THE BROWNS BOARD

Candidates

The Gipper

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything I've read is saying both Haslam and Banner are in AZ to interview candidates. I haven't read anything specifically saying Haslam is in the interview but based on what little I know of the guy it seems highly unlikely he's not.

Thanks.

Today I am reading more that says Haslam is in the house.

Updated list of interviewees:

Ray Horton

Bill O'Brien

Ken Wisenhunt

Doug Marrone

Chip Kelly (tomorrow)

Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?

Mike McCoy

Kyle Shanahan

Others??

Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?

Updated list of interviewees:

Ray Horton

Bill O'Brien

Ken Wisenhunt

Doug Marrone

Chip Kelly (tomorrow)

Also, it was reported that Banner plans to interview more candidates after Kelly. Any guesses?

Mike McCoy

Kyle Shanahan

Others??

Or is that comment simply a smoke screen?

I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.

I believe it is important to do all this due diligence.....but lets face it, I don't think any decision will be made until next week AFTER they have had a chance to talk to Nick Saban after his bowl game.

Why they would want to talk to this shitbird is beyond me.

One perspective....

Why they would want to talk to this shitbird is beyond me.

One perspective....

Mandich really held back.

He's a hoot on radio down here in South Florida

Zombo

Mandich really held back.

He's a hoot on radio down here in South Florida

Zombo

I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.

If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.

I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.

After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.

I am sure he is just pissed that Saban left the Fins for what he thought were greener pastures. Nothing compared to what we have called some of our turncoats....see Modell, LeBron.

If Saban were to come here, face it...it would probably be for a fairly short run. Longer if he had some real success.

I will say this: If Saban were to come here the way he went to Alabama and won 3 titles in 4 years, I would be willing to say goodbye to him after the 4 years.

After all, he would then be 65 and of retirement age.

Jim Mandich passed away from cancer over a year ago.

I take it you are not giving Notre Dame much of a shot?

Zombo

No, no, actually I would prefer if ND would win. And I think they have a hell of a chance.....but then so does Alabama. I guess I would be somewhat satisfied if Saban took the Browns to 3 Super Bowls, winning 2.

Would you take that?

Status as I understand it on various coach searches:

Cardinals interviewing Lovie Smith, Todd Haley, Ray Horton

Bills interviewing Smith, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy OC of Broncos and Chip Kelly

Bears interviewing Bruce Arians, Mike Sullivan Buc OC, Keith Armstrong Falcons ST coach, Joe Camillis Cowboys ST coach

Chiefs have hired Reid and will likely bring Heckert in as GM

Eagles interviewing Kelly, Armstrong, McCoy and Mike Nolan

Chargers interviewing Lovie, Arians, Whisenhunt.

Where are the Grudens? either John or Jay. Cowher? Holmgren? Billick?

What about Brian Kelly? Les Miles?

Anyone else?

One guy I do not want at all is Whisenhunt. Why? 58-0.

Could you imagine the shit Shurmur would have gotten if he lost a game 58-0?

The Browns were not outscored by 58 points cumulatively until week 15, 17 if you take into account our wins.

Anyone else?

If the Browns lose out on Kelly (and I don't think they will, due to Banner being all palsy-walsy with Kelly's agent), my fall back plan would be Kyle Shanahan. I'm not particularly enamored of Saban- and if you read the undercurrent- Haslam & company are looking for a "long term solution"- which Nick most definitely is NOT. I doubt he'd be the type who would want to coach well into his seventies like Marv Levy.

PS regarding Holmgren- bah humbug. The guy already had one chance last year- with the Browns. He should have taken over when it was obvious his protege Shur-loss couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Cardinals interviewing Lovie Smith, Todd Haley, Ray Horton

Bills interviewing Smith, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy OC of Broncos and Chip Kelly

Bears interviewing Bruce Arians, Mike Sullivan Buc OC, Keith Armstrong Falcons ST coach, Joe Camillis Cowboys ST coach

Chiefs have hired Reid and will likely bring Heckert in as GM

Eagles interviewing Kelly, Armstrong, McCoy and Mike Nolan

Chargers interviewing Lovie, Arians, Whisenhunt.

Anyone else?

Billick has said repeatedly that he wants no part of going back to coaching. I'm surprised that Brian KElly hasn't gotten any attention or mentions. I'm sure we'll hear something from both Grudens once the Bengals are eliminated. I doubt that Cowher will ever come back to coaching. He's not that young anymore and he had his career. I wouldn't be shocked in Jon Gruden waits out another year and goes to Carolina when that job opens.

If the Browns lose out on Kelly (and I don't think they will, due to Banner being all palsy-walsy with Kelly's agent), my fall back plan would be Kyle Shanahan. I'm not particularly enamored of Saban- and if you read the undercurrent- Haslam & company are looking for a "long term solution"- which Nick most definitely is NOT. I doubt he'd be the type who would want to coach well into his seventies like Marv Levy.

PS regarding Holmgren- bah humbug. The guy already had one chance last year- with the Browns. He should have taken over when it was obvious his protege Shur-loss couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I absolutely, 100% AGREE!!

Holmgren is the LAST guy I would want.

Mike

Kyle Shanahan.......interesting

One guy who is a sleeper and I think is a fiery good defensive coach and is hungry is Mike Zimmer Bengals DC.

thank you sir. someone actually looking behind all the smoke and mirrors. i'd be behind that hire 1000%.

Archived