THE BROWNS BOARD

Weis... how much does his endorsement really mean?

osusev

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser) --Flugs

There wasn't enough Prozac in the keg for me.

Apparently, DA looked good to a few people out there, even those not born and bred in the home of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.

Here's another little ditty dedicated to those special few that can't quite see through a QB with the 31st QB rating.

In lieu of the new James Bond soon to be released, here's:

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY by the piece of ass Sheena Easton

This is dedicated to Lums and his Merry Band of DAsters

For your eyes only, can see me through the night

For your eyes only, I never need to hide

You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new

I never felt until I looked at you

For your eyes only, only for you

You'll see what noone else can see, and now I'm breaking free

The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me

Only for you, only for you

For your eyes only, the nights are never cold

You really know me, that's all I need to know

Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine

But you won't need to read between the lines

You see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free

The passions that collide in me, the wild abandoned side of me

Only for you, for your eyes only

WOW....just WOW...dude that was funny

What is there really to talk about? We aren't going to the playoffs, we haven't played a game in like a month it seems, and we all seem to agree where the problems lie. I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game. We need help on defense and I think we need a new head coach. I also think we got spoiled last year with playoff talk this time of year and it sucks not having that this year.

He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.

Worth laughing about:

Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.

- Tom F. (About the gay record, we played a defense that could have been replaced by Stanford's starting 11. Shall we talk about the rematch where Dumb Ass threw 4 INTs and we had 5 different trips that went past the Cincy 29 without a single point? You're supposed to get better with every start not regress into "looks like a rookie QB")

Worth laughing about:

Now that Oregon State has upgraded their QB position from Dumb Ass to intelligence nobody in the Pac 10 is suddenly beating USC more frequently than the Beavers. The only person on this planet that I know of that wants to picket such a reality is Loverboy, the author formerly known as Lums. He shows up on many screens as the Invisible Man.

- Tom F.

Is he really working for the weekend?

Is he really working for the weekend?

LOL! :lol:

I know - you almost forget DA got paid to play Santa Claus to the Ratbird Defense. They loved the 3 TD Passes he gift wrapped to their defense this year. When they replaced Kyle Boller at Qb with a smart kid it was like Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Well, we just replaced our Kyle Boller too and I couldn't be more excited about the potential for progress.

- Tom F. (I'm just pissed it took 8 weeks to discover our previous starting QB had the decision making skills of a raccoon crossing the highway at night. That blew a tunnel in our hopes but let's hope the collateral damage wasn't too extensive)

LMAO! Hey idiot those aren't "records" those are rankings.

Vegasdogg did you fall off the wagon again? As I correctly stated, Anderson's name is all over the "record book", and those numbers indeed came from the "Record Book". Stay away from the whiskey big guy, you can't handle your alcohol.

I think Quinn can really put an end to the DA vs. Quinn bs around here Monday night if he plays as well as he played last game.

As we've seen over and over from Charlie Frye and now his twin bro Quinn, a 65% completion percentage doesn't win football games especially when the D is allowed to load up the box.

And on the flip side of your theory, what do you think happens if Quinn loses again?

Nothing happens if we lose on Monday. Quinn will get the same number of starts that your boyfriend got. I'm hoping that he puts an end to the discussion very soon so that your sorry ass will be gone from here and on to whatever team that Anderson ends up with next season.

As we've seen over and over from Charlie Frye and now his twin bro Quinn, a 65% completion percentage doesn't win football games especially when the D is allowed to load up the box.

And on the flip side of your theory, what do you think happens if Quinn loses again?

You keep bringing up a pro bowl QB? What did he do in the game with all those pro bowl players? Not a thing. He looked worse than a high school QB. What did he complete like 7-26 or something? Get over BQ is the started the rest of the year unless he gets hurt. I think your a little mad that BQ can throw the short passes and DA is to stupid to figure it out. How did that deep ball work for him? Not to good when you can't hit the blind side of a barn. What 1 out every 7 passes are on target. Not good my man. Everytime you post we all just shake are heads at how gay you are for DA.

How funny, tool, idiot a bunch of name calling for people who purport to be adults who feel in order to strengthen their positions on a topic name calling like a 5 year old child is effective.

Legacy you must have forgot that OSU had Texas as game 2 on thier schedule for a couple of years and the FACT unlike Notre Dame we have actually won a national championship within the last 6 years.

We did play ND head to head and destroyed Quinn and company along with that overhyped media darling Weis in a bowl game.

Did Notre Dame just recently drop the academic standards for players that willingham wanted for Weis in order to be competitive? how did that work out? As for Clausen I thought the developmental skills of Weis should be in full effect....

All of you after ONE LOSS TO A TERRIBLE DEFENSE are ready to herald the age of Quinn.... IF that is not completely irrational I dont know what is. WE LOST and yes you people have been blaming DA for TEAM losses non stop and you know it. Suddenly the other factors are important now that Quinn was the QB and we still lost the same way even though he had more tools and a piss poor defense to play against.

How funny, tool, idiot a bunch of name calling for people who purport to be adults who feel in order to strengthen their positions on a topic name calling like a 5 year old child is effective.

Legacy you must have forgot that OSU had Texas as game 2 on thier schedule for a couple of years and the FACT unlike Notre Dame we have actually won a national championship within the last 6 years.

We did play ND head to head and destroyed Quinn and company along with that overhyped media darling Weis in a bowl game.

Did Notre Dame just recently drop the academic standards for players that willingham wanted for Weis in order to be competitive? how did that work out? As for Clausen I thought the developmental skills of Weis should be in full effect....

All of you after ONE LOSS TO A TERRIBLE DEFENSE are ready to herald the age of Quinn.... IF that is not completely irrational I dont know what is. WE LOST and yes you people have been blaming DA for TEAM losses non stop and you know it. Suddenly the other factors are important now that Quinn was the QB and we still lost the same way even though he had more tools and a piss poor defense to play against.

Look at the way DA plays and then BQ. Do you really think DA is better? For the love of god I hope not. I would rather have dorsey than DA. What is the beef with BQ? If you hate ND big deal get over it. I am the biggest ohio state fan there is and I for one don't hate BE.

The difference between blaming DA for the earlier losses and not Quinn for the loss to Denver is that DA played like shit in every game this season except for the Giants game. Even an average performance against Washington, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore (twice) and we win all 4 of those games this year. That is why those losses are being pinned on Anderson and why even though we lost to Denver, we scored 30 points and the offense moved the ball all game long.

The difference between blaming DA for the earlier losses and not Quinn for the loss to Denver is that DA played like shit in every game this season except for the Giants game. Even an average performance against Washington, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore (twice) and we win all 4 of those games this year. That is why those losses are being pinned on Anderson and why even though we lost to Denver, we scored 30 points and the offense moved the ball all game long.

Yes Mark, we all know that, those of us who live and die with this team. But for those who are more worried about being right by backing DA, they're never going to back down. They'll follow Queen into the grave laughing the whole time.

How any fooking body in their right minds can still support DA over Queen as a supposed real Browns fan boggles my mind man. DA has a 68 QBR people, he's 31st in the league and hasn't done shit since the midway point last season.

Yes Mark, we all know that, those of us who live and die with this team. But for those who are more worried about being right by backing DA, they're never going to back down. They'll follow Queen into the grave laughing the whole time.

How any fooking body in their right minds can still support DA over Queen as a supposed real Browns fan boggles my mind man. DA has a 68 QBR people, he's 31st in the league and hasn't done shit since the midway point last season.

It's because they are GAY and totally in LOVE with DA. Guys I really don't think DA swings that way. Sorry to break your hearts.

a. John Cooper.

b. And the record with Texas is split 1-1 (lets not forget what happened the year you beat Texas in week two when you finally played a real football team).

c. National Championship? I hate Miami* and they still got jobbed.

d. What point are you trying to make re: Weis, Willingham, academics? Are you inferring Tyrone brought in a bunch of dummies? Last I checked their program is repeatedly rewarded for graduating 90% of their players and is only second all-time behind that other perennial powerhouse, Duke. :lol:

I mean, BQ's double major in poly-sci & finance is no robbery & resisting arrest (*cough* clarett *cough*) but then again, he doesn't have a national title to whistle "Glory days" to while nervously showering in the State Pen.

Clausen. Compare his stats last year to this year. I know you're used to rewarding regression (DA) but that's not how it works elsewhere.

*Miami, Florida - not the JV Ohio squad you warm up to every season.

Im not in love with Da like the chanting crowds for BQ nor do I hate the kid. I have been talking about Team flaws not QB problems while most of you have been screaming about DA and pointing to any flaw as to why we need to change to bq for some positive change....

Well we lost to a piss poor defense and he had more tools and we lost the same and after ONE game suddenly the high throws, low throws, catches bailed out by KW, 3 -4 throws in a row in the redzone for no td, the "cockpit" NEVER are used as criticisms even though that is exactly what happened during the game.

He had the ball at the end of the game and threw incompletes that ended the game and nothing from the same micro criticizing group. Suddenly those are GONE and now the same people are now looking at the other things because supposably the QB spot is taken care of.

Legacy come on you know the ND program is not a good program anymore nor is it anywhere near the OSU program. ND is a joke and not even ranked anymore, during bq era they lost to oregan state and ohio state and LSU. You know they lowered the standards for Weis it was news in order to rebuild the program.

You cant even talk about Heisman or national championship or even winning bowl games because ND has not done that for quite some time. You are only on the national concious from the prior accomplishments from the 80's and one movie that starred a hobbit.

114 yards vs DAL

166 yards vs PIT

125 yards vs BAL

138 yards vs CIN

138 yards vs WAS

219 yards vs BAL

Why don't you explain to the board how those are not dink and dunk numbers.

Comon now Sev, start spouting statistics and averages and --------that is you. Move to Oregon, or CA.

What a fooking whiner. Pull the tampon out, Sev. Jesus man you sound like a little girl. Nobody was jumping for joy over the loss. People were happy we have a QB that has two brain cells.

You're boy is becoming exposed as a non-leader and a poor general on the field. I thought I saw everything until your little bitch went running for the sidelines during the hurry up offense looking for a play.

And yes is time to "herald the age of Quinn" because DA had his chance and couldn't rise to the challenge. His time is but a footnote in Browns football.

Diehard I have put out the statistics of DA's last 5 games and it means nothing to the pro quinn crowd. "cockpit" teams whose defensive rating suck, bail out catches by Kw and BE, Locking onto KW something BQ DID EXACTLy, are all used to criticize anything he did now suddenly none of those things are in play.

BQ has done NOTHING yet and the fans PERCEPTION is not fact. He led us to a loss... is it all his fault? NO but it would be if it was DA. ITs not his team permanently it is for the rest of the season and thats it until he proves what Fans THINK he may have. Nothing has been decided as much as the pro bq crowd thinks it is.

He had the ball at the end of the game and threw incompletes that ended the game and nothing from the same micro criticizing group. Suddenly those are GONE and now the same people are now looking at the other things because supposably the QB spot is taken care of.
Wow. A prime-time game and you missed it.

Legacy come on you know the ND program is not a good program anymore nor is it anywhere near the OSU program. ND is a joke and not even ranked anymore, during bq era they lost to oregan state and ohio state and LSU. You know they lowered the standards for Weis it was news in order to rebuild the program.
That's an awfully bold statement with no news story to back it up. Hell, I'd even read something from the blogosphere.

You cant even talk about Heisman or national championship or even winning bowl games because ND has not done that for quite some time. You are only on the national concious from the prior accomplishments from the 80's and one movie that starred a hobbit.

Until 2002 OSU feasted on the woody hayes era. Pot, meet kettle. (And if we want to get stupid over it, ND still leads the pack with 8 recognized NC's compared to OSU's 5). BQ was a finalist for the heisman his jr & sr years. Why can't I fcuking talk about it? Because Troys Myth won 2 years ago? How's he holding up sitting behind 1-Delaware-A Flacco?

Give me a break.

He led us to a loss... is it all his fault? NO but it would be if it was DA.

Just when I thought I read the dumbest thing ever.....

Dude. Go back and read all of the praises and adulation DA got the last time he posted a 3-effing-digit QB rating. Now, go back and review everything he's done since then. :unsure:

He led us to a loss... is it all his fault? NO but it would be if it was DA. ITs not his team permanently it is for the rest of the season and thats it until he proves what Fans THINK he may have. Nothing has been decided as much as the pro bq crowd thinks it is.

That's not true. Had Anderson put up those numbers and moved the offense like that and we still lost, the blame would've been on the defense where it should be. The problem is that Anderson rarely (if ever) had a good game in a game that we lost. As near as I can remember, he never had a game moving the offense like that in a game that we ended losing. Most games that we lost when DA was QB, he played like shit.

Yes Mark, we all know that, those of us who live and die with this team. But for those who are more worried about being right by backing DA, they're never going to back down.

You mean like you've done for the last year and a half for the golden domer? Is that why there's such bitterness about the defense and RAC right now?

When you go claiming all year that the only problem was the QB and then switch course 180 degrees the moment the new QB comes in and loses.....then you're just a hypocrite.

are all used to criticize anything he did now suddenly none of those things are in play.

1 - Because he has not done this game after game after game, costing us chances to win. Quinn will most certainly cost us games. The key here is DA could not beat the good teams. We'll see about Quinn.

2 - You act like we're all supposed to get schitzo over Quinn and start slamming him for no INT's, 2 TD's and a chance at the end to win the game.

3 - Everything is in play. Why are you reluctant to give the kid a chance? DA had his honeymoon period too, ya know.

When you go claiming all year that the only problem was the QB and then switch course 180 degrees the moment the new QB comes in and loses.....then you're just a hypocrite.

Here we go with the revisionist historians again. Do you remember the Cincy game? Well I do, and that is when this board started to put the heat on DA all offseason. We gave him a chance -- hell I said he should have started -- but he has failed.

Now get over it already you psychotic freakshow.

The Cincy game last year was the start. Pittsburgh this year, both Baltimore games, Washington game this yea, Cincy game this year (despite the win) all were examples of how far DA had fallen. If it wasn't for the Giants game this year, he would've played poorly in EVERY game this season.

At what point does someone deserve to lose their job in your world Lumpdick? Fact is...a coach with any balls would've pulled DA at some point this season weeks ago to at least make an attempt to see what Quinn could do and to change things up in a game where the offense looked like shit.

He's lucky he held onto the job as long as he did this season with how poorly he played.

Poor Sev. He's really not a Browns fan. He's a college football fan and a Buckeye. Nothing wrong with that, but his flat out disgust for anything ND makes it impossible to see reality.

Again, we're all waiting for Sev to bust out a fact pattern to support his position. Instead, we get psycho-babble double talk.

I guess he did point out the "fact" that DA's first start was better than Quinn's. Oops. Wait. Sev had the first Cincy game last year as DA's first start. It wasn't.

Oh, then he qualified it with "first start after having been given the team".

Guy never really had an credibility and then goes ahead and actually starts this thread?

Sev, you're utterly and totally lost. Give up. Seriously.

You mean like you've done for the last year and a half for the golden domer? Is that why there's such bitterness about the defense and RAC right now?

Lumsford, I recommend a nice bottle of Chianti, a warm fire, some of your tunes I given you the lyrics to, your Derek Bear Doll and a box of tissues to cry this one out. You obviously haven't come to grips that here in Cleveland we get rid of QB's that suck. Ones that cost us the playoffs by posting 4 picks, posting a sub 70 QBR since the midpoint of last season, handling a two minute drill like Richard Simmons on ecstacy and overall costing this team many wins. This is not acceptable to us here, now some of you may harbor a little ill will to the ND QB taking his spot, but really fellers, it all comes down to the suckage that was DA.

RIP in Cleveland DA or pray for Queen to get hurt, cause things be looking bleak and shit.

Archived