THE BROWNS BOARD

Age....music

miktoxic

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you guys are really showing your age ;)

I think there was a song called "tub thumping" by "chompawamba" or something like that :wacko: I don't know but it reminds me of the Browns... "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" ...that's my Brownies. :wub:

Some of you guys are really showing your age ;)

I think there was a song called "tub thumping" by "chompawamba" or something like that :wacko: I don't know but it reminds me of the Browns... "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" ...that's my Brownies. :wub:

That's right. We were around when music was great.....not like today so much.

Besides, I chose Northeast Ohio acts. Some has beens, some never was, some are, some never will be, some maybe someday.

Lil Bow Wow is from Columbus. I don't know how I remember that but he was just making a name for himself when I was living up in Ohio. I would look up a youtube clip but can't for the life of me think of a famous song of his. I've always been more into the acoustic/indie scene myself. I do dig some red dirt and classic rock from time to time as well.

Lil Bow Wow is from Columbus. I don't know how I remember that but he was just making a name for himself when I was living up in Ohio. I would look up a youtube clip but can't for the life of me think of a famous song of his. I've always been more into the acoustic/indie scene myself. I do dig some red dirt and classic rock from time to time as well.

I did not include acts in Columbus when I made my posts as it is not in NE Ohio....but that doesn't mean you cannot include Columbus acts. Perhaps I am not aware of them, but from my memory Columbus is kind of a wasteland when it comes to musical acts from there. Besides Dwight Yoakum and Rascall Flats and the mentioned Bow Wow, who else is from there? The Godz who sucked. Maybe there are new groups that I don't keep up with much.

I think Dayton had more musicians come from there than Columbus. The McCoys and various funk acts like The Ohio Players were from there.

Archived