THE BROWNS BOARD

Got Him/ Bin Laden Dead

Why must politics be center stage for everything :(

Does anyone really think that any president would not have struck, but waited until his presence was a certainty?

Credit Obama for ordering the kill, but the real heroes are the Navy Seals and Intelligence.

Go USA!

Nah, too many people would know...

truth is, I remember a lot of libs complaining ahead of time, angry that they "knew" Bush would have Obamao killed just

in time to make sure he won the election.

Oopsie. He won it again anyways.

Besides, it's Obamao's domestic/economic policies that are driving down his approval rating.

Obamao did make the right decision. Any pres would, I think. Well, there WAS jimmy carter... and LBJ....

But, I hear that obama osama was ditched into the ocean, because he's a Muslim? No, he's a terrorist, and his body should have been brought back

to be examined for evidence, that we might have gotten infromation from.

But seriously, you don't mess with our U.S.A. ... we have Navy Seals, our entire military. But you REALLY don't mess with our Special Forces - Navy Seals.... They rock !

Well, I knew about the Muslim quickie burial thingie after Dodi Fayeed got killed along with Princess Di.

Of course the extremist Muslim Clerics still bitched that it's only proper to bury a Muslim at sea is if they died at sea, and there's no way to get the body to land in time for burial.

The only useful thing they could have done (shades of William Wallace) with Osama's body in the USA would have been to put his head on pole at Ground Zero.

Why must politics be center stage for everything :(

Does anyone really think that any president would not have struck, but waited until his presence was a certainty?

Credit Obama for ordering the kill, but the real heroes are the Navy Seals and Intelligence.Go USA!

Nice post, Pumpkin.

Thanks, John.

I wonder how the US got choppers so close to a Pak military base without them finding out?

Nap of the earth. Basically, they fly in really low to avoid radar, and really fast to get there before the enemy can radio in the approach. And wasn't it next to a military academy, not a military base?

They likely found out from sporadic reports of helicopters flying over. I really doubt they ever popped up on Pak radar. I'm shocked that they spent 40 minutes in the compound and no Pak aircraft made it to them before exfiltration.

Also. Fantastic article, heck.

An amazingly successful operation that could have gone horribly wrong. Obama staked his entire presidency on this. If this ended up being the Iranian hostage rescue or Blackhawk Down you'd have a huge, international incident that would have been a massive national embarrassment. It would have been the end of his presidency. In fact, Gates didn't want to do it. He preferred the bombing option. Obama chose the riskier option. That's ballsy.

I'm applauding both Bush and Obamao for the whole War on Terror, culiminating with Obamao's decision to take him out.

Most of the entire structure and policies that continue to this day, and have been successful, were implemented by the Bush Admin.

Obamao, now that he is in the hot seat, sees things a lot differently than when he was an ignorant left wing smart ass.

Now, he's the man, and had to decide. Solid decision we can all be proud of.

OBL had a US target on his butt for the past 15 years. It amazes me how he was able to elude capture not only by the US Special Op Force community, but from the best of

the world's terrorist hunting forces, including the Israeli Mossad. Keep in mind he had a 25 million dollar bounty on his dirty butt. To me, this illustrates just how

much influence and power he wielded in the bastion of Muslim Jihad. The power vacuum created by his demise will be quickly sustained by the best of his pupils. Sadly, his

maytyrdom will only fuel a continued hatred towards the west. We may have won the battle, but the war will continue to wage.

Archived