THE BROWNS BOARD

Bengals WR Henry has Died

TheClevelandSound

Sure, we don't know the details of the situation, but honestly man, the list of "good reasons to jump into the bed of a moving pickup truck that your girlfriend is driving away from you" is pretty short.

Maybe the ground was lava, and he had to get off before burning his feet. That's about the only reason I can think of, honestly. It truly wasn't a good idea, he shouldn't have done it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now I'm a girl because I care when somebody dies. I forgot, being a "man" is sitting back on the couch, opening up a nice cold brewski, sticking your hand down the front of your Wranglers, and fondling your nuts while watching good old fashioned American sports. Don't forget the big old wad of Copenhagen stuck between your lip and gum, and the beer's got to be American too. None of that pussy imported stuff, am I right?

At first I was pissed at you, but now I realized you're just an idiot. And hey, that's fine. Not everybody can afford to go to high school for all four years.

Also, I like how you validate yourself by calling me a girl. Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

Dude, get yourself a good cry and everything will be okay, I promise. If I was there I'd give you a big old hug.

Holy shit has this board become pussified, I gotta make time to get back on here more often. Why not, the Browns beat Pittspuke finally.

Who is Cleveland Sound and why are you threatening to close the thread? WTF? I'm a mod, maybe I'll just delete the whole thing then Timmy Todd can talk about jacking off in a much better light.

Dude, get yourself a good cry and everything will be okay, I promise. If I was there I'd give you a big old hug.

Holy shit has this board become pussified, I gotta make time to get back on here more often. Why not, the Browns beat Pittspuke finally.

Who is Cleveland Sound and why are you threatening to close the thread? WTF? I'm a mod, maybe I'll just delete the whole thing then Timmy Todd can talk about jacking off in a much better light.

Once again with the belittling my manhood comment. It's what people resort to when they have no other viable comebacks. Which is quite alright, you were proven to be a douchebag, and that's all I had intended.

Take the high road, Riffer.

The high road?

All I wanted to do was get the board hopping.

See how easy that was?

PS Cept Timmy Todd doesn't like me now, that's the only thing......okay, back to work and later on.

I guess it went over your head, K. No sense explaining it at this point.

PS Your welcome on the Politico Board any day of the week.

No I get it John. I made a joke about death and you had an issue with that. I was going to make a joke about CLEANING IT UP, but... Why is laughter and death taboo? I wouldn't expect less in the event of my death. And yes, my family members did not expect anything less either.

People think their body is the end of their journey. The sooner people realize that, the less they will associate utter sadness with death.

I guess that is the last THROW he will take.

Not funny or cool but let's keep this in perspective here, this guy was a moron ten times over and led a piece of shit life that is well documented. I can only begin to imagine what him and Pacman behaved like daily in their dorm room together, but I'm sure part of it consisted of picking on any and every white boy they came in contact with.

People all over the world die everyday, it's life. I'm not going to get all choked up over someone like Chris Henry, who BTW, was doing something totally typical of his moron self.....even after he supposedly changed his life around.

Keep it in perspective folks.

Exactly. Men and women die in Iraq and Afghanistan also, fighting for this country. Policemen and women get gunned down while sitting in a diner eating before going on shift. While I'm not happy he died, it sounds like it could definetely have been prevented. Also, RIP.

Douche.

He meant clean up your grammar ... "should have" instead of "should of" ... but he's not really a douche, it's just that his teenage son beat his ass in fantasy football last week and is about to beat him again this week.

Zombo

--Poor old fart is losing the "man of the house" designation....

He meant clean up your grammar ... "should have" instead of "should of" ... but he's not really a douche, it's just that his teenage son beat his ass in fantasy football last week and is about to beat him again this week.

Zombo

--Poor old fart is losing the "man of the house" designation....

Thanks for clearing this up, Zombo (I think).

Slow day at work......................even gave the "Your" clue.

Settle down tough guy. It is well documented what an idiot he was. Of course people like you overreact to something and read much more into it. Are you all concerned right now over the local east Clevelander that just died today? Doubt it. Just cuz this dude played pro ball doesn't exclude him from what is expected of decent societal behavior. Never said I was happy about it, but I prefer to mourn the loss of our military personnel, my loved ones and friends and even those types of the ilk that Sowell killed. This guy was handed a plate of gold and pissed all over it most of his life (or at least playing career). I certainly feel for his family and all that, but I'm not going to lose sleep over someone like Chris Henry dying by being a complete idiot. I also have a friend whose kid lived in the same dorm as those two at WV. I know more than you think.

Let the moral onslaught begin. Give me some more of Timmy Couch Tough Guy.

I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

Just my opinion,

Heidi

I saw some pictures of the accident scene, it happened on what looked to be a fairly sharp bend. She was probably driving at a high rate of speed and he was likely thrown out the side as the truck rounded the bend. He had a cast on left arm making it that much more difficult to hang on. Climbing into the back of a pickup truck was not a good decision. And wtf was she thinking to continue driving down the road with him back there? Two bad decisions combined cost the man his life.

I saw some pictures of the accident scene, it happened on what looked to be a fairly sharp bend. She was probably driving at a high rate of speed and he was likely thrown out the side as the truck rounded the bend. He had a cast on left arm making it that much more difficult to hang on. Climbing into the back of a pickup truck was not a good decision. And wtf was she thinking to continue driving down the road with him back there? Two bad decisions combined cost the man his life.

I don't think we have begun to hear the whole story. Imagine if Tiger Woods had has similar injuries from his car crash where his wife took a nine iron to him?

There is obviously more to this "domestic dispute" than perhaps we know at this point.

Here are the obituaries from the Leakin' Urinal for today, just to give some perspective:

Obituaries1-10 of 4,462 Notices NEXT

Ronald E. Mitchell Sr. 12/19/2009 Ronald E. Mitchell, Sr., 60, passed away Dec. 14, 2009. Announcements later. (Stewart & Calhoun, 330-535-1543) more...

Jack F. Boesiger 12/17/2009 Jack F. Boesiger, 54, passed away Dec. 1, 2009 at the Veterans Hospital in Phoenix, Ariz. after a long illness.He is survived by his parents, Jack and Dolores; son, Shawn (Yvette) Boesiger; brother... more...

William Buffe 12/17/2009 William Buffe, 92, died on Saturday, December 12, 2009, after a long struggle to regain his health following heart surgery in June.Bill was born in Detroit, Michigan, and grew up in nearby Jackson.... more...

Homer L. Heiser 12/17/2009 Homer L. 'Butch' HeiserTALLMADGE -- Homer L. 'Butch' Heiser, 68, passed away December 14, 2009.Born in Akron, Homer had lived in Tallmadge since 1942. He served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam ... more...

Donald Wiley Moore 12/17/2009 Donald Wiley Moore, 84, of Canal Fulton, passed away quietly on Tuesday morning, December 15, 2009.Don was born in Sistersville, West Virginia, but had resided in Canal Fulton for 55 years. He was ... more...

Lee Etta Smith 12/17/2009 Lee Etta Smith passed away December 13, 2009. Announcements later. (Stewart & Calhoun, 330-535-1543) more...

Mable C. Coleman 12/16/2009 Mable C. Coleman, 70, of Randolph, died Tuesday, December 15, 2009. Arrangements to be announced by Shorts-Spicer-Crislip Funeral Home Ravenna Chapel. more...

Dennis E. Combs 12/16/2009 Dennis E. Combs, 60, passed away on December 14, 2009.He was born in Parsons, W. Va. on March 11, 1949 to the late William and Ollie Combs. Dennis retired from Anderson-DuBose in Solon after 25 yea... more...

Marjorie Mae Carmany 12/16/2009 Marjorie Mae Carmany, 91 passed away Sunday, December 13, 2009, surrounded by family, after declining health.Funeral service THURSDAY 11 a.m. at the Swigart-Easterling Funeral Home, 624 East Cherry... more...

Chailendra D. Walker 12/16/2009 Chailendra D. Walker, (Lynn), 41, was called home to be with the Lord December 12, 2009.A memorial service will be Saturday, Dec. 19, at Pavilion of Praise, 976 W. Waterloo Rd. more...

I know, many of these lived much longer, perhaps fuller lives than Henry. Nonetheless, this is to simply demonstrate that the death of a "celebrity" is in reality no more mournful than the death of all these people

I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

Just my opinion,

Heidi

Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

Heidi

Archived