THE BROWNS BOARD

An inconvenient Absence

calfoxwc

Yet all we get in here are links to partisan opinion pieces found through Fox News, Rush, and Drudge.

What sucks Heck is that you think everyone who doesn't agree with you reads these publications. Ironically, until 2 days ago and after reading YOUR post, I didn't even know what the Drudge was. Rush is a lying drug addict. Fox blows. But I don't agree with you, I must read these publications. Everything I have posted on here was from CNN, Ruters, PBS, Charlie Rose (who is the best journalist in my generation). Yes Heck other people know how to sift through the shit.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kosar, that may be true, but I'm not really talking about you. Go take a look through the pages on this board. I'd wager that 75% of the topics came from one of those sources. I have to go through all of those sources as part of my job, and trust me - I know exactly what stories are going to get posted on here, and where they were highlighted. For instance, the story about the Himalayan glaciers was the top story on Fox News that morning, and was linked to on Drudge. The Der Spiegel story about Obama's approval ratings in Germany was linked to off Drudge. (Or maybe you think Cal reads German newspapers.) The Rasmussen poll and graph were linked to off Drudge. So while you may not fall into this category, others obviously do.

As for where T gets his paranoid crankery, Lord only knows.

Like I said, if you want to know what the 30% of the country is angry about today, all you have to do is go to one of those three outlets. It's where they live. And I'm not saying anything unique or controversial when I point it out. It's sort of common knowledge.

But I was directly on Rasmussen. I found out it was linked to by Drudge later.

You have a problem with Drudge, Heck? Why?

I thought those polls were all the rage with libs, when he was running for pres

and very popular in the polls.

Shep bragged about the Obamao high numbers in the polls.

But now, the polls are just right wing attack machines?

Why is that, if not corrupt political expediency?

And, I never knew Drudge was gay, nothing of the sort. Not that it matters, unless he becomes

a gay marriage advocate.

But deriding his conservative links to valid sites seems beneath your standards, somehow.

It seems to be more like, if it runs contrary to what my liberal side says, then it is bad, bad, bad.

So, Heck, seriously, where would you like posts to be from? Any source out there a Heck approved source?

Or is it just the flip side of your politics coming out that grates your nerves?

Don't judge by demonizing sources. Judge the content by it's validity, or lack thereof.

I can adapt and change how I bring about interesting subjects, but not to the extent

that I only find and post Bush basing articles, which we have seen plenty of in the past... and

you never complained once.

Wow. You are a fountain of rage. Why not just write "You guys do it too!" and be done with it? That's all this is.

Rage?

Serioulsy Heck I haven't even been irked recently and I'd truly feel bad if I hurt your feelings.

I even did the "thank you" for the post I responded to.

It was pretty mild for you.

I suspect that's just the old trick of accusing the other side of being angry so as to condescend but....

Anyway it really is a case of "you guys do it too."

As a matter of fact I think you're worse than anyone you accuse.

And no, not everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. (I can't believe I had to write that.)

I'd be interested in the list of issues where people of substance disagree with you.

It sure looks to me like you have contempt for any source politician or

pundit who is not on the bus.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to my favorite hobbies - racist epithet-hurling and gay-bashing. Which I do all the time, along with Alo, Shep, and all the rest of rest of my lefty buddies.

Heh. Another Heck cheap trick.

Mention Alo when you know nobody's talking about him.

I'm sure (unless you pretend otherwise) you remember Shep's barrage of posts calling Charlie Frye "whigger."

(along with regular bashing of old white people and regularly referring to Senator McCain as "douche")

You've also personally berated me for saying I think the "Negro dialect" sounds stupid (or something to that evvect).

But if I'd used any reference that containg the "igger" part you'd have come unglued.

(The point was, of course, that I doubt many of the Republicans who frequent his site every morning - and also don't like gay people - know that he's a gay man. How you decided this was me "gay-bashing" is comically pathetic. Drudge's secret isn't very secret, after all. Just to some who wouldn't react so well to the news. Which is why he keeps it a secret.)

Well goodie for you Heck. You only fag bash if it's for the greater good.

Anyway I'm the least homophobic guy here and I don't remember the last time I've been on the Drudge site or posted an opinion story from one of the sources you so despise.

Hence your attack on me is a little off target.

I'm sure there are high crimes I've committed on my own more deserving of your ire.

Pick one of them.

WSS

That's how I took it, Heck.

What was the point of bringing it up, only for a conservative who links to conservative articles all over the net?

You used it for political expediency. Otherwise, you'd think it was worthy of trying to get

one of us who might have brought it up about a lib in the media... banned.

IOW's, you progressive leftists get to do anything you want. Say anything, link to anything, not link at all..

and it's fine.

but let any of us say the same things, link to anything, not link at all... and it's very, very, very bad.

Gosh, funny how that works, Heck.

You ever figure out what sources ARE okay to link to to document negative articles about what you say? Maybe even just one?

If one of you wants to walk me through how mentioning that Matt Drudge is gay and that he keeps it a secret (presumably) because many of his Republican readers might not react favorably to the news constitutes "fag-bashing", be my guest.

And by the guy who has posted at least 100 times on the validity of homosexual marriage, and the rights of homosexuals, including a multi-page, multi-day exchange with Tupa years ago. Huge gay basher, I am.

Anything to try and score a point in this pathetic little exchange.

If one of you wants to walk me through how mentioning that Matt Drudge is gay and that he keeps it a secret (presumably) because many of his Republican readers might not react favorably to the news constitutes "fag-bashing", be my guest.

And by the guy who has posted at least 100 times on the validity of homosexual marriage, and the rights of homosexuals, including a multi-page, multi-day exchange with Tupa years ago. Huge gay basher, I am.

Anything to try and score a point in this pathetic little exchange.

Exchange???

Hell you chickened out on everything else.

I guess I could remind you which of Obama's voting blocks hates gays more than any other but then you'd call me racist.....

:lol:

WSS

Go ahead. Walk me through what part of that was "fag-bashing", written by the guy who has actually worked on gay rights campaigns.

Let's hear it. Back that up, rather than changing the subject. Come on, most gay-friendly man on the board. Walk me through your thought process, genius.

And thanks for pre-accusing me of something that hasn't happened, then finding me guilty of the scenario you just made up. Sounds fair.

As for where T gets his paranoid crankery, Lord only knows.

Your still the funny man. And as far as paranoia, I dont have the slightest ideal of what your talking about. I only read articles post and comment my opinion on them. I always try to give the link. But you refuse to read because of your partisan beliefs are so strong you have left the blinders on. Your take on politics is almost as bad as an amish persons belief on having running water in their house.

Maybe if you would read and not just heckle you may learn a little bit about the world that is going on around you. Stop being a part of the machine and read, research it and dont put it down because someone got you excited over your liberal views.

And No focker, paranoia usally comes from puffing the majic dragon in which IMO is stupid.

Go ahead. Walk me through what part of that was "fag-bashing", written by the guy who has actually worked on gay rights campaigns.

Let's hear it. Back that up, rather than changing the subject. Come on, most gay-friendly man on the board. Walk me through your thought process, genius.

And thanks for pre-accusing me of something that hasn't happened, then finding me guilty of the scenario you just made up. Sounds fair.

Heh.

Tell me ya wouldn't.

And sure Heck, you're right.

I mean when railing at me about Matt Drudge it's perfectly reasonable to point out [he's a damn queer.]

(That'll show them gawd damn 'Publicans)

And "changing the subject????"

That's rich. It really is.

WSS

Heck, you just came back here to antagonize.

One the first posts I read since I noticed you were back, contained

a slur against T simply for having an opinion.

That sucks, so do you when you just want to smart off and avoid any negative information you don't like, from ANY SOURCE,

then you sit back and demonize whatever the rest of us do, or don't do, or say...

That's sad.

You are taking heat because on a lot of days, you just aren't a good poster. How you can accuse others of being partisan,

then you spew your crap, is pitiful. Maybe it was funny for a short time, but that was a long time ago.

The rest of us let other's have their opinions, and we talk about stuff. You are welcome to change your mo, and join in.

Or, not. It would be cool, imho, if you'd just make up your mind.

Archived