THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns Board Mock Draft

The Gipper

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had said 24 hours, but if I reduce it I think I should give fair warning of a couple of days or so.

By current rights, Brownsnmopar has until 3:30 today to make his pick. I may reduce it down after than just to keep things moving.

People have to work, people have to sleep.

It would be helpful if the first thread was updated with the selection, so someone can just check it to see if they are up to pick, rather than wading through all the comments (many of which are not pick related).

We can do that, although Zombo did it on a separate thread. But it would not hurt to be redundant in this case. On the message deal, I think that would probably be superfluous because they would have to log on to this site to see their messages, and if they are logging on they would probably just go to thread anyway.

Note: Original post edited with picks made.

We can do that, although Zombo did it on a separate thread. But it would not hurt to be redundant in this case. On the message deal, I think that would probably be superfluous because they would have to log on to this site to see their messages, and if they are logging on they would probably just go to thread anyway.

Note: Original post edited with picks made.

I thought you got an email when someone PM'd you, which would remind people to make their pick.

It depends on your account settings.. I received emails notifying me that I have new messages.

Control panel > Settings > Notification Options, down at the bottom if for all the private message settings you click on the "send email" option... you'll get an email if you get a private message. You can also set it to send you email when threads receive replies, etc.

So when a draft happens in the future i recommend the OP include a reminder to change the account settings..

I vote if you don't make your pick in 24 hours you forfeit your participation. Brownsnmopar is clearly not interested in making a selection.

Let's replace him.

As per what we agreed if a selection is not made within 24 hours either I or some designee will make the selection for the person. He has until 3:30 today. I have had Comeonman volunteer because he has no first round pick.

Anyone else interested?

As per what we agreed if a selection is not made within 24 hours either I or some designee will make the selection for the person. He has until 3:30 today. I have had Comeonman volunteer because he has no first round pick.

Anyone else interested?

Im on here all day and am up for 2 teams..

Buffalo Bills are on the clock, and with the 8th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select... Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

Buffalo Bills are on the clock, and with the 8th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select... Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

You were NOT the one whom I designated as the one to make the selection. I was giving the guy a few minutes leeway. As commissioner I may have wanted to make the choice myself, ya know.

Nevertheless, I will let it stand...on condition that you show you did your homework by justifying your reasoning for your pick.

(please do no jump the gun on me again).

JRB12711 is ON THE CLOCK for the New York Jets.

JRB will have til noon tomorrow to make his pick, othewise I will allow Comeonman to do it.

In case he does make his pick, following him are:

KentLife for the Titans, then

Utzie for the Chargers, then

CD115 for the Dolphins

You were NOT the one whom I designated as the one to make the selection. I was giving the guy a few minutes leeway. As commissioner I may have wanted to make the choice myself, ya know.

Nevertheless, I will let it stand...on condition that you show you did your homework by justifying your reasoning for your pick.

(please do no jump the gun on me again).

JRB12711 is ON THE CLOCK for the New York Jets.

JRB will have til noon tomorrow to make his pick, othewise I will allow Comeonman to do it.

In case he does make his pick, following him are:

KentLife for the Titans, then

Utzie for the Chargers, then

CD115 for the Dolphins

The Bills' pass rush ranked 18th in sacks in 2012. They signed Mario Williams last season as a big name free-agent, but haven't been able to attain the pass rush they were hoping for. With Ansah taking some of the focus off of Williams, this might be the ticket to getting to the Quarterback consistently.

Sorry Gipper for jumping the snap, I just figured everybody wanted to move along... I happened to be on and just threw that out there not knowing if it would stick or not.

ON THE CLOCK

So let it begin. Here is the order selected completely randomly except for the Steelers whom I have agreed to assign to the newbie njrp77). This was done completey randomly except for that one. Here is the order for ROUND ONE:

1. Chiefs: Macula31...Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

2. Jaguars: Tim Couch Pulls Out...Geno Smith QB West Virginia

3. Raiders: Gftchris...Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

4. Eagles: B86B...Dion Jordan LB Oregon

5. Lions: MMdsmusch...Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

6. Browns: Miktoxic...Dee Milliner CB Alabama

7. Cardinals: Royce Rolls...Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

8. Bills: PoeticG: Ezekial Ansah, DE BYU

[/s]9. Jets: JRB12711

10. Titans: KentLife

11. Chargers: Utzie

12. Dolphins: CD115

13. Bucs: Harry Buffalo

14. Panthers: Horseballs

15. Saints: MikeH

16. Rams: CyscoKid

17. Steelers njrp77

18. Cowboys: CalFox

19. Giants: The New23

20. Bears: The Gipper

21. Bengals: Typical Browns

22. Rams: Cysco Kid

23. Vikings: Zombo

24. Colts: Cielo

25. Vikings: Zombo

26. Packers: SlimDawg

27. Texans: Unsympathetic

28. Broncos: Blitzz2

29. Patriots: Canton Mike3

30. Falcons: Represent

31. 49ers: Poetic G

32. Ravens: MLDWoody

Regrets to Comeonman and TopDawg31. You will not play til round 2 as Comeonman has the Seahawks and TopDawg31 has the Redskins.

Macula31 is on the clock with the Chiefs selection. You may proceed with your choice.

(I do have funeral/client duties today, but I will check in)

I've been totally DISSED....and missed !?! what is up with that??? :unsure:

Dude, where have you been? You we're given 24 hours to make your pick and we've all been waiting. I made the pick since you weren't on, but since we've not moved on from that pick I think if you asked Gipper he might let you switch the card before the next GM picks. Good luck n sorry.

Mopar, are you there? I believe Gipper is in here as well... let's get this cleaned up!

Well, the Jets have a boatload of needs. Honestly they might have more holes than anyone in his entire draft. With Dion Jordon and Ansah off the board, I still think the Jets would go defense. Therefore, based on their biggest defensive need:

With the 9th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Jets select: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB Georgia

Archived