THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agents

jake24

Free Agents  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Free agent will have the most success with the browns?

• Brandon Jackson
    • Usama Young
    • Other

Obviously 5"8' is an exaggeration.....I guess with you I can agree to disagree....and if you think our WR core is sufficent and we need no help in that area then lol im just done discussing this with you....it's a new age out there get outta the 70's n 80's...bigger faster stronger is what we need.....and BTW watch Mike n Mike in the morning the other day: said the same thing "how dissapointing it is to us browns fans that our org didnt go out and get us some help at that position"

You know what, if they were going to go and get a WR in FA then they would not have DRAFTED A WR HIGH! Little was drafted for a reason, big strong and good YAC ability, i.e. your home run hitter. You still bitching about FA WR's when A) we already pointed out that none of the available FA WR's would have made any kind of difference. You want a play maker for the offense? How about Cribbs, how about Hillis, how about xxxxing Colt McCoy.

Also if you think Brady couldn't throw to our current group of WR's then you are stupid. Brady is better than Manning and Manning managed to grab a WR off the street half way through each season and turn him into a freakin star.

We can beat this damn dog all day, but the fact remains that bringing in a old WR who is past his prime and just a few years away from retiring wouldn't have done ANYTHING for our team and more than likely would have ended up hurting our team.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, if they were going to go and get a WR in FA then they would not have DRAFTED A WR HIGH! Little was drafted for a reason, big strong and good YAC ability, i.e. your home run hitter. You still bitching about FA WR's when A) we already pointed out that none of the available FA WR's would have made any kind of difference. You want a play maker for the offense? How about Cribbs, how about Hillis, how about xxxxing Colt McCoy.

Also if you think Brady couldn't throw to our current group of WR's then you are stupid. Brady is better than Manning and Manning managed to grab a WR off the street half way through each season and turn him into a freakin star.

We can beat this damn dog all day, but the fact remains that bringing in a old WR who is past his prime and just a few years away from retiring wouldn't have done ANYTHING for our team and more than likely would have ended up hurting our team.

lol this is funny.....i totally agree bringing in an old WR and over paying him is a terrible thing to do......good job captian obvious..those words never came outta my mouth....but what did...just to recap for you is: bring in a playmaker on offense to help us

P.S. Julio Jones looks like a freaking monster out there so far in camp in preseason

LETS GO HILLIS

HILLIS OUTTA THE BACKFIELD

HILLIS OVER THE MIDDLE

HILLIS ON CHECK DOWNS

Jake24 I agree with you 100%. I think some of these people who post here must be relatives or friends of heckert.. or they drank the kool aid..

Its shocking to think that our organization can't see how bad our wr core is. They keep on waiting for robiske or momass to break out and cribbs at best should be a 4th wr on a team. Last year I cried for us to do anything, trade of boldin, brandon marshal anyone and everyone said we didn't need them.

I don't see how being 24 million under the cap sends a positive message to fans or future free agents. No one here is saying to sign randy moss or terrel owens, but hell malcolm floyd or steve breaston would have be an upgrade.

Syndey rice??

The only move I liked was not bringing back chancey stuckey, the only guy in the league who would always get tackled a yard short of a first down.

we know. i know. but i would think that the whole FA thing with us is over for this year so what good is bitchin gonna do about it now? sooner or later you gotta realize when you lost a battle but don't overlook the war.

hell i've been waiting for macarthur to return since that fxxking playoff loss to the raiders. i found out they lost at the airport by having dave logan sign a napkin a lounge in hopkins on my way to bootcamp. 30+ years of seeing what's going on with this team. hey maybe they can get us a trophy before we all kick the bucket....imagine that.

Jake24 I agree with you 100%. I think some of these people who post here must be relatives or friends of heckert.. or they drank the kool aid..

Its shocking to think that our organization can't see how bad our wr core is. They keep on waiting for robiske or momass to break out and cribbs at best should be a 4th wr on a team. Last year I cried for us to do anything, trade of boldin, brandon marshal anyone and everyone said we didn't need them.

I don't see how being 24 million under the cap sends a positive message to fans or future free agents. No one here is saying to sign randy moss or terrel owens, but hell malcolm floyd or steve breaston would have be an upgrade.

Syndey rice??

The only move I liked was not bringing back chancey stuckey, the only guy in the league who would always get tackled a yard short of a first down.

Absolutely. I just love how people twist your words just for the sake of arguing. All I hear is "oh TO and Moss would be terrible you dont know what your talking about" but like you said nobody has even said that. Seriously its beyond me how a cleveland browns fan can sit here and not agree with us. I can't figure it out...%80 of people in this post don't think we could use a FA WR playmaker. I mean they didnt have to be the highest paid or the biggest name on the market, but come on gives us something, give Colt anything. And yeah Cribbs wouldnt be on the field at WR but cause ours are so bad hes a go to target.

Some people are just brainwashed to the "rebuilding" excuses we hear every year.

Couldnt agree more....its soooo frustrating to watch our 5"8' WRs getting smoothered all the way down the field...

Brian Robiskie- 6'3" 209 lbs.

Mohamed Massaquoi- 6'2" 204 lbs.

Greg Little- 6'3" 231 lbs.

Josh Cribbs- 6'1" 215 lbs.

Evan Moore- 6'6" 255 lbs.

Carlton Mitchell- 6'4" 212 lbs.

L.J. Castile- 6'3" 223 lbs.

Johnathan Haggerty- 6'1" 195 lbs.

Chris Matthews- 6'5" 218 lbs.

Juan Nunez- 6'1" 183 lbs.

Demetrius Williams- 6'2" 202 lbs.

Rod Windsor- 6'2" 205 lbs.

FAIL.

Unless you're talking about Jordan Norwood, the 5'9" 179 lb returner/receiver who had a solid preseason performance. In that case...also FAIL.

There's a difference in being "smoothered" and being asked to run predictable shitty routes. It's easy for a corner to press a guy at the line when he never has to worry about the guy running a 9 and burning him. I almost miss the days of having the Air Chud offense because at least there was a slight downfield threat. In the Daboll offense, it seemed every receiver was asked to stick to the bottom of the route tree. In any case, the deep routes never had time to develop because the right side of the offensive line was godawful and gave our QB's no time.

This isn't Madden. You can't just plug a guy in there because he's a 99 and expect him to burn everyone on every play.

lol this is funny.....i totally agree bringing in an old WR and over paying him is a terrible thing to do......good job captian obvious..those words never came outta my mouth....but what did...just to recap for you is: bring in a playmaker on offense to help us

Okay, I'll bite. Which "playmaker" would you have us go get? By all means, explain what you would have done. Contract terms, incentives, who you'd trade.

The ball is in your court.

Okay, I'll bite. Which "playmaker" would you have us go get? By all means, explain what you would have done. Contract terms, incentives, who you'd trade.

The ball is in your court.

How about Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, James Jones, Steven Breaston, Santana Moss, theres soo many WR's that were out there who could come in and make plays for us out there. I wasnt hoping for much but just somebody to come in and spark our offense. Is that really too much. How could you not want to see Colt Mccoy get some help? Are you a St**l*rs Fan or something??????????

Brian Robiskie- 6'3" 209 lbs.

Mohamed Massaquoi- 6'2" 204 lbs.

Greg Little- 6'3" 231 lbs.

Josh Cribbs- 6'1" 215 lbs.

Evan Moore- 6'6" 255 lbs.

Carlton Mitchell- 6'4" 212 lbs.

L.J. Castile- 6'3" 223 lbs.

Johnathan Haggerty- 6'1" 195 lbs.

Chris Matthews- 6'5" 218 lbs.

Juan Nunez- 6'1" 183 lbs.

Demetrius Williams- 6'2" 202 lbs.

Rod Windsor- 6'2" 205 lbs.

FAIL.

Unless you're talking about Jordan Norwood, the 5'9" 179 lb returner/receiver who had a solid preseason performance. In that case...also FAIL.

There's a difference in being "smoothered" and being asked to run predictable shitty routes. It's easy for a corner to press a guy at the line when he never has to worry about the guy running a 9 and burning him. I almost miss the days of having the Air Chud offense because at least there was a slight downfield threat. In the Daboll offense, it seemed every receiver was asked to stick to the bottom of the route tree. In any case, the deep routes never had time to develop because the right side of the offensive line was godawful and gave our QB's no time.

This isn't Madden. You can't just plug a guy in there because he's a 99 and expect him to burn everyone on every play.

Again CALM DOWN KILLER if you woulda kept reading, you woulda seen that I SAID that was just an exaggeration

You must love losing

Jake, all your posts have been nothing but opinions. All those WR's you posted earlier we had no chance to get. I think the really huge part of the equation that you and people like you fail to realize is that getting FA's isn't as easy for a traditionally bad team like the Browns. People think if we just throw money at these guys they would come to Cleveland, I wish it was that simple. Secondly, and way more importantly, as I stated before there's literally no point in signing FA's until around 75 to 80 percent of the team is filled with DRAFTED players. We're not close to that at all, maybe if this draft class is solid it's going to be around 11 players on the field. What happens when you sign FA's before you're core nucleus of talent is draft picks is bad drafts. Trust me, bad drafts lead to crap teams no matter how good they are at the time. as for the WR's, have you never heard of the 3 year rule? I will give it to you, I don't Robo and MoMass are going to be factors. But this is the year they will or will not prove it.

Look man, I know it's tough because we've been constantly re-building since we got the team back. But you have to understand that up till last year we've had crap FO men, crap coaches and crap talent evaluators. These guys we have now simply know football, and about 2 million times more about picking up FA's and drafting players than you ever will. If anything, this is the time when you have to understand we need to build through the draft. That's clearly the mantra of the NFL.

Jake, all your posts have been nothing but opinions. All those WR's you posted earlier we had no chance to get. I think the really huge part of the equation that you and people like you fail to realize is that getting FA's isn't as easy for a traditionally bad team like the Browns. People think if we just throw money at these guys they would come to Cleveland, I wish it was that simple. Secondly, and way more importantly, as I stated before there's literally no point in signing FA's until around 75 to 80 percent of the team is filled with DRAFTED players. We're not close to that at all, maybe if this draft class is solid it's going to be around 11 players on the field. What happens when you sign FA's before you're core nucleus of talent is draft picks is bad drafts. Trust me, bad drafts lead to crap teams no matter how good they are at the time. as for the WR's, have you never heard of the 3 year rule? I will give it to you, I don't Robo and MoMass are going to be factors. But this is the year they will or will not prove it.

Look man, I know it's tough because we've been constantly re-building since we got the team back. But you have to understand that up till last year we've had crap FO men, crap coaches and crap talent evaluators. These guys we have now simply know football, and about 2 million times more about picking up FA's and drafting players than you ever will. If anything, this is the time when you have to understand we need to build through the draft. That's clearly the mantra of the NFL.

I understand...I agree in building through draft picks %100 and in my original post i posed the question maybe which i think has a lot to do with it: is typically i dont think guys want to come to cleveland and play football. Maybe we did go out and try to spend some money for a few playmakers and likely they said they werent interested? I dunno...thats why i asked

You must love losing

dude you've got 22 posts on this forum and have come in and called 1/2 the most respected people on the board assholes. o.k. not literally but WTF? we get it. you don't like it that we didn't pick up a FA wr. get over it. either that or send your resume in to lerner and maybe he'll hire you to do something that is so obviously not being done per your posts.

oh BTW even though i love the guy as a member of this board, tying your wagon hitch up with WRREBEL is not such a good idea. soon you'll be hanging out at the rawhide suxxing cxxk for another pina colada. just saying.

other than steeler trolls and the occasional fan from another team we have played 100% of the people on this board want THIS TEAM TO WIN. period. whatever it takes. if a coach and their system doesn't work out we'll run them out. but give the guys a chance. believe me if this shit ain't working after next year with a stronger schedule i'm sure we'll be playing, then gather them all up and get 'em the fxxk out and i'll lead the exit parade.

I don't even think we were looking at WR free agents, and rightly so. Robiskie was coming on strong last year, finaly getting it. Momass will be a talented 3rd guy if Little works out as a #1. Cribbs gets more comfortable with position every year. We've got size, youth, talent, hans, and now some real YAC at the position with Little.

Plus at tight end we have Watson and Moore who are both really good receivers. Plus drafted Cameron.

Why bring in a veteran when we have so much potential talent under contract.

We are thinner at OL, DL, LB and DB than we are at WR, why all the fretting about wr FAs?

Looking forward to the Fantasy Football....thanks again for the invite man

In my original post i mentioned WR and LB....the topic just swayed to WR dominantly for some reason.......I just think adding some talented guys at those position would make us consideribly better....We coulda got some very good talent for a good price with some of the FA out there thats all

jake just wait until week 6 when all these same people who either be hiding or claiming they also wanted us to sign a WR.

The bull poop excuse is we couldnt get one to sign is dumb.. We are 24 million under the cap.. Again we cant roll the money over to next year so tell me. Are they going to give us fluffers at the game this year?

Fans should be pissed and those who think are holding out hopes that robo and momass will be our savior, good luck!

Mark my words Robo will be out of the NFL in two years..

For everybody begging for the FO to bring in a playmaking WR this year. Did we not draft Little? A playmaking receiver built perfectly for the WCO who has first round talent but slipped to the second due to his suspension and diva attitude?

WR is arguably the hardest position to come in and play as a rookie on a normal timetable, nevermind with as little preparation time as he's had due to the lockout. He's played 1 pre-season game and looked pretty damn good. To expect #1 receive type numbers this year is a longshot, but there is no denying this kid will be a very good NFL WR

The last guy who had first round talent and sat out one year mike williams.

Little didn't play ball for a year. I want the kid to be a stud, but I wouldn't count on that much production from him..

Listen I have been playing madden for over a decade so I know a thing or two about developing wrs

just wait until week 6 when all these same people who either be hiding or claiming they also wanted us to sign a WR.

ok, yeah. but what if the players (wr) do at least an o.k. job? i mean we're in these games and win a bunch because of who we have right now? then what? i mean will you be 'hiding' as to not come here and say you might have over-reacted a little bit?

hey i'd love to have a larry fitzgerald or a calvin johnson but they weren't there and we were not in a position to go 'all-in' on an offensive play-maker with all the other holes on this team.

let's let the evaluators evaluate this year and see what comes of it. what one more year in about fifty and it's gonna hurt?

How about Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, James Jones, Steven Breaston, Santana Moss, theres soo many WR's that were out there who could come in and make plays for us out there. I wasnt hoping for much but just somebody to come in and spark our offense. Is that really too much. How could you not want to see Colt Mccoy get some help? Are you a St**l*rs Fan or something??????????

No I'm not a Steelers fan, but you need to do your homework before you go spouting off and do at least 10 minutes of research before you start naming names. Sorry but from my viewpoint, you're trying to defend an indefensible position- in that there were no REASONABLY PRICED LONG TERM WR upgrades that would have considered playing for the Browns, and if you want to extend that to LBs or CB yeah, let's give Nnamdi $60 million (to play in Cleveland it would have had to have been more like $75 million) by God.

OK, how 'bout Sidney Rice $8 million a year, and went to a potential playoff contender. Or. Malcom Floyd about as good as our Ben Watson ditto that for James Jones Gee, he only got $3 million a year- damn shame. Hey Jake you watched film on him? H&H did.

Breaston? You think playing next to the constantly double teamed Larry Fitzgerald didn't help his mediocre Steve Breaston stats? ONE TD? Wow, there's production for ya- and PS- he went to KC to be reunited with a former coach, so the Browns had zero shot at him anyway.

Moss? Santana Moss is 32 years old, doesn't fit a rebuilding teams profile, and is getting $10 million this year. P-A-S-S

jake just wait until week 6 when all these same people who either be hiding or claiming they also wanted us to sign a WR.

The bull poop excuse is we couldnt get one to sign is dumb.. We are 24 million under the cap.. Again we cant roll the money over to next year so tell me. Are they going to give us fluffers at the game this year?

Fans should be pissed and those who think are holding out hopes that robo and momass will be our savior, good luck!

Mark my words Robo will be out of the NFL in two years..

Little will be a producer. Maybe not in yr. 1 but even Jerry Rice took a year to get rolling. Mark your words Robo out of the NFL in 2 years? Doubt it but even if your right that'll give him a 5 yr. career in the league. Respectable.

Jake quit back tracking and blaming the readers of your post of misunderstanding yo or overreacting.

Looking forward to the Fantasy Football....thanks again for the invite man

In my original post i mentioned WR and LB....the topic just swayed to WR dominantly for some reason.......I just think adding some talented guys at those position would make us consideribly better....We coulda got some very good talent for a good price with some of the FA out there thats all

It moved to WR because you kept complaining about needing a play making WR on offense. And I know this line has been beaten like a red headed step child but FA's DON"T WANT TO COME HERE! "We coulda got some very good talent for a good price with some of the FA out there thats all" BULLSHIT. Try average talent for a high price! The only reason we got Fujitta last year was because he likes signing for rebuilding team and the only reason we got Watson was because we over paid for him and the only reason the FO spent for these guys is because the team needed some SMART veteran leadership (Fujitta and Watson being the the smartest people at their positions in the NFL).

Here's a good article on this subject please check this out

http://forum.walterfootball.com/showthread.php?18591-Which-team-has-the-WORST-WR-corps-in-the-NFL/page5

----what a double play to end the 11th--------

A site ran by one man who literally doesn't do anything but look at fantasy value. I like his site because he is on the money with his mock drafts but his analyse is for shit. Plus that isn't an article it's a poll that was held after Robo and MoMass' first xxxxing season, hell it has Mike Furry listed as the 3rd god damn WR. In case you didn't notice we are heading into their 3rd year (break out year for most WR's) and are moving a system that highlights the strengths of our WR's.

Here's what I believe and lets try to put this to rest cuz some of you guys piss me the F*** off, I have a big family and we have gone back n forth about this almost everyday. Seems like old school browns fans bout age 45 n up have your guys opinions and anybody thats a younger browns fan wants to see some playmakers. It just goes back to old vs new school. Whatever the right thing is to do ultimately who knows, but im tired of losing and cant take it anymore. Heading down to the Muni Lot at 6 a.m. and cracking a beer shouldnt be the highlight of the day anymore. Lets win some mfin games

Here's what I believe and lets try to put this to rest cuz some of you guys piss me the F*** off, I have a big family and we have gone back n forth about this almost everyday. Seems like old school browns fans bout age 45 n up have your guys opinions and anybody thats a younger browns fan wants to see some playmakers. It just goes back to old vs new school. Whatever the right thing is to do ultimately who knows, but im tired of losing and cant take it anymore. Heading down to the Muni Lot at 6 a.m. and cracking a beer shouldnt be the highlight of the day anymore. Lets win some mfin games

Look we're all Browns fans and we want to win- but I don't want the Bungles 11-5 season, one and done in the playoffs, and then 4-12 for the next three years. Believe me, I understand your impatience- and we all want playmakers. But thinking about it, long term the only guys out there we realistically could have landed who would have been upgrades AND helped out LONG TERM were Syd Rice (who has possible leg problems) and Jonathan Joseph (also injured a lot) and we would have had to seriously overpay for either.

I'll show my age- I've been a Browns fan ever since I can remember- and I can remember back to 1957. 1964 was a long, long time ago. Frustration? I was in what was to become the Dawg Pound for Red Right 88. The Sipe attempted toss to Newsome that got picked happened right in front of me- and I'll never forget it as long as I live. I've been though The Drive & Fumble. Yeah- I want to win- but let's get it back to what it was like in the 50s and 60s when the Browns won ALL the time. I'll have to admit I got spoiled by that. 10-4 was a down year, and it was fun city going to the Stadium with Grandpa watching the Browns beat the snot out of the expansion Cowboys 56-7. One thing I've learned over the years- it's one hell of a lot harder to win consistently now than it was back then. So let this season play out- the Browns may surprise a few teams (and maybe even you) this year. I fully expect with a successful draft in 2012 the Browns will be in a position to make those big moves next year.

False.

It's true that the older Browns fans are the ones that are against adding playmakers, but it's not because of their age, it's because they're using common sense. They didn't grow up playing Madden, they grew up playing and watching NFL football.

The "young kids" in here calling for a giant FA acquisition are just video gamers who can put up 80 points a game on Rookie using the Patriots and think they know what it's like to run a team. They're the people who play Franchise mode with injuries off, sign Sindey Rice, Chris Johnson, Ochocinco and Vincent Jackson, then cut all the backups and fill the roster with scrubs at league minimum just so they can afford to resign each one six years down the road at that ridiculous 98 million dollar contract that had to be offered just so they would come to Cleveland. They're the ones who sign 5 WRs before even signing a lineman, because "what the hell... I'll go spread, roll right, run a flood with my TE and Slot with a smokeout to Ocho on the right sideline, and have a V. Jax run the drag for security". Works everytime...in Madden. Unfortunately Madden doesn't pertain to real life in any way. No FA's want to come to Cleveland. Sure, you can offer them double what everyone else is and completely wipe out your cap on one player, but then you won't have any money to resign JT and the other FA's we'll doubtlessly need next season.

The sooner you realize that playing Madden doesn't mean you know jackshit about real football and stop sounding like a complete dumbass, the sooner we'll have some respect for you. And who knows, maybe participating in on a conversation or argument without coming across a giant douchebag asshole will help your cause too.

By the way, I'm 21. I'm by no means an old school Brownie. I just actually know what it takes to run a football team, seeing as I've been around the game my entire life and have experienced professional football firsthand.

Archived