THE BROWNS BOARD

Will The Browns Trade For Kolb

Browns57

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Browns Trade For Kolb?

• Yes
    • No

pretty sure they got the ammo...and then some. if they want Luck, is there another team that can match three 1st rd picks? two in 2011 and one in 2012?

may sound like a lot to give up but if McCoy ain't the future, not only would i be ok with it...i would applaud it.

i think we'd all applaud it IF mccoy turns out to be a bust. but don't you give a guy a chance? no weapons, half an O-line and he still had moments of brilliance even when being hurt last year. who knows what this year (i hope) brings? we all might be wishing for mangini to be back and calling for holmgren's head.

I would seriously hope we wouldnt go for kolb under any circumstance especially when luck will be available and we should have the bait to spring the trap even if we dont finish 32nd in the league, this is of course assuming colt cant cut it as the number 1 and im not willing to bet on that just yet, not at all...

I really don't even see why anyone would give a first for Kolb let alone a 2nd rounder for him. Eagles would look brilliant to even get a 1st rounder for him just for showcasing him for a couple starts most of which being mediocre. Everyone is high on Kolb for no reason. If we trade for him we're screwed, much rather have Luck next year anyway (if Colt tanks). Still not even sure why everyone thinks Luck is going number one with most teams resolving their QB issues in this past draft and soon FA. At most only 5 teams need a franchise qb that didn't take one high this past year.

Building thru fa is another reason the browns are the browns. Fa shores up depth an fills holes....draft is where u find starters. This isn't arguable

Yes, it is arguable. See, I just argued with you. :P

But, to the point, yes, you can find starters in FA. Other than JT and Mack the Browns starting OLine were FAs. Ben Watson and Evan Moore were FAs.

The likes of Gocong, Sheldon Brown, Fujita, Matt Roth I believe were FAs.

Perhaps a few trades were also mixed in there, like Peyton Hillis, but a significant enough portion of the Browns starters were or will be FAs. Shaun Rogers, now released was a FA. Delhomme and Seneca Wallace were FAs and they started half the Browns games.

Yes, it is arguable. See, I just argued with you. :P

But, to the point, yes, you can find starters in FA. Other than JT and Mack the Browns starting OLine were FAs. Ben Watson and Evan Moore were FAs.

The likes of Gocong, Sheldon Brown, Fujita, Matt Roth I believe were FAs.

Perhaps a few trades were also mixed in there, like Peyton Hillis, but a significant enough portion of the Browns starters were or will be FAs. Shaun Rogers, now released was a FA. Delhomme and Seneca Wallace were FAs and they started half the Browns games.

I think what he's saying is, if you do not want a terrible record like the Browns, you shouldn't have that many FA's as starters, but rather be like the packers where 17 of 22 starters were drafted by the Packers.

I think what he's saying is, if you do not want a terrible record like the Browns, you shouldn't have that many FA's as starters, but rather be like the packers where 17 of 22 starters were drafted by the Packers.

I suppose. Though I think you get good players where you can get them. Though it is another sport, none of those Yankee titles in the last 40 years would have been attainable without the acquisition of FAs, going back to Reggie Jackson.

Archived