THE BROWNS BOARD

'Peen, you started this....

hoorta

Now bringing up all-time box office flops, or movies no one else has ever hear of is permissible, but I'd prefer the critically acclaimed stuff that turns your stomach.

I posted it in another thread-

So Annie Hall, Last Picture Show, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, The Piano, Howard's End.

Really? Pulp Fiction is my single most favorite move. Yea the English Patient was way better, NOT.

Really, just too plain weird. FWIW Last Picture Show is is one of my best friends favorites- go figure. Another one crossed my just mind- Gangs of New York. Yeah, chick flicks don't do much for me either.

Really, just too plain weird. FWIW Last Picture Show is is one of my best friends favorites- go figure. Another one crossed my just mind- Gangs of New York. Yeah, chick flicks don't do much for me either.

Gangs of NY disappointed me as it was billed as "the Irish Godfather" but as for Howards End or the Piano or English Patient, they just were'nt fun though I thought they were of high calibre.

Like a lot of Merchant Ivory flicks.

Annie Hall is in my top 10 and Pulp is pretty high though not in sacred territory.

B)

WSS

The story alone is awesome in Pulp Fiction. I'm a huge Reservoir Dogs fan, really anything Tarantino. I have never seen the Last Picture Show. Gangs of New York was a great movie. I haven't seen a Scorsese film I didn't like.

The story alone is awesome in Pulp Fiction. I'm a huge Reservoir Dogs fan, really anything Tarantino. I have never seen the Last Picture Show. Gangs of New York was a great movie. I haven't seen a Scorsese film I didn't like.

:) I loved Kill Bill I&II. So I have no ax to grind with Tarantino- there's just some movies that don't do anything for you. :)

People seemed to love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies.

I fell asleep in the first of each and never saw any of the others...thought they were boorish at best...don't tell me the second of each was the best.

Nothing could make me even start to watch them unless I was stuck on a 10 hour airline flight to Hawaii ......in which case I might actually be happy because no doubt I would be able to catch some zzzzzz's

I loved Tolkein's trilogy in the service. Loved the books.

Loved the Star Wars movies. they were fun.

But the Lord of the Rings movies?

Extremely, profoundly? BORING.

And way, way, way too LONG at being BORING.

I was disgusted, and read a book while the stupid things

went on and on, just so I could finish them up, and return the dvd's...

People seemed to love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies.

I fell asleep in the first of each and never saw any of the others...thought they were boorish at best...don't tell me the second of each was the best.

Nothing could make me even start to watch them unless I was stuck on a 10 hour airline flight to Hawaii ......in which case I might actually be happy because no doubt I would be able to catch some zzzzzz's

Boorish?

WSS

Archived