THE BROWNS BOARD

Problem Is Not Receivers It's Mccoy

laxxie

As long has he plays for this abortion of an NFL franchise, you're right!

It has nothing to do with the franchise idiot. It has to do with the people running it and playing for it. I do not believe it is a very well coached franchise at this moment....but then, Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll had a couple of 2-14 seasons. So it may take a couple of years. And the players are not executing very well. McCoy IS missing receivers and throwing into a lot of double coverage. He has to do a better job.

The truth is the state he needs to worry about is not Texas, but Montana. The model for him to emulate is Mr. Montana. Same approximate height, build, arm strength, etc.

If Shurmur is going to be the professorial type ala Bill Walsh, then McCoy needs to be the precisionist like Montana was. Colt needs to play better.

(FYI, this franchise has more championships than any other except the Packers and Bears).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIM couch was good. Flame away, he was good and we ruined him just like well ruin colt. If Andrew luck showed up here he'd be Andrew unluck in two seasons.

No..Tim was bad, and wouldn't have been good in any situation. I really thought he was going to be great, but he never had the ability to hit a receiver in stride, or read a defense. He definitely had a lot of guts and took a lot of crap from the fans....some deserved, some not. He tried out for other teams after he left, but never was seriously considered as a starter. Yeah....you can blame the Browns for "ruining him", but I don't see it that way.

No..Tim was bad, and wouldn't have been good in any situation. I really thought he was going to be great, but he never had the ability to hit a receiver in stride, or read a defense. He definitely had a lot of guts and took a lot of crap from the fans....some deserved, some not. He tried out for other teams after he left, but never was seriously considered as a starter. Yeah....you can blame the Browns for "ruining him", but I don't see it that way.

OK, well, you would be wrong. Don't feel bad. We are all occasionally wrong.

He looked like Brady McFrye yesterday, constanly a second late with his throw and throwing behind his receivers. Disappointing effort, but I'm giving him all season.

Zombo

I agree Colt had a bad game yesterday, but you can't pin that loss on him. The Goat Horns go to the UnSpecial Teams.

I loved the way they flagged Patterson for an interference, but with the game on the line after the onside kick the Refs swallowed the whistles and let the Raiders DBs mug the Browns wideouts.

Gips-you are more than likely one of the smarter Browns fan on this board, I almost never dis agree with what you say.

Colt Mccoy, yep was outstanding in Collage, but its the NFL different world. I wish he would be great, but hes not he is just that good.

His arm strenth is not great, but if you could the ball anywhere you want, then we wouldnt even talk about his arm. He makes bad choses thru out the game. His wide-oute WERE OPEN AGAINST THE RAIDERS AND HE COULDNT GET THEM THE BALL!!!!

Also, I love Cribbs, he was pissed after the game, wants to be put back on all special teams. He said, Im a vet I will just do it, and the coaches will figure it out....Sounds lie the coaching staff is not winning over the players

OK, well, you would be wrong. Don't feel bad. We are all occasionally wrong.

Lol!...Don't worry....I don't feel bad at all.....Tim and I both know I'm right. You, on the other hand, are wrong.....again.

Carlos knows nothing outside of what he sees in Madden. Pay no attention to him.

lol oh yeah and whats your expertise? play college ball? play HS ball?

nah...i bet carlos sucks in madden as well. he's just a mcfrye homer/apologist. would he even be here if his love interest noodles wasn't drafted by us?

I honestly prolly wouldn't be on this board if McCoy wasn't yalls QB. I never grew up a Browns fan, I am from Texas and so I follow my teams here in the state of Texas, but I do like the way McCoy plays the game and so when yall drafted him, I started following yall. . .as of last year. Ive been amazed at how more than 50% of the fans on this board are so quick to toss him under the bus when he has a bad game. But I guess thats what a losing tradition will do to a fanbase. As for football, I'd love to watch half of you try to put pads on and play the game. My bet is half of you talking shit about me are grossly out of shape.

I honestly prolly wouldn't be on this board if McCoy wasn't yalls QB. I never grew up a Browns fan, I am from Texas and so I follow my teams here in the state of Texas, but I do like the way McCoy plays the game and so when yall drafted him, I started following yall. . .as of last year. Ive been amazed at how more than 50% of the fans on this board are so quick to toss him under the bus when he has a bad game. But I guess thats what a losing tradition will do to a fanbase. As for football, I'd love to watch half of you try to put pads on and play the game. My bet is half of you talking shit about me are grossly out of shape.

Lame.

Archived