THE BROWNS BOARD

An inconvenient Absence

calfoxwc

Gosh, no wonder Heck, Sheply and Mzbeetlejuice ran for cover.

Say, I reckon those midwesterners failed to ever exhale, to have any SUV's running,

or to have any cows farting. Too bad, eh, Sheply?

Midwest bracing for heavy snow, wind chills of -50

By MICHAEL CRUMB, Associated Press Writer Michael Crumb, Associated Press Writer Thu Jan 7, 6:35 am ET DES MOINES – Snow was piled so high in Iowa that drivers couldn't see across intersections and a North Dakota snowblower repair shop was overwhelmed with business as residents braced Thursday for heavy snow and wind chills as low as 50 below zero.

Frigid weather also was gripping the South, where a rare cold snap was expected to bring snow and ice Thursday to states from South Carolina to Louisiana. Forecasters said wind chills could drop to near zero at night in some areas.

Dangerously cold wind chills were anticipated in the Midwest overnight, including as low as 35 below in eastern Nebraska, minus 45 in parts of South Dakota and negative 50 in North Dakota, according to National Weather Service warnings.

Another 10 inches of snow was expected in Iowa, buried in December by more than 2 feet of snow, while up to 9 inches could fall in southeast North Dakota that forecasters warned would create hazardous zero-visibility driving conditions. Wind gusts of 30 miles per hour were expected in Illinois — along with a foot of snow — while large drifts were anticipated in Nebraska and Iowa.

Joe Dietrich said he had to turn away dozens of customers this week from his snowblower repair shop in Bismarck, N.D.

"My building is only so big and I can only take so many," Dietrich said.

The weather hasn't let up since sweeping into the eastern U.S. earlier this week. Five straight days of double-digit subzero low temperatures, including negative 19, were recorded by the National Weather Service office in Chanhassen, Minn., a Twin Cities suburb.

"It's brutally cold, definitely brutal," meteorologist Tony Zaleski said.

Several deaths have been blamed on the cold. An 88-year-old woman died of hypothermia Tuesday in her unheated Chicago home, an Alzheimer's sufferer died after wandering into his yard in Nashville, Tenn., and a homeless man was found dead in a tent in South Carolina, authorities said. Kansas City police said a man involved in a multi-car pileup Wednesday died after jumping a barrier wall in the dark, apparently to avoid sliding cars, and falling about 80 feet.

In the South, Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear declared a state of emergency in Perry County on Wednesday after water line breaks left areas without water.

Freeze warnings covered nearly all of Florida with temperatures expected to drop into the 20s overnight. Freezing iguanas were seen falling out of trees in Florida; experts say the cold-blooded reptiles become immobilized when the temperature falls into the 40s and they lose their grip on the tree.

Schools in parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri and Oklahoma were among those expected to cancel classes because of weather, while major roads in South Dakota, North Carolina and Virginia were closed.

Salt had no effect on the Twin Cities' ice-rutted streets, and the deep snow left over from a Christmas storm has hardened into rock-hard blocks. The conditions helped business at Roger's Master Collision, an auto-body repair shop in Plymouth, Minn.

"A lot of people sliding on the ice, then hitting the snowbanks. They're frozen up pretty hard," said store manager Kirk Suchomel, estimating the shop is averaging 15 repair estimates a day. "I'm sure we're going to stay busy."

In Iowa, officials in Des Moines warned that a $3 million annual snow removal budget would likely be exhausted with this week's storm. Another 10 inches of snow was forecast overnight — on top of the more than 28 inches of snow that fell there in December.

Public Works Director Bill Stowe said the city would tap a $6 million road maintenance fund to cover snow clearing for the rest of the season. Snow that had been plowed into tall piles at intersections was set to be dumped into a lake.

"It can be a half-million dollar operation, depending on the amount of snow," Stowe said.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thursday for heavy snow and wind chills as low as 50 below zero

Once again Al Gore and global warming are stimuleting the economy, think of all of those frozen/broken pipes and i wonder how many heat pumps failed.

Looks like a plumbers nightmare. $$$$

This weather is amazing. For days it's been colder over a week and a half than I can remember, ever, meaning consistently over that time.

And the snow is so deep, Bernie Kosar doesn't want to go hiking back toward our woods... it actually rubs his belly and private parts.

And, that isn't even where the snow has drifted high.

So, I think I injured my right knee, jumping out of the bed of our four by four, when we took some uneeded farm equipment to the

New Year's giant auction. I landed on ice. dammit.

So, the snow is so deep, I just drive our 4x4 400cc ATV back there. Now, that's some fun.

But the weather is dangerous, and there has even been a big campaign down around Dallas, to

alert those folks about hypothermia, since they hardly have much serious cold weather down there.

Meanwhile, 150,000 tropical fish died in Florida. They froze.

Record temps for several areas of the U.S. have been set.

A very prominent expert, a climate change scientist, predicts about 30 years of a new mini-ice age.

And the global warming fraud four have bolted this forum to avoid talking about it.

I expect they will return in the summer, on a nice hot day.

I called their bs a long time ago. Their ice sculpture chicken has now come home to roost - frozen solid.

UN climate scientist even says global warming has paused Sev.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...tarts-here.html

Man made global warming is SO over.

Never was a fact.

Just a political prod, a manipulative tool to garner support for liberalism.

From the National Center for Policy Analysis:

Global Warming

January 12, 2010

THE MINI ICE AGE STARTS HERE

The bitter winter afflicting much of the Northern Hemisphere is only the start of a global trend towards cooler weather that is likely to last for 20 or 30 years, say some of the world's most eminent climate scientists.

Their predictions -- based on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans -- challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy's most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in summer by 2013.

• According to the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 -- and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this.
  • The scientists' predictions also undermine the standard climate computer models, which assert that the warming of the Earth since 1900 has been driven solely by man-made greenhouse gas emissions and will continue as long as carbon dioxide levels rise.
They say that their research shows that much of the warming was caused by oceanic cycles when they were in a "warm mode" as opposed to the present "cold mode."

This challenge to the widespread view that the planet is on the brink of an irreversible catastrophe is all the greater because the scientists could never be described as global warming "deniers" or skeptics.

Source: David Rose, "The mini ice age starts here," Daily Mail, January 10, 2010.

For text:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...tarts-here.html#

For more on Global Warming:

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_Category=32

http://www.bnl.gov/weather/DailyTemp.asp

http://www.bnl.gov/weather/4cast/01-jantemp.html

notice how all of the "high years" are the most recent.......

peoples opinions based upon their perception of their memory or current "feelings"....... facts are what they are

Algorephobia?

Meanwhile, a Russian scientist predicts an upcoming ice age, due to decreasing solar activity.

Gosh, too bad Algore the Ogre doesn't know about him, either:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Russian-sci...Age-17621.shtml

interesting the two responses to factual data in reference to their positions is sarcasm and a misdirection about a hypothesis that is well established but does nothing to dispute man caused median temperature increases.

If you want to point to other obvious things that are going to happen that will affect overall weather...... magnetic pole shifting...... yellowstone volcanic activity....... while all of those things are going to happen sooner or later neither discounts current peer reviewed data showing trends in virtually all scientific disciplines toward man affecting a warming trend...... This is about balance that affects all of us our only symbiotic home.... cause and effect....... whether we are the tipping point or a major cause means virtually nothing, all that matters is that if we poison the only home we have there is no recourse.

IF you had responding to backing your positions with hardcore data showing different information it would be more serious. Sarcasm and pointing to other variables does not affect the now widely accepted findings from virtually every major university in the world and organizations.... like I stated before if you think the NSA from our own country is made up of stupid people or even NASA or the National academies of Science and countless others..... well I would rather side on the CONSERVative position and error on the side of caution...... I wonder how all of the tobacco science backers laughing at the cancer link are feeling........

interesting the two responses to factual data in reference to their positions is sarcasm and a misdirection about a hypothesis that is well established but does nothing to dispute man caused median temperature increases.

If you want to point to other obvious things that are going to happen that will affect overall weather...... magnetic pole shifting...... yellowstone volcanic activity....... while all of those things are going to happen sooner or later neither discounts current peer reviewed data showing trends in virtually all scientific disciplines toward man affecting a warming trend...... This is about balance that affects all of us our only symbiotic home.... cause and effect....... whether we are the tipping point or a major cause means virtually nothing, all that matters is that if we poison the only home we have there is no recourse.

IF you had responding to backing your positions with hardcore data showing different information it would be more serious. Sarcasm and pointing to other variables does not affect the now widely accepted findings from virtually every major university in the world and organizations.... like I stated before if you think the NSA from our own country is made up of stupid people or even NASA or the National academies of Science and countless others..... well I would rather side on the CONSERVative position and error on the side of caution...... I wonder how all of the tobacco science backers laughing at the cancer link are feeling........

Warming trend? The earth has been going through a cooling trend for the last decade. What are you talking about? MMGW is malarkey. Did you hear about 31,000 scientists who petitioned the government not to get involved in the farce of MMGW because that's what it is... a farce?

http://www.oism.org/pproject/

they even have a list of all that signed it, in alphabetical order.

updated page:

http://www.petitionproject.org/

like i said post up the data from an accredited source and than post its reviewed status from something like Nature or any internationally recognized scientific organization instead of spouting some opinion well...... than maybe your on to something.

Like I said the NSA and Nasa must be made up of suckers who are all politically paid for..... that list..... well because of the very nature of science skepticism is in fact healthy..... 31000...... my that is a large number.....

EVERY major university in the WORLD has backed global warming along with EVERY major scientific organization...... CERN (you know the stupid guys who developed the internet) EVERY major industrialized Nation in the world along with most of the 2nd and 3rd world nations...... wow 31000..... in the face of well millions........ hmmmmmm wow

funny how the studies never seem to materialize from the opposition..... just pr and opinion....... weird.....

hmmmmm 31000....... do you know how many people believe that humans walked with dinosaurs?......... far more than 31000.........

here's the facts.

http://www.petitionproject.org/gw_article/...iew_OISM150.pdf

notice the direct correlation between air temps and solar activity. Direct. And we know that no one was conspiring behind the scenes to hide data.

I don't understand how anyone can argue with this.

ok than...... well hmmmmm you got me......I love this petition..... cant see how this might be problematic.....

The text of the petition (which was on a reply card) reads, in its entirety:

“ We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

The text of the petition often is misrepresented. For example, until recently the petition's website stated that the petition's signatories "declare that global warming is a lie with no scientific basis whatsoever"and the British newspaper Daily Telegraph reported that the petition "denies that man is responsible for global warming." As seen above, the petition uses the terms catastrophic heating and disruption rather than "global warming."

The original article associated with the petition (see below) defined "global warming" as "severe increases in Earth's atmospheric and surface temperatures, with disastrous environmental consequences". This differs from both scientific usage and dictionary definitions, in which "global warming" is an increase in the global mean atmospheric temperature without implying that the increase is "severe" or will have "disastrous environmental consequences."

The 1997 version of the article states that "over the past two decades, when CO2 levels have been at their highest, global average temperatures have actually cooled slightly" and says that this was based on comparison of satellite data (for 1979-1997) and balloon data from 1979-96. At the time the petition was written, this was unclear. Since then the satellite record has been revised, and shows warming

I love this petition....... it only gets better

because of various criticisms made of the two Leipzig Declarations, the Oregon Petition Project claimed to adopt a number of measures, though none of these claims have been independently verified:

* The petitioners could submit responses only by physical mail, not electronic mail, to limit fraud. Older signatures submitted via the web were not removed. The verification of the scientists was listed at 95%, but the means by which this verification was done was not specified.

* Signatories to the petition were requested to list an academic degree. The petition sponsors stated that approximately two thirds held higher degrees. As of 2008, the petition's website states that "The current list of 31,072 petition signers includes 9,021 PhD; 6,961 MS; 2,240 MD and DVM; and 12,850 BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have underlying degrees in basic science."

* Petitioners were also requested to list their academic discipline. The petition sponsors state the following numbers of individuals from each discipline: 1. Atmospheric, environmental, and Earth sciences: 3,697; 2. Computer and mathematical sciences: 903; 3. Physics and aerospace sciences: 5,691; 4. Chemistry: 4,796; 5. Biology and agriculture: 2,924; 6. Medicine: 3,069; 7. Engineering and general science: 9,992. As of 2007, about 2,400 people in addition to the original 17,100 signatories were "trained in fields other than science or whose field of specialization was not specified on their returned petition."

* The Petition Project itself avoided any funding or association with the energy industries.

The term "scientists" is often used in describing signatories; however, many of the signatories have degrees in engineering or medicine, including veterinary medicine. The distribution of petitions was relatively uncontrolled: those receiving the petition could check a line that said "send more petition cards for me to distribute".

The Petition Project itself used to state:

“ Of the 19,700 signatures that the project has received in total so far, 17,800 have been independently verified and the other 1,900 have not yet been independently verified. Of those signers holding the degree of PhD, 95% have now been independently verified. One name that was sent in by enviro pranksters, Geri Halliwell, PhD, has been eliminated. Several names, such as Perry Mason and Robert Byrd are still on the list even though enviro press reports have ridiculed their identity with the names of famous personalities. They are actual signers. Perry Mason, for example, is a PhD Chemist

A number of critics of the petition questioned the scientific credentials and the authenticity of the names of the signatories.

In May 1998 the Seattle Times wrote:

“ Several environmental groups questioned some of the names in the petition. For instance: "Perry S. Mason", who was a legitimate scientist who shared the name of a TV character. Similarly, "Michael J. Fox", "Robert C. Byrd", and "John C. Grisham" were signatories with names shared with famous people. Geraldine Halliwell was added as: "Dr. Geri Halliwell" and "Dr. Halliwell." This name may have been contributed by a proxy trying to discredit the petition since Ms. Halliwell has never admitted to signing the petition.

Asked about the pop singer, Robinson said he was duped. The returned petition, one of thousands of mailings he sent out, identified her as having a degree in microbiology and living in Boston. "When we're getting thousands of signatures there's no way of filtering out a fake," he said.

In 2001, Scientific American reported:

“ Scientific American took a random sample of 30 of the 1,400 signatories claiming to hold a Ph.D. in a climate-related science. Of the 26 we were able to identify in various databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition —- one was an active climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today, three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not answer repeated messages. Crudely extrapolating, the petition supporters include a core of about 200 climate researchers – a respectable number, though rather a small fraction of the climatological community. ”

In a 2005 op-ed in the Hawaii Reporter, Todd Shelly wrote:

“ In less than 10 minutes of casual scanning, I found duplicate names (Did two Joe R. Eaglemans and two David Tompkins sign the petition, or were some individuals counted twice?), single names without even an initial (Biolchini), corporate names (Graybeal & Sayre, Inc. How does a business sign a petition?), and an apparently phony single name (Redwine, Ph.D.). These examples underscore a major weakness of the list: there is no way to check the authenticity of the names. Names are given, but no identifying information (e.g., institutional affiliation) is provided. Why the lack of transparency?[

The Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (OISM) is a 501©(3) non-profit organization located about seven miles from Cave Junction, Oregon. It has been described as "a small research institute" that studies "biochemistry, diagnostic medicine, nutrition, preventive medicine and the molecular biology of aging."

The institute is headed by Dr. Arthur B. Robinson, who received the Ph.D. degree in Chemistry from the California Institute of Technology. Robinson established OISM in 1980 after a disagreement with his mentor Linus Pauling.[1] Other listed faculty are biochemist Martin D. Kamen (died in 2002), Nobel prize-winning chemist R. Bruce Merrifield (died in 2006), Salk Institute biochemist Dr. Fred Westall, electrical engineer Carl Boehme, physician Dr. Jane Orient, chemist Noah E. Robinson, and veterinarian Dr. Zachary W. Robinson.[2]

The OISM circulated the Oregon Petition, a "Scientists' Petition" on global warming, in collaboration with the late Frederick Seitz, former president of the National Academy of Sciences. OISM founder Arthur Robinson is a global warming skeptic.

The OISM website states that "several members of the Institute's staff are also well known for their work on the Petition Project, an undertaking that has obtained the signatures of more than 31,000 American scientists opposed, on scientific grounds, to the hypothesis of "human-caused global warming" and to concomitant proposals for world-wide energy taxation and rationing."[3]

OISM markets a home-schooling kit for parents who are concerned about how "American schools have degraded severely."[4] Another OISM project is Doctors for Disaster Preparedness. The Institute publishes the book "Nuclear War Survival Skills," by Cresson Kearny, describing how to survive nuclear war.[5] , and also in 1986 published Fighting Chance by Gary North and Arthur Robinson, advocating a revival of the federal government civil defense program.

hmmmm weird cant see why some non profit organization would be criticized........

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical...The main basis of the claim that man’s release of greenhouse gases is the cause of the warming is based almost entirely upon climate models. We all know the frailty of models concerning the air-surface system.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology, and formerly of NASA, who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists.” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“So far, real measurements give no ground for concern about a catastrophic future warming.” - Scientist Dr. Jarl R. Ahlbeck, a chemical engineer at Abo Akademi University in Finland, author of 200 scientific publications and former Greenpeace member.

“Anyone who claims that the debate is over and the conclusions are firm has a fundamentally unscientific approach to one of the most momentous issues of our time.” - Solar physicist Dr. Pal Brekke, senior advisor to the Norwegian Space Centre in Oslo. Brekke has published more than 40 peer-reviewed scientific articles on the sun and solar interaction with the Earth.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.

“After reading [uN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

“The Kyoto theorists have put the cart before the horse. It is global warming that triggers higher levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, not the other way round…A large number of critical documents submitted at the 1995 U.N. conference in Madrid vanished without a trace. As a result, the discussion was one-sided and heavily biased, and the U.N. declared global warming to be a scientific fact,” Andrei Kapitsa, a Russian geographer and Antarctic ice core researcher.

“I am convinced that the current alarm over carbon dioxide is mistaken...Fears about man-made global warming are unwarranted and are not based on good science.” - Award Winning Physicist Dr. Will Happer, Professor at the Department of Physics at Princeton University and Former Director of Energy Research at the Department of Energy, who has published over 200 scientific papers, and is a fellow of the American Physical Society, The American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the National Academy of Sciences.

“Nature's regulatory instrument is water vapor: more carbon dioxide leads to less moisture in the air, keeping the overall GHG content in accord with the necessary balance conditions.” – Prominent Hungarian Physicist and environmental researcher Dr. Miklós Zágoni reversed his view of man-made warming and is now a skeptic. Zágoni was once Hungary’s most outspoken supporter of the Kyoto Protocol.

“For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.

“Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp…Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact.” - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.

“The quantity of CO2 we produce is insignificant in terms of the natural circulation between air, water and soil... I am doing a detailed assessment of the UN IPCC reports and the Summaries for Policy Makers, identifying the way in which the Summaries have distorted the science.” - South Afican Nuclear Physicist and Chemical Engineer Dr. Philip Lloyd, a UN IPCC co-coordinating lead author who has authored over 150 refereed publications.

“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.

“All those urging action to curb global warming need to take off the blinkers and give some thought to what we should do if we are facing global cooling instead.” - Geophysicist Dr. Phil Chapman, an astronautical engineer and former NASA astronaut, served as staff physicist at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense…The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.” - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

“CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another….Every scientist knows this, but it doesn’t pay to say so…Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver’s seat and developing nations walking barefoot.” - Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.

“The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds.” - Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata.

“Whatever the weather, it's not being caused by global warming. If anything, the climate may be starting into a cooling period.” Atmospheric scientist Dr. Art V. Douglas, former Chair of the Atmospheric Sciences Department at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, and is the author of numerous papers for peer-reviewed publications.

“But there is no falsifiable scientific basis whatever to assert this warming is caused by human-produced greenhouse gasses because current physical theory is too grossly inadequate to establish any cause at all.” - Chemist Dr. Patrick Frank, who has authored more than 50 peer-reviewed articles.

“The ‘global warming scare’ is being used as a political tool to increase government control over American lives, incomes and decision making. It has no place in the Society's activities.” - Award-Winning NASA Astronaut/Geologist and Moonwalker Jack Schmitt who flew on the Apollo 17 mission and formerly of the Norwegian Geological Survey and for the U.S. Geological Survey.

“Earth has cooled since 1998 in defiance of the predictions by the UN-IPCC….The global temperature for 2007 was the coldest in a decade and the coldest of the millennium…which is why ‘global warming’ is now called ‘climate change.’” - Climatologist Dr. Richard Keen of the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at the University of Colorado.

“I have yet to see credible proof of carbon dioxide driving climate change, yet alone man-made CO2 driving it. The atmospheric hot-spot is missing and the ice core data refute this. When will we collectively awake from this deceptive delusion?” - Dr. G LeBlanc Smith, a retired Principal Research Scientist with Australia’s CSIRO. (The full quotes of the scientists are later in this report)

The libs always resort to:

"but that isn't a valid source"

"but that scientist isn't from the U.N."

"blah blah right wing conspiracy"

"those climate experts are not accredited by the (insert some vague acronym"

They can't afford to admit their idealogy is not fact, just politically expedient theory,

with more and more EXPERTS speaking out about the nonsense "fact".

The libs always resort to:

"but that isn't a valid source"

"but that scientist isn't from the U.N."

"blah blah right wing conspiracy"

"those climate experts are not accredited by the (insert some vague acronym"

They can't afford to admit their idealogy is not fact, just politically expedient theory,

with more and more EXPERTS speaking out about the nonsense "fact".

Sad but true.

No MMGW proponent can ever explain the why the global temps are falling now. They ignore that they are.

kosar that post with those accomplished and intelligent individuals would hold more weight IF they actually published studies verifying their OPINIONS.........

Science by its very nature is TO BE SKEPTICAL.........

geee I hear crickets about that 31000 signatories........ sure a non profit organization that has nothing to do with posting up any sort of data backing up their OPINIONS.......

Its totally ok to be skeptical, but this is not about being skeptical rather using common sense and erroring on the side of caution in how we treat the ONLY we home we have.

Your side has virtually NOTHING...... cooling..... sure just ignore the actual statistics just like that report you obviously did not read that was later shown to be false......... 31000 and cooling.... lol. seriously the earth is still flat...........

kosar that post with those accomplished and intelligent individuals would hold more weight IF they actually published studies verifying their OPINIONS.........

Science by its very nature is TO BE SKEPTICAL.........

geee I hear crickets about that 31000 signatories........ sure a non profit organization that has nothing to do with posting up any sort of data backing up their OPINIONS.......

Its totally ok to be skeptical, but this is not about being skeptical rather using common sense and erroring on the side of caution in how we treat the ONLY we home we have.

Your side has virtually NOTHING...... cooling..... sure just ignore the actual statistics just like that report you obviously did not read that was later shown to be false......... 31000 and cooling.... lol. seriously the earth is still flat...........

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical...The main basis of the claim that man’s release of greenhouse gases is the cause of the warming is based almost entirely upon climate models. We all know the frailty of models concerning the air-surface system.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology, and formerly of NASA, who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

How is that opinion? I think she knows something behind the science. Don't you? Now you'll say she was discredited somehow or come out she was paid off. It's like talking to a politician.

I think that is the huge difference between our arguments, your argument consists of finger pointing, have you noticed that?

Sev list everything you do to help out your only home. Then tell me what you don't do. Be honest, don't be a douche.

How is that opinion? I think she knows something behind the science. Don't you? Now you'll say she was discredited somehow or come out she was paid off. It's like talking to a politician.

I think that is the huge difference between our arguments, your argument consists of finger pointing, have you noticed that?

Sev list everything you do to help out your only home. Then tell me what you don't do. Be honest, don't be a douche.

here Kosar:

The main basis of the claim that man’s release of greenhouse gases is the cause of the warming is based almost entirely upon climate models. We all know the frailty of models concerning the air-surface system

That is patently NOT true........ Ice cores..... geology....oceanography.... hell satellite imagery of Antartica...... etc etc like I said it is pretty overwhelming on the information pouring in from unaffiliated fields...

As for me you have not been a member when this argument was going on before.

Solar panels, hyper insulation, hybrid vehicle, electricity miser system, electric hot water on demand systems, all appliances are rated for efficiency, family vehicle planning to reduce total travel, zero air flights, buying produce from local producers/seasonal foods...eating virtually no read meat (methane)(my daughters idea), I run tons of meetings using citrix's go to meeting instead of driving,

I also recently have a brown water system.

its quite irritating and inconvenient at times..... but its not for me but for my children and future grand children.

Like I said even with the PHD attached to the name most of them just put up opinion, it would have far more weight if they actually put up studies or findings but they dont. That doctor who treated Michael Jackson has a PHD..... his opinions or practices do not discount the rest of the field yet he as an individual does not produce anything of value for his field yet his PHD is just a title its the work that matters. These highly intelligent individuals should be skeptical that is the very beauty of the scientific method but the weight of their skepticism is accounted for by the work they produce to back up their opinions........

As for what I dont do.... well the plastics reduction is virtually impossible considering almost everything is wrapped in it...... I still waste a lot of paper even though we recycle, I still have a regular gas vehicle that I do drive..... sooner or later we will have to fly again, ELECTRONICS are a huge problem for me........... the list of things I could and should do better is quite long but you get the gist. My electricity use needs to still decrease or I need to find a better production system........

As for my contribution on helping the earth well that is what my I.T. company is hopefully producing....... we are hoping what we are going to release will in fact cut down LOTS of things and make things a ton more efficient for businesses and people. IF what we produce is viable (it obviously is a Big IF and one I am betting a lot of my personal funds as well as investment money) than my personal contribution will be quite extensive. Like any pie in the sky concept we will see IF it works and also right now I am working thru a IP and patent process for a 100% stable and clean energy system...... of which is quite frankly expensive and does not give me that much confidence even if we go direct to market on its ability to be protected...... I am very interested personally in contributing thru business processes ways in which we all can be much more efficient.

Report: "Antarctic ice cap Growing, not shrinking"

Ice is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap.

The results of ice-core drilling and sea ice monitoring indicate there is no large-scale melting of ice over most of Antarctica, although experts are concerned at ice losses on the continent's western coast.

Antarctica has 90 percent of the Earth's ice and 80 percent of its fresh water, The Australian reports. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilization of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international headlines this month.

However, the picture is very different in east Antarctica, which includes the territory claimed by Australia.

East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades."

Australia Antarctic Division glaciology program head Ian Allison said sea ice losses in west Antarctica over the past 30 years had been more than offset by increases in the Ross Sea region, just one sector of east Antarctica.

"Sea ice conditions have remained stable in Antarctica generally," Allison said.

Ice core drilling in the fast ice off Australia's Davis Station in East Antarctica by the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Co-Operative Research Center shows that last year, the ice had a maximum thickness of 1.89m, its densest in 10 years.

A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517035,00.html

Over 31,000 scientists believe that at a minimum, more research is needed before coming to a conclusion regarding global warming and its causes... and you are seeking to discredit every single one of them? They organization has a list of every single scientist who signed their petition.

seriously, there are scientists on both sides of the issue, but there is only one side that I know of that has been caught with their pants down showing deliberate bias, changing data, hiding data, and manipulating data... and it wasn't the skeptics.

Archived