THE BROWNS BOARD

To All Falcons Fans

TheClevelandSound

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our offense ranks higher than all those offenses

That doesn't mean that any objective person would ever think they are as potent however. I mean, one year the Browns had a shootout with the Bengals that ended like 58-48. The offense put up a lot of numbers that day that elevated them several notches in the rankings. That didn't mean they were all that great. The next several weeks in a row they went back to scoring on average below 20 points.

So, the Falcons scored 41 points in one game. They also scored only 9 in another game and 16 in another. There is more evidence that you have a very low scoring offense than that you have a high scoring one.

BEATDOWN You have lost your Mind thats what all the Southern Heat does to you LOL We are going to Blitz the shit out of your offense you will abonden the Run game you do have Unless we Injure Both your soft RB Hillis alone will wear down that Dirtsouth stinking Bird defense BEAT THIS DOWN .......

Did you read my post?

BEATDOWN You have lost your Mind thats what all the Southern Heat does to you LOL We are going to Blitz the shit out of your offense you will abonden the Run game you do have Unless we Injure Both your soft RB Hillis alone will wear down that Dirtsouth stinking Bird defense BEAT THIS DOWN .......

Did you read my post?

not to contradict anything u said but he did say that he DOES NOT see the falcons coming up here and putting a beat down down that he thinks it will be a close game lol

Haha! I love you Browns fans. I really do. I think you are some of the classiest arguers I've seen. None of this "Get the *bleep* off our boards" crap. Great sportsmanship. I'm not going to argue statistics or any of that stuff. I don't think there is a football fan in existence that is psychic enough to really accurately predict a game right?

If you don't mind I'll give some of my opinions though. Take them with a grain of salt if you like. :) I think you might have an improving team. I hate to say "might" but its true. Peyton Hillis is a VERY pleasant surprise and probably your savior thus far. I really like him as a player. I hope he keeps up the damage he is doing to other teams. (Except this week!) Your QB situation is not good. Jake Delhomme is not the guy. He couldn't get it done with Steve Smith as his #1 receiver last year and now he is old and injured. Seneca Wallace...ehhh. Reaching for Brady Quinn was unfortunate. I really hoped he would turn out to be your future guy. I guess you guys know all of this stuff. Still the most important thing is you are really playing teams hard and I think you are better than your record for sure.

Grats on the Bengals victory. I'm sure that always feels great lol. I think this week will be a fight. And I definitely am NOT making any predictions.

One last question though. How do Browns fans feel about Mangini generally? I'm just curious. Would you replace him if you could or do you think he just needs time?

Quick edit: Matt Ryan is pretty damn good against the blitz. :)

Drunks and small kids need to be overlooked..lol

Haha! I love you Browns fans. I really do. I think you are some of the classiest arguers I've seen. None of this "Get the *bleep* off our boards" crap. Great sportsmanship. I'm not going to argue statistics or any of that stuff. I don't think there is a football fan in existence that is psychic enough to really accurately predict a game right?

If you don't mind I'll give some of my opinions though. Take them with a grain of salt if you like. :) I think you might have an improving team. I hate to say "might" but its true. Peyton Hillis is a VERY pleasant surprise and probably your savior thus far. I really like him as a player. I hope he keeps up the damage he is doing to other teams. (Except this week!) Your QB situation is not good. Jake Delhomme is not the guy. He couldn't get it done with Steve Smith as his #1 receiver last year and now he is old and injured. Seneca Wallace...ehhh. Reaching for Brady Quinn was unfortunate. I really hoped he would turn out to be your future guy. I guess you guys know all of this stuff. Still the most important thing is you are really playing teams hard and I think you are better than your record for sure.

Grats on the Bengals victory. I'm sure that always feels great lol. I think this week will be a fight. And I definitely am NOT making any predictions.

One last question though. How do Browns fans feel about Mangini generally? I'm just curious. Would you replace him if you could or do you think he just needs time?

I dig the Browns and there city also,very blue-collar beer drinking partying bunch..that I can relate too :rolleyes:

He has been inactive for the past few weeks. He will most likely return this week (he wants to play against his daddy).

I actually thought Robiskie could have made a good coach. I've said that Jake should start but I wouldn't do it this week the Falcons have had plenty of experience with him.

Most Cleveland fans are good people. All we want to do is win, and if you understand any of the history of what has happened with our sports teams in this town, you'll understand the frustration, and the bitterness that we have at times. If you come in here not talking shit, degrading us, our team, or our city you'll be treated well. Take the route of some of the Pittsburgh trolls that come in here, and it's on!

Delhomme was not brought in to be the savior of the franchise. We all realize he is old, and on the back 9 of his career. He was brought in because of his leadership, and experience, something severely lacking in the QB department since the return of this team (though I will say given better circumstances Couch would have been all right). It's unfortunate, with the history that we have of some of our former QBs; Kosar, Sipe, and Graham.... a good QB has alluded us since our return. I'm hoping that the Delhomme scenario is similar to the Gary Danielson/Bernie Kosar scenario, except this time we get to the big dance. I loved Bernie, but unfortunately, he came up short. Then again it was against John Elway who was one of the best!

As for Mangini. I like the guy, and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. A lot of Browns fans want to throw him under the bus, and some are already calling for Holmgren's head which is quite mind boggling to say the least! I say stick with Mangini. We cannot continue to blow this thing up year after year, and expect to be a perennial playoff contender. Furthermore, if our only continuity is instability, who in their right mind with any credentials would want come and play here, or coach here for that matter?

Finally, with the exception of this Sunday.... good luck with your season! GO BROWNS!

I dig the Browns and there city also,very blue-collar beer drinking partying bunch..that I can relate too :rolleyes:

Yeah, we do know how to kick it in C-town! We do all right for a supposed dying rust belt city! But, best believe, changes are happening in this town. We're comin' back! Getting rid of all the crooked politicians, and now hopefully we can get competent people to run things here, and do the things necessary to maximize this region's great potential.

Fujita was part of superbowl team ..he already has that on the Falcoons....and he was part of our ownage of them in the Payton era..wish we still had him...he knows how to cover TG....so yall should win easy...

Well, I wouldn't say win easy. But I do like our chances to get the W.

I was noticing that your OL has only given up 4 sacks. Has the protection been that good or is it Wallace moving the out of the pocket? Hillis is getting a chunk per carry as well, I suspect this is a tough OL.

A little bit of both. With Wallace though, you're going to get more movement in the pocket than with Delhomme. Hillis is a beast! The Brady Quinn trade is starting to pay dividends. Thanks Denver!

A little bit of both. With Wallace though, you're going to get more movement in the pocket than with Delhomme. Hillis is a beast! The Brady Quinn trade is starting to pay dividends. Thanks Denver!

And, I believe the Browns do have an outstanding offensive line, which helps.

we will see if Matt Ryan is Great against the Rob Ryan Blitz bring the house sack that Boston college eagle On his back make sure he brings his Cryin towel, along with your Dome team You will be outside where REAL FOOTBALL Is played Buddy and it wont be 80 degrees either Enjoy the Game GO BROWNS.

we will see if Matt Ryan is Great against the Rob Ryan Blitz bring the house sack that Boston college eagle On his back make sure he brings his Cryin towel, along with your Dome team You will be outside where REAL FOOTBALL Is played Buddy and it wont be 80 degrees either Enjoy the Game GO BROWNS.

Ask him if they ever won a superbowl?....lol...

I think the Hillis trade was dumber than the Cutler deal. Hillis is going to prove to be a solid pickup if he stays healthy.

Archived