WR Josh Boyce

K Travis Coons

WR Ed Eagan

FB Robert Hughes

TE David Reeves

OL Cory Tucker

Placed on injured reserve:

DL Nike Lawrence-Stample (shoulder

Krueger was one of the worse FA signings in brown's history.

Didn't see bibbs or coons getting cut.

Damn, that just sounds bad. Like watchin a local affiliate's bad southern BBQ ad.

"Come down to shortys and get some ribs you coons make sure u got bibbs!"

Someone is not happy

Grossi: No one can tell me that Paul Kruger isn't one of the best 53 players on the #Browns roster.

Anyone who has watched Paul Kruger play football the past year and change and thinks he's still good doesn't have ANY of my respect. The guy isn't cutting the mustard and hasn't for a long time. I'd much rather go with a young guy who may prove something that see Kruger never get to the QB and make less than 30 tackles.

I think Coons is a good kicker but we'll see what we got I suppose. There probably was something to those 4 blocks last year being partly his fault but not enough to warrant losing his job. I haven't been following that battle closely though so maybe someone can shed light on why Coons didn't get the job back.

Someone is not happy

Grossi: No one can tell me that Paul Kruger isn't one of the best 53 players on the #Browns roster.

Well here is the deal:

A. Kruger really wasn't playing very well at all (though who on this team is)

B. He is from the "old regime".

C. This team is on a youth movement...needless to say...and it is plausible that the young guys can be just as productive (or non productive) as he has been.

E. He saves the Browns like 6.5 million bucks.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-kicker-competition-heating-up-as-decision-draws-closer/d80b7aa6-2c2a-4210-a4af-3621172d1c11

They are close. Murray has the stronger leg - has hit a 55 yard FG in the past. Coons is 6'1"...

and Murray is 5'8". That's interesting.

Kruger looked REALLY slow to me, and I'm not sure what good he was doing on our roster. Problem is, who do we have that is better? We obviously have plenty of financial cap room, and Kruger isn't a malcontent, so I guess we were just ready to move on. Kruger's contract was bloated and he definitely wasn't playing up to his salary. I don't mind the room, I just wish we had a talented player to replace the guy.

Mud...are you out there? Happy days, no? LOL.

Kruger looked REALLY slow to me, and I'm not sure what good he was doing on our roster. Problem is, who do we have that is better? We obviously have plenty of financial cap room, and Kruger isn't a malcontent, so I guess we were just ready to move on. Kruger's contract was bloated and he definitely wasn't playing up to his salary. I don't mind the room, I just wish we had a talented player to replace the guy.

Mud...are you out there? Happy days, no? LOL.

See the new depth chart. The team is willing to go with Ogbah, Orchard, Schobert, etc. now over Kruger.

Damn, that just sounds bad. Like watchin a local affiliate's bad southern BBQ ad.

"Come down to shortys and get some ribs you coons make sure u got bibbs!"

Dude, warn a guy when he's drinking coffee with his laptop in his lap.

Mud's still out painting the woods... or something...

Terminated the contracts of: QB Austin Davis; DL Nick Hayden; LB Paul Kruger

Waived: DB Sean Baker; TE E.J. Bibbs; WR Josh Boyce; K Travis Coons; WR Ed Eagan; FB Robert Hughes; TE David Reeves; OL Cory Tucker

Placed on injured reserve: DL Nike Lawrence-Stample (shoulder)

• A little surprised at Hayden... thought he had some good moments.
  • Tucker is only a surprise in that I did not think he'd be the first OL to go.
  • Hughes going means its Malcolm in the Middle V2.0.
  • Davis gone means no deal for McC.

Well here is the deal:

C. This team is on a youth movement...needless to say...and it is plausible that the young guys can be just as productive (or non productive) as he has been.

E. He saves the Browns like 6.5 million bucks.

Is "D" a secret?

C. Spot on... someone is getting OJT...

E. $7mm per OTC, but more surprising was only got $2.4mm in walking money... thought it was more than that.

Wonder if Krugs ends up in BLT? or NE? :)

But he was being misused

lol...

In his defense he was misused from the beginning. We immediately started tinkering with what he did well in Blt. Dude dhould never have been allowed to get under 275-280 lbs. That was the weight where he was a load for o lineman to handle. When he got down under 270 his lack of a top end skillset got exposed badly.

Honestly i think nassib already has a better toolbag than kruger has. He just needs to get stronger. He does that we have a draft steal on our roster

Is "D" a secret?

C. Spot on... someone is getting OJT...

E. $7mm per OTC, but more surprising was only got $2.4mm in walking money... thought it was more than that.

lol...

Yea.....that is for your fill in the blank entry. Either that or I need to sing my alphabet better. :blink:

krueger sucks. only reason he might have done anything in baltimore was due to the fact of the other guy on the other end of the line.

Well theres still a tackle on his side he had to fight through mik. And he did it well enough in blt but couldnt here. I could never really figure out what changed except horton originally adking him to get smaller. I think in blt his bullrush set up his outside rip, he still had a decent bull when he first came here but got leaned outof the edge constantly cause he didnt have the size anymore to hold off an OL as he turned the corner. There are smaller olb'ers in the nfl that can go around the edge just fine even with a tackle hangin all over them, but they lean into the tackle and dig around the corner with their bodies leaned in.

Kruger just doesnt have that skill and apparently could never develop it. He's so upright going around the edge that big TE's could easily force him wide.

Archived