THE BROWNS BOARD

Players added after final cuts

CLEVELandMILIDH

Browns added RB Andre Anderson to practice squad, after being cut by the Bills.

College highlights

Although the video isn't real good,he looks like a big back.Does anyone have his stats.At first glance I see a little bit of Eric Dickerson,or maybe its just the competion.

I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

Stokley is on IR. Vasher is a heady veteran but his best years are clearly behind him. He's either the nickel back with Sheldon Brown moving to SF or he's the 4th CB who likely isn't going to play special teams.

Yates cut loose

Posted: 30 mins ago. | Source fanball.com

Billy Yates has been waived by the Cleveland Browns, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

He'll be replaced on the roster by former Seahawk Steve Vallos. A career back-up, he should be able to latch on somewhere else.

Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

I figured Asante would be on there. I also think, as I said elsewhere that they were hoping to sneak Geathers through to the practice squad, but someone elso, Miami I believe, snatched him up.

He took his game to South Beach!

You mean he took "his talent" to South Beach. OK, he can hang around The Clevelander with LeBron...who, by the way was sited taking his talent to the Wadsworth/Wooster football game on Friday night. One of his posse I guess has a son on the Wadsworth team. (A lot of good it did, Wadsworth got smoked 28-0.)

Archived