THE BROWNS BOARD

We Should Have Kept Mangini And His System, Holmgren And Shurmer Suck

DieHardBrownsFan

im having a hard time taking u seriously...

great D? how is letting gore run for 100+ yards in a half a great D? gave up 17 points....in the first half. one was a short field....another was the longest possible field.

theyre doing OK, but hardly great. know why we're a top rated passing D? cause everyone runs all over us all day long...as well as facing some horrid passing offenses. next week will show u that...

the offense...that why i said chicken or the egg....is it the QB's inability to throw downfield or the OL's ability to block? probly both at the moment.....but having better protection is NOT gonna make colt suddenly be able to throw the long ball. its a physical limitation on the kid. he doesn't possess the arm. cribbs can outrun his flutterballs...speeds not gonna help either.

The line sucks, but McCoy sucks far worse.

I am sick of the excuses for him. I get that he is young but he has been awful.

If you put Rodgers, Brady, Berger, Peyton or Brees on this team we would be moving the ball.

great players overcome adversity.

As far as Shurmer, and H&H. Shurmer bit off more then he could chew. This was obvious from day 1. Rookie HC should not be a coordinator as well. Especially a rookie HC who had no business getting a HC job. Granted Shurmer did a good job helping a rookie QB along, but at the end of the day the Rams offense as a whole was very pedestrian. Obviously I don't blame Shurmer for this ... this is all on Walrus. Walrus has been around long enough to have known this guy couldn't handle both positions.

As far as Heckert.... I dont know how the hell anyone could complain about this guy after the 2 drafts we have had, and the third that he has lined up for us. He has had 6 first and second round picks in his 2 years and 4 out of the 6 look like very good players and potential pro bowlers. The other 2 are Little and Hardesty ... Little looks like he has a ton of potential and has made some really nice plays. Monatrio has looked decent so far but keep in mind it does take some time before he will get his full burst back from the injury sustained last season. With that being said ... I hope he uses our 2 first rounder and our second next year on a CB, OLB, and either OLB/DE. I feel like the way he has been drafting that will upgrade our defense from average to good ... and potentially be a yr away from having a really great D. (obviously we would also need to retain DQ)Please don't rebuttle this with you are suppose to hit in the first and second round ... because historically we haven't and over the last 2 years we have consistently. We had one of the top drafts each of the last 2 years.

^with ya all the way....and an OL with our second. tempted to go with a WR but really, colt will never have the arm to beat anyone passing. at best, he's a game manager. build a solid running game and great D and ask noodles to pass only when needed. get the QB and WRs in 2013

Wow. OK. Show me one team that has molded their O & D schemes around personnel and been successful LONG TERM. Successful teams do it the other way around, they pick players to fit their schemes; it takes a little time. Most importantly they don't listen to whiney bitches on message boards who can't wait more than 5 games (2 of which were wins) to start calling for a coach's head.

Get a grip. 3-4 isn't a terrible record unless you really expected the Browns to go to the playoffs. You really didn't think they would, did you?

It's worse than 99's team. We have more talent on this team that we may have ever had and we look as bad or worse than we ever have. It's aweful. Mangini made the hard decisions and got these guys playing like a family. Now, with better talent, they are being set up to fail and look like they just want to go home and sleep the season through. It's disgusting.

some of you need to get over yourself, your a joke.

I understand that everybody gets upset after a loss, so do I..

The truth is if we had a healthy Hillis and Hardesty its a different game.

Steinbach out really hurts our O-line, it is what it is...

Calling for Holmgren and Shurmer head is a joke, even thou I do not agree with our offense playcalling give it time.

Again I ask this quistion eveytime this comes up, you want Holmgren to go away. How would you replace him with??

You relize Holgren goes, so does Heckrett and Shurmer and Juron..So we start over again,then new FO comes in with there new system and we suck even longer than you will want them fired. Get over it.

I have idea, just jump off the Browns wagon and go to the Packers Bandwagon so you can stop Bitching....

We do need a right side of the line, we do need a QB( we will have Colt for at least 2 yrs, so get use to him) we do need a playmaker WR.

We better resign DQ the man is a beast!!!

We need a another CB....

On the Bright side Ohio State won, and my Fantasy team kicked as with Vick,MegaTron and Cincy Defense alone !!!!

Again I ask this quistion eveytime this comes up, you want Holmgren to go away. How would you replace him with??

You replace Holmgren with NO ONE!!! It's a joke position made by Bill Parcels for the Dolphins. How did that little experiment end up? The Dolphins are crap now.

I understand Lerner wanted a football "guru" to take oversight of the team, but his pick of Shurmur of being HC and OC coming from the shitty Rams OC alone made me question his decision making. Move crappy Shurmur to OC and get the Fat Walrus to HC and maybe we'll get some kind of improvement.

You relize Holgren goes, so does Heckrett and Shurmer and Juron..So we start over again,then new FO comes in with there new system and we suck even longer than you will want them fired. Get over it.

Take the who lot, except Heckert. He's the only bright spot of this current regime. Heckert looks like the golden child with his picks compared to Sewages. At least we're starting to get talent but we're still a long, LONG way to getting enough talent to build a playoff team.

The coaches can't even use the little talent we have effectively, which is something Mangini and Ryan did.

Two steps forward (drafting) two hundred steps back (coaching).

end rant...

Lets see

Ryans Defense last yr

Total Defense they were 22nd

Against the Pass 18th

Against the run 27th- remember when Ryan got here he said "we will stop the run in Cleveland"

Offense

Total Offense 29th

Passing 29th

Rushing 20th

So keeping Mangini would have done what???

This yr

Defense

Total 6th

Passing 2nd

Rushing 26th

Offense

Total 25th

Passing 20th

Rushing 29th

So stats do not lie, of course our defense will be better with Haden and Ward having a yr under their belt. Plus Taylor and Sheard getting drafted and DQ being healthy

Our offense is about the same, people think it was better because we ran Hillis all day. Shorten the clock and shorten the game. That just tells you how bad our defense was last yr when they were not on the field as much as they are this yr!!!!

SO Holmgrem deciced that we were going to draft a kick ass defense in his first 2 drafts..well you can mark that off the list of things todo...

Now the next draft what do think he will do, of course he will get playmakers on Offense. Why do you think he gave up Jones in the first round to add another pick in this yrs draft?? Because this yrs draft is LOADED WITH PLAYMAKERS EVERYWHERE.

I would love the Browns to take Blackman or Jefferies with there first pick and then take Burfict with the second pick in the first round. In the second they could take Toon out of Wisconsin, then third round get that little fast xxxxer out of Oregon...

you can not address both sides of the ball all in the same draft and hit on everyone of them!!!!

Our Front office took care of the defense, this offseason and draft they will take care of the offense...Come on people...

How does Ryans defense look in Dallas????

Pretty shitty last night. Yeah he really knows how to get the most out his players :lol:

I don't get the infatuation with him. The D sucked when he was here, not it looks respectable.

He's just another blowhard like his brother. They both boast and then proceed to get the shit kicked out of them.

The steelers draft offensive linemen. The ratbirds draft offensive linemen. And in the first rounds and after.

Meanwhile, here's the results of the Niners' games this season:

Sun 9/11Seattle Seahawks Seattle (0-0)W 33 - 17 Sounds like a bit of a blowout to me.Sun 9/18Dallas Cowboys Dallas (0-1)L 24 - 27Sun 9/25Cincinnati Bengals at Cincinnati (1-1)W 13 - 8Sun 10/2Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia (1-2)W 24 - 23Sun 10/9Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay (3-1)W 48 - 3 Sounds like a huge blowout to me.Sun 10/16Detroit Lions at Detroit (5-0)W 25 - 19ByeSun 10/30Cleveland Browns Cleveland (3-3)W 20 - 10

Now Cincy's on a helluva roll, and it was a low scoring game. Some of you need to stop whining about the defense - it's the best defense in a long time.

BTW, Alex Smith? The bust at qb? Totally worthless ? He looks like a different qb now. Now, why has he become a success? How about, they finished building most of their offensive linie, and drafted some serious weapons?

Sure, they've had weapons in the past. The oline was lacking. That's why the squeelers can win on offense with different rb's, and qb's.... the engine still gets the job done.

And the squeelers draft enough offensive linemen to have the depth they need. But the Browns just have had too many needs, they have needed to fix too many bad draft mistakes.

Takes more than one year. Some of you make it sound like the Browns get blasted 65-3 every week. I call baloney.

Ok dipshits. Didn't say I loved Ryan, but we had less defensive play makers last season and hell of a lot tougher schedule. We did better with less ALL AROUND last season.

you'll never change their minds. too deeply entrenched in the aura of 'the almighty holmgren'.

yeah if we had hillis. so we are like the indianopolis colts without manning? one guy is out and we turn to shit? what kind of 'good' do you see in that? these coaches aren't good enough to coach 'em up?

great logic.

Good QB's make a living making over aggressive blitzing defenses pay, its not the O-lines fault when they bring 8 guys everyplay. Until he proves he can pass the ball or make a play under duress the line will continue to have an impossible task.

This is a great comment. You watch guys like Brady, Rodgers, Manning under pressure and they make throws to guys who are not always OPEN and those receivers go to the ball and make plays... Or that ball is thrown where only the receiver can get it. I wonder if sometimes you guys watch other teams plays. Look at Andy Dalton, that guy can throw a football and has made some great downfield passes that didn't say Goodyear on the side of them. More and more, I don't see McCoy as being physically capable of playing in this league right now.

Now Cincy's on a helluva roll, and it was a low scoring game. Some of you need to stop whining about the defense - it's the best defense in a long time.

Cincy is a better team than the Browns right now. FACT. So agreed with you, bro.

BTW, Alex Smith? The bust at qb? Totally worthless ? He looks like a different qb now. Now, why has he become a success? How about, they finished building most of their offensive linie, and drafted some serious weapons?

They always had the weapons. What they got this year was a coach who is talented and is game planning to his teams strengths. Something that the Browns still lack if we look at our offense

Sure, they've had weapons in the past. The oline was lacking. That's why the squeelers can win on offense with different rb's, and qb's.... the engine still gets the job done.

The Steelers can win with different RB's WR's and QB's cos they have the same system and all/most of their RB's WR's and their QB is a playmaker.

And the squeelers draft enough offensive linemen to have the depth they need. But the Browns just have had too many needs, they have needed to fix too many bad draft mistakes.

Takes more than one year. Some of you make it sound like the Browns get blasted 65-3 every week. I call baloney.

It can take multiple years but a decade is really pathetic for a sport that gives all teams parity.

Archived