THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumor: Ryan Mallett To The Browns?

Kosar_For_President

Basically every team in that draft listed Gallery as the best prospect

Yep

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network tweeted today that the Patriots have agreed to a contract with offensive lineman Robert Gallery.

ESPNBoston.com has confirmed it's a one-year agreement in principle.

The agreement brings back memories of a news conference with Bill Belichick prior to the 2004 draft. At the news conference, Belichick was asked who he would select if he had the first overall draft choice.

His answer: Gallery.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4719385/robert-gallery-pats-o-line

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I hate to bust in on the awesome "argument" over Mallet, but I found this post interesting. If the NFL is so dark and people cover up so much shit, the Browns need a better cover up guy..... I mean an Aderol pill gets our best DB for four games, come on man

Lol! So true

I'd say at least half or the majority use peds, the rest use legal peds.

If you were an NFL player and you can get back on the field faster, and make more money for that reason, you would too. Being injured too long puts your career at risk.

I personally would only use peds that dont shrink my balls or cause balding.

• 4 weeks later...

Patriots have $48 Mil guaranteed in Brady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tom-brady-gets-220631346--nfl.html

Not that I would ever want Mallett ... but he's not really the "heir apprarent" in New England either.

At this point, he is just a guy.

A third round guy.

Zombo

Tom Brady still comes off as a douche, but you have to respect the guy with this new restructured contract. Sure he's still getting paid but he took some cuts so the Pats could have flexibility in likely re-signing Welkera and a few good defensive players. That's a guy who cares about the team and winning.

Patriots have $48 Mil guaranteed in Brady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tom-brady-gets-220631346--nfl.html

Not that I would ever want Mallett ... but he's not really the "heir apprarent" in New England either.

At this point, he is just a guy.

A third round guy.

Zombo

Well, to be sure he is their "backup" QB. And by all appearances if Brady were to go down, like he has before, Mallet would be THE guy to take his place. Let him stay in that position as far as I am concerned.

Tom Brady still comes off as a douche, but you have to respect the guy with this new restructured contract. Sure he's still getting paid but he took some cuts so the Pats could have flexibility in likely re-signing Welkera and a few good defensive players. That's a guy who cares about the team and winning.

Jesus, I wish I was as big a douche as he is. Good looking guy. Hot, rich, successful wife. Considered one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. Sure fire Hall of Famer. He really doesn't need the extra money.

Please, Buddha, let me be a douchebag on the order of Tom Brady in my next life.

Archived