THE BROWNS BOARD

Problem Is Not Receivers It's Mccoy

laxxie

(WillnAustin) Also? If Colt can't throw the ball, then why does he lead the NCAA in all-time completion percentage?

(King Ghoolie) Bernie Kosar was deadly accurate, too. Why, because he threw for 3 yards on 3d and 11. McCoy is Noodles. ON that we all have to agree.

Ghoolie, I am going to disagree...sort of.

First, Colt McCoy had the highest completion pct in college because of the offense that he ran. Yes, he had the precision but it's much easier to be precise on a slant to Quan Cosby in the Fiesta Bowl than a 20 yard deep out.

Second, I don't completely buy the notion that McCoy has a "noodle" arm. His velocity is much better than a Chad Pennington who played for many years because he made up for his lack of arm strength with other traits. McCoy doesn't have a CONSISTENTLY strong arm. That I will grant you. At least once a game however, I think he has been able to (with proper mechanics) drive the ball down the field. Am I the only one who remembers #10 trying throw downfield in 2009 only to see the damned ball go out of bounds because he couldn't keep it in the field of play? I think Colt is a step above that. If Colt McCoy fails in the NFL it will not be because of arm strength. Right now, it seems to me that he's struggling with what he's seeing on the field. His release is quick but he's hesitating which, to me, means that he's not comfortable in the offense.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you read what you just wrote? Colt's arm is why he is pressured so much? That is ludicrous and laughable. If he is getting pressured it is because his line is not protecting. It doesn't matter how strong an arm he has.

The problem with this offense is not Colt McCoy. He is not perfect, but he is not the major problem.

Having a Browns QB throw 61 times in a game is the problem. That should never happen. Even in the NWCO the QB should only be throwing at most 30-35 times a game.

Colts problems are totally correctable. 1. He sometimes seems to throw late 2. He sometime throws too much into traffic. The latter problem may be because no one can get open.

The #1 and #2 most blitzed QB's in the league right now are Drew Brees and Mike Vick. Both short and one doesn't have a all world canon. Colt's both short and weak armed.....coincidence?

You people knocking McCoy are flat-out wrong.

The Browns O-line SUCKS. Get over it. The Browns have 2 first-rounders and 3 players who won't start at any other team in the league -- and the reason McCoy doesn't feel confident is because he shouldn't be. He will get leveled if he doesn't get rid of the ball in 2 seconds.. because the O-line can't block anyone.

This isn't random theory, this is objective fact. Go to NFL.com and look at the stats for the O-line.. the Browns O-line is not good.

Funny thread, throw the QB under the bus, when he has nothing to make plays...............Classic Cleveland for 20 years ............and then go woof woof

classic cleveland that you continue to follow and knock on this door when it's beneficial to you to either throw a dig at somone or some comment or to become queen of the browns parade for a day.

how about this: why don't you go fxk yourself? literally. sure you've got a couple of friends still on this board but when i say a couple...i mean a couple. you could disappear tomorrow and nobody would know or give a fxxk. you are obviously a one-way, selfish piece of shit whose family is praying you'll 'get lost in the woods' one day.

how many other teams' forums are you on professing to be a fan of their team only to reveal your ugly fat polish bald head underneath a mask of mitt romney?

GO FXXK YOURSELF X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, or infinity!!!!

You people knocking McCoy are flat-out wrong.

The Browns O-line SUCKS. Get over it. The Browns have 2 first-rounders and 3 players who won't start at any other team in the league -- and the reason McCoy doesn't feel confident is because he shouldn't be. He will get leveled if he doesn't get rid of the ball in 2 seconds.. because the O-line can't block anyone.

This isn't random theory, this is objective fact. Go to NFL.com and look at the stats for the O-line.. the Browns O-line is not good.

Objective fact? Really??? In those stats for the O-line does it say how long Colt holds onto the ball? Or that he only throws 5 yards down field, or that he's afraid to stand in the pocket????? Make some plays down field and you won't have 8 guys rushing every play....We have a top 10 offensive line in the league, but when there's no threat to throw the ball, there gonna play the run and blitz the hell outta you. A good QB takes advantage of a blitz happy D and give's his receivers a chance downfield. Colt's scrambles outside and throws 2 yards past the line of scrimmage to a RB

please stop talking about your little noodle

its game time

drinking game....taking shots everytime our WR's cant get open down field

and yes looks like i wont be able to drive anywhere tonite

yeah and who's buying the booze, the homeless guy on the skids outside the liquor store? cuz god knows you're not old enough. take it eeeeaaaazzzzyyyy slugger.

"We have a top 10 offensive line in the league"

We have one of the top 10 worst offensive lines in the league. Mack is out today, so our line is one first-rounder and four scrubs who wouldn't start for anyone else.

What makes you presume MoMass ran the correct route? What makes you presume any receiver noticed the blitz and broke the assigned route off? What makes you assume that, even if a receiver noticed the blitz, that the hot route they switched to.. was run into an open space?

You're still wrong. But keep posting, you're very intimidating!

"We have a top 10 offensive line in the league"

We have one of the top 10 worst offensive lines in the league. Mack is out today, so our line is one first-rounder and four scrubs who wouldn't start for anyone else.

What makes you presume MoMass ran the correct route? What makes you presume any receiver noticed the blitz and broke the assigned route off? What makes you assume that, even if a receiver noticed the blitz, that the hot route they switched to.. was run into an open space?

You're still wrong. But keep posting, you're very intimidating!

LOL Macks playing....... and to the rest.....Ohh Lord LMFAO your probably right :wacko:

Lets just hope noodles starts pulling the trigger

noodles has pulled the trigger and more than once put the ball directly on the reciever just to have them drop it on man coverage. you have to win those matchups

im talking about short/intermediate throws on out routes or just little curl patterns. cribbs had the ball put a little high but it was in his hands. the long ball was on the money too and the receiver had space on his man.

He's diffenently pulled the trigger on the deep ball, but I wouldn't say he put any directly on any receiver, one was close just a little over thrown. If only we played in 80 degree sunny Cali weather every week

it has nothing to do with the weather it has to do with your receivers not coming down with catches.

Are all yall watching the kind of pocket that McCoy has to work with? You can see why its hard to find rhythm. No excuses, but its not all your QBs fault. There are a lot of factors going against a successful passing game.

Passing games looked better, probably because of a combination of stretching the field more, Little getting more reps and the weather. At the beginning of the game they were rushing atleast 6 every down, then we started throwing down field and they backed off...Even though we didn't complete one, you still have to atleast make them think its a threat. He didn't do that in previous games, its good he's making an effort. He has to be able to do it in cold weather consistently too though, thats when most of our games are played.

Carlos...all you have are excuses. If noodles has to have a perfect cockpit to succeed, he needs to go.

Every pass...even the rd with Boone within 10 yards of him.....are off his back foot.

cool story bro

im talking about short/intermediate throws on out routes or just little curl patterns. cribbs had the ball put a little high but it was in his hands. the long ball was on the money too and the receiver had space on his man.

are you watching the game or pickin tomatoes?

If the receiver had space on his man and the ball was on the money then who's fault was it? The receiver dove for the ball and still didn't get a had on it but the ball was on the money? I don't understand?

recievers

Archived