THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumor: Ryan Mallett To The Browns?

Kosar_For_President

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think something will happen. Most people I'm sure felt like me when Weeden was drafted. It was a bad pick, and we probably will just have to let it go to waste. Don't think it will be mallet, but it will be someone else. It's a quarterback driven league, how many times do we hear that. The thing is IT IS TRUE. We will not be a playoff team until we have a solid quarterback. Who made the playoffs this year with a shit quarterback?

OK here is the list of QBs who could be our QB next year...

1. Ryan Mallet- Big arm, behinf Brady for 2 years. Pats want at least a 3rd rounder or better....Really Doubt he becomes a Brown

2. Matt Fylnn- After Seattle payed big bucks for him, he got beat by Wilson for the starting job. Seattle will not pay 8M for a back-up he will be traded or out right released. Fylnn is what the Browns want a strong armed QB who throws the ball downfield

3. Mike Vick- Really do think he re-signs with Philly now that Kelly is there

4. Brandon Weeden- We already know what he is about

5. Colt Mccoy-

6. Alex Smith- Dude was really bad before Harbaugh got there. Really think the Jags will OVERPAY for him.

I like Weeden, but would not be upset with Fylnn or Mallet. I really did like Mallet coming out of Ark. I really do think they Weeden can be a great QB.....

OK here is the list of QBs who could be our QB next year...

1. Ryan Mallet- Big arm, behinf Brady for 2 years. Pats want at least a 3rd rounder or better....Really Doubt he becomes a Brown

2. Matt Fylnn- After Seattle payed big bucks for him, he got beat by Wilson for the starting job. Seattle will not pay 8M for a back-up he will be traded or out right released. Fylnn is what the Browns want a strong armed QB who throws the ball downfield

I like Weeden, but would not be upset with Fylnn or Mallet. I really did like Mallet coming out of Ark. I really do think they Weeden can be a great QB.....

That's just not even accurate. Matt Flynn is known for NOT having a big arm,known as a west coast offense qb, and isnt good throwing the deep ball. He is very similar to McCoy actually.

Ryan Mallet? Who is to say he will be any better than what Weeden offers us? they guy has started what 4 games? and completed 1 pass? LOL. At least we got to see what Weeden brought to the table under an inept coach. His numbers weren't off the charts, but were Peytons in his 1st year?

I would rather save a pick, or whatever Cleveland might want to give up to bring a QB that has sat behind Brady, and a offense that probably will be considerably different to what they run over there in NE. Sorry not on the Mullet band wagon, unproven commodity.

We all saw how Cassel worked out with almost a season starting for NE. Why go down that same road.

To me, even if we HAD to change QBs now (we DON'T know whether or not we do), there seems to be a simple question here.....

Given Brady's advanced age & Mallett's youth, WHY would Belichek let him go IF he's the "heir apparent"?

MANY red flags here.

Mike

To me, even if we HAD to change QBs now (we DON'T know whether or not we do), there seems to be a simple question here.....

Given Brady's advanced age & Mallett's youth, WHY would Belichek let him go IF he's the "heir apparent"?

MANY red flags here.

Mike

Yup. Nailed it.

Not sure why this has 3 pages.

He is not worth the 6th overall pick period.

unless haslam wants lynched by a mob before the begining of the season this isnt going to happen.

I cant see haslam and banner making stupid moves like this,I think banner and haslam knows you make moves to move forward not sideways or backwards.

Not sure why this has 3 pages.

He is not worth the 6th overall pick period.

Meh depends on what we can get. I would give up the sixth overall pick for Mallett... Along with every one of New England's picks over the next 3 drafts. Nothing less though.

MANY red flags here.

Mike

Correct. BB could try to use Lombardi as his lap dog to dump his dregs off on us so that he could pick up multiple draft picks. He has done this before.

Oh yeah please elaborate. with a total of 4 passes and 1 int you can tell all that?

I wonder if he still likes the white stuff, maybe we can spring on a couple 8 balls for a signing bonus.

Well hes 5 years younger for 1. Mallett has had two years learning from the best in the game for 2. If we do trade for him, I would assume that Lombardi and his buddy Belichek had honest conversations about him long before Lombardi even thought hed work in the NFL again. Weedens biggest weakness's are the hardest ones to correct. Im not for bringing in Mallett but I will defend the idea of it, because I liked him coming out of Arkansas and think he can be great. We'll see what happens.

Umm....colt and quinn are also younger. Means nothing.

Matt cassel....remember him? Who'd he learn under?

Lets not get into the coke habit for now....nothing youve suggested is performance related....merely intangible speculation. Weeden has more staering experience, and rapport with current players. Yet, giving up resources for an unknown is logical to you.

Aye....

Like said before, the whole notion that backup QBs behind HOF QBs create HOF QBs is completely mythified. Look at Cassel, Flynn, etc.... Weeden is our best option at this point, and with the new, pro-field spreading offense Weeden can either show that he's worthy or a bust.

different scenario, Mallet was selected at the top of the third round, and many viewed hi as a first round talent who slid.

Weeden slipped due to age.....mallet slipped cause hes a coke head.

Whats the point? Still not better than weeden. Give me one decent QB tutored under brady that hasnt sucked?

Give me one quarteback that had all the tools that tutored under Brady. Just because some undrafted guys and some 6th and 7th round picks didnt go on to light the world on fire says nothing about Mallett. He got caught with coke one time when he was 21, and didnt even go to rehab. That was a red flag a draft time, not 3 years and no more incidents later.

Pats fan here, I'm hesitant about trading Mallet. I think in five years he will be the best QB in the NFL, I don't think BB will let him go even for the #6 pick.

Then you would have to agree with the proposition that if BB is willing to let him go, then that says that he ain't all that and the bag of chips you think he is, fair to say?

And that would be a big red flag.....like May Day in Moscow...to use Bill Parcells words.

Then you would have to agree with the proposition that if BB is willing to let him go, then that says that he ain't all that and the bag of chips you think he is, fair to say?

And that would be a big red flag.....like May Day in Moscow...to use Bill Parcells words.

No. For one reason, Brady has 3 years of football left in him and Mallett is going into the last year of his deal. Meaning if BB doesnt get something out of him now he loses him for nothing.

No. For one reason, Brady has 3 years of football left in him and Mallett is going into the last year of his deal. Meaning if BB doesnt get something out of him now he loses him for nothing.

or they extend his contract.

i agree with your thoughts about mallet. but i also agree we can't afford to be giving anything away this coming draft. if belichick is dangling the kid out there to be traded then we should take a look. if not give weeds another year, if weeden sucks azz again, then pick him up when he walks from NE.

with all the teams that need QBs, i doubt if he makes it past draft day w/o being traded. hell you got people looking at jamarcus russell.

then again maybe mallet is comfortable holding a clip board?

Ryan Mallet is a dumpster-water redneck. He doesn't deserve a second of thought, much less multiple pages of a thread.

I don't know who's worse: the person who came up with the dumb idea or the dumb people who keep entertaining it.

Not really sure why you hate the guy so much but it only makes you look bad. Not really sure what makes him a redneck either, was it where he played college ball? Hes originally from Texas, the same state 9 out of 32 NFL starters are from. Im really intrigued by him, and think he has a really good shot of being a good QB in this league.

mallethead%20coupon.jpg

Ryan Mallet is a dumpster-water redneck. He doesn't deserve a second of thought, much less multiple pages of a thread.

I don't know who's worse: the person who came up with the dumb idea or the dumb people who keep entertaining it.

Are you saying that he is a Mallethead? Maybe we can get him cheap? I wonder if the NFL has a coupon sale on backup QBs?

Archived