That puts the guy that started this whole thing: Cielo on the clock for the Colts

Now that we've given Ponder another weapon, we've got to shore up that defensive line, so we are going to re-create the Williams Wall:

With the 25th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina.

Slim Dawg is on the clock for the Green Bay Packers with the #26 pick.

Following him for the rest of the First Round are:

Unsympathetic for the Houston Texans

Blizz22 for the Denver Broncos

Canton Mike for the Patriots

Represent for the Atlanta Falcons

PoeticG for the 49ers

MLD Woody for the Ravens.

While there is no trading of picks, there has been some talk of trading slots. As far as I am concerned that is fine if you all work it out between you.

Also, I will start a new thread for the second round.

This was a bit of a toughy. Theres plenty of great talent left at positions of need for G.B. With Eddie Lacy off the board, the biggest hole left IMO is the interior DL

With the 26th pick, the Green Bay Packers select, Johnathan Hankins DT, Ohio St.

What about the texans?

Houston Texans

The Texans do have many holes, which is why they have been destroyed in the second round of the playoffs the past couple of years.

One of those key holes is LB.. Brian Cushing was knocked out with a torn ACL, Barwin left in free agency, and the other ILB spot next to Cushing was never any good. Whitney Mercilus is a league-average player.

The other key need is WR.. Other than Andre Johnson, the Texans have had the Bill Simmons puu-puu platter of WR's since they came in the league. Also, it's not exactly a secret that the Texans offense broke down last year when Johnson was doubled because nobody else on the roster had the quickness to get open.

The Texans end that strategy by selecting Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee. After running the 40 in 4.44 seconds at the combine, scouts believe he's fully recovered from his ACL injury. He has the size and hands to work in the short to intermediate part of the field and the speed to get vertical.. more so than DeAndre Hopkins, the other option at this slot.

Houston Texans

The Texans do have many holes, which is why they have been destroyed in the second round of the playoffs the past couple of years.

One of those key holes is LB.. Brian Cushing was knocked out with a torn ACL, Barwin left in free agency, and the other ILB spot next to Cushing was never any good. Whitney Mercilus is a league-average player.

The other key need is WR.. Other than Andre Johnson, the Texans have had the Bill Simmons puu-puu platter of WR's since they came in the league. Also, it's not exactly a secret that the Texans offense broke down last year when Johnson was doubled because nobody else on the roster had the quickness to get open.

The Texans end that strategy by selecting Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee. After running the 40 in 4.44 seconds at the combine, scouts believe he's fully recovered from his ACL injury. He has the size and hands to work in the short to intermediate part of the field and the speed to get vertical.. more so than DeAndre Hopkins, the other option at this slot.

Interesting. A lot of evaluators put him as an end of the second round type talent. We'll see how it goes in the real draft.

A lot of evaluators

Gipper.. check those evaluations of Hunter after the combine. The second-round grade is only the case if you look at his performance during the beginning of the 2012 season. Hunter began to display the requisite explosiveness during the second half of the season - right around the 1yr+ mark after his ACL surgery. It's Hunter's rare combo of size [6'4, 200] and speed and agility and hands that puts him in the first round.

Makes you wonder what exactly was going on with UT the past couple years that they had Bray / Patterson / Hunter and did nothing.

Note that Woods/USC was a deep threat receiver before his ankle injury.. but both his combine and pro day workouts suggest that Woods' deep threat skills haven't returned. Hunter, however, did everything James Andrews told him to do.. and has made it back.

Damn, that was my pick- ugh. You're killing me Smalls. I think CB and OT were more of a need for the Falcons but I guess it's your call.

With the 31st pick of the Draft the San Francisco 49ers select... Matt Elam, Safety, Florida.

Archived