THE BROWNS BOARD

Weis... how much does his endorsement really mean?

osusev

Currently 5-4 and looking at another losing season with a cream puff schedule. Jimmy Clausen well SUCKS...

Between RAC and Weis both beneficiaries of being in proximity to Belicheck but neither really are producing nothing on thier own. I remember all of the talk of being pro ready and Weis said this and that about BQ. How much water does that really hold?

We will se what BQ can do over the next few games if he can lead us to WIN as a team considering it was supposably the QB position holding us back.

So if we lose 80% of our next 7 games what then?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weis was fresh out of the pros from a successful NE team and happened upon 2 years of BQ.

It holds a lot of water. Especially since it jives with everything we know of Quinn. Now if he was saying the same thing about Claussen, or was one of those guys who said rosey things about everybody, then maybe it would be watered down. This isn't the case though. He's known as a straight shooter to the point of being rude, or even an a-hole.

Weis was spot on and it holds water.

Currently 5-4 and looking at another losing season with a cream puff schedule. Jimmy Clausen well SUCKS...

Between RAC and Weis both beneficiaries of being in proximity to Belicheck but neither really are producing nothing on thier own. I remember all of the talk of being pro ready and Weis said this and that about BQ. How much water does that really hold?

We will se what BQ can do over the next few games if he can lead us to WIN as a team considering it was supposably the QB position holding us back.

Sev, the buckeyes just finally grew a set and played USC. Now they have a schedule equivalent to ND's.

Sevster, you lost dude, time to come clean. You were wrong about DA and the team has moved on to Quinn. Whether they win or lose, as long as his QB rating isn't in the 60's and he's doing his job we know who the QB is, so don't try to blame a defensive collapse on the QB. DA had plenty of games where the defense did its job.

Nice effort trying to spin Weiss and RAC 'n ROLLS as having something to do with Quinn. You are now consumed with this, maybe you can be the Ohio version of Lums.

You had me at "since BB let the two go, CW and RAC have done shit." I agree.

Who cares what CW says about Quinn. Means about as much as what you or the OSU coach says about DA.

Question: have you seen the stats of Quinn when he was with ND while Weis was there? Did you notice the DRAMATIC change in not only the Irish team but also QUINN????

You didn't?

Well maybe you can tell me a similar Epiphany experienced by Derek Anderson. I doubt you can, but I am all ears.

I think the point is Charlie Weis knows QB's and in fact he coached the Best in the NFL - - when he says the QB he just coached @ Notre Dame IS NFL ready, I doubt you know better.

Better yet, why don't we play a game, Sev.

You post up numbers that indicate why DA should still be starting, and I will counter those numbers. Agreed? Wanna play?

I hope so, because I have a feeling you want to.

I will start:

Quinn threw 14 INTS's and 65 TD's his Jr and Sr Season.

I believer CW knows what he's talking about when it comes to the qb position simply from what he was around prior to going to ND. If he thinks BQ is a big talent and has all the talent/leadership skills, I'm buyin' it. I personally could see a difference in just the way the qb's come off when doing interviews...BQ comes off like he's confident and has some leadership skill to him, DA comes off as a guy with a big arm that is playing the qb position in the NFL....well was~

Sheeeeeet, Sev used to be a somewhat respected poster in these parts until he went all batshit trying to prove he was right all along about DA. We keep hearing how nothing was ever DA's fault and we all picked on him too much, but then it come to be that Sev really doesn't read the rest of the board, just the DA/BQ stuff. Hell, even in this thread he tried to make it look like it was about Weiss or something but all he did was try to say if the defense of the Browns continues its collapse, it will be Quinn's fault just like it was supposedly the QB with the 31st rating in the league.

Sev, feel free to read the rest of the board and address some other things, I actually took some time to write out some lengthy things on the team. Have you even read them?

More guys coming in and starting their own threads and running, then they'll come back just to check in on their own threads while not bothering to read the rest of the board.

GET OFF DA'S COCK PEOPLE, THE TEAM IS QUINN'S UNLESS HE GETS HURT FROM HERE ON OUT FOREVER.

YOU DA LOVERS LOST, IT'S OVER AND TIME TO MOVE ON, YOU MAY AS WELL BACK QUINN UNLESS YOU'RE FROM OREGON AND STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE!!!!!!

Oh, and who gives a flying shit what Weiss says or my mom says or what Quinn did in college or blah, blah blah. Dude just hung thirty his first start with no prep time and had a rating of over a 100. He showed all the aspects of the game that DA lacks, like mobility, pocket presence, accuracy and poise.

The shows over, it's BQ from here on out and it has nothing to do with what he did prior to now.

Guest Masters

Well, seeing how Tom Brady himself says he is the QB he is because of Weiss, it carries some weight. Whether Weiss is a good HEAD COACH in college, has no baring on his ability to coach a QB or recognize talent at QB. They are not even related.

By the twisted logic you are trying to use Sev, then if Pete Carol says something about any USC player being NFL ready, we should ignore him too. I mean he had no success at the pro level.

Also, this is just a reminder of the biggest issue at ND, compared to other teams. Their accedemic standards. Those are far higher than any other BCS school. It's hard to get the best athlete and student at the same time.

THE TEAM IS QUINN'S UNLESS HE GETS HURT FROM HERE ON OUT FOREVER.

No, Quinn will have to win at some point. Just like his protoge Charlie Frye, Quinn will need to expand from the dink and dunk if he wants to have a future as a starter in the NFL. If he can't get it figured out he won't be around Cleveland past this season, let alone "forever"

I think Sev wants Quinn to fail. I'm not sure why because that means we have no QBs instead of 1...that's bad.

So much for being a fan of the Browns, and not just Derek Anderson.

take a look in the mirror. You and 90% of this board prayed for DA to throw a pick every time he dropped back to pass.

And the Browns do have 1 QB. He's 25 with a Pro Bowl resume and his name all over the Browns record books.

They might have another one, but they don't know yet.

considering it was supposably the QB position holding us back.

What is it with you DA revisionist historians making shit up out of thin air? This isn't some after school Browns board where people have decided to watch the Browns because of their colors or because of a certain player starting for the team. We're here 24/7 dude. We know what we're talking about when it comes to the Browns.

Nobody I know of on this board - NOBODY - said everything would be fixed once we dumped DA. I get the fealing YOU DA lovers WANT it that way so you can point the finger ans say "see, it was not all DA's fault."

Hey idiot, we never said DA was the one and only reason we suck. We did say it was his fault for having such a shit QB rating and putrid performances. DA needed to sit, and let me tell you if we had a similar player to Quinn at WR we would send BE to the bench as well.

You think people here hate DA. They don't. They are so sick and tired of losing and being let down. Notice how people are calling for RAC's and PS's heads? Because we blame them as well.

You just don't get it, Sev. You and the Oregonian's of the board have no clue.

You and 90% of this board prayed for DA to throw a pick every time he dropped back to pass.

Sadly that is probably the way you see it. You have become the most rediculous poster in the history of the internet. Go slit your wrists or something, you big fooking whiner. I know Oregon is depressing with all the clouds during the winter, but I think you linked your happiness too tightly to DA's starting status. End this miserable life already.

Pro Bowl resume and his name all over the Browns record books.

In regards to the Pro Bowl, he got lit the fook up even though they used HIS playbook style. How do you fook up that game when they're calling YOUR FOOKING PLAYS?????

Secondly, what records does DA hold for the Browns? Care to list them here?

If he can't get it figured out he won't be around Cleveland past this season, let alone "forever"

He'll have the same 25 games Derek Anderson had. Something tells me he'll use those 25 games a lot better than DA did. Count on it.

See -- we don't need our QB in the Pro Bowl. We need the TEAM in the PLAYOFFS. Capice?

He'll have the same 25 games Derek Anderson had. Something tells me he'll use those 25 games a lot better than DA did. Count on it.

So he'll have more than 6,034 passing yards, more than 43 TD passes and a plane ticket to Honolulu by 25 games?

If he doesn't lose too many of these games coming up, he'll get a chance to try.

Secondly, what records does DA hold for the Browns? Care to list them here?

He owns the record for TD passes in a game. He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.

What's funny is Sev constantly claims the rest of us blame everything on the QB, but then turns around and throws expectations on Queen and isn't even willing to give him the 25 games DA had as a starter. Meanwhile, I never see him posting anywhere but in a DA/BQ thread.

As far as the Great Lumwadicus goes, it's to be expected by now how delusional one in love man from Oregon can be.

Should be time for ONB and the Gimp to chime in by now.

What's funny is Sev constantly claims the rest of us blame everything on the QB, but then turns around and throws expectations on Queen and isn't even willing to give him the 25 games DA had as a starter. Meanwhile, I never see him posting anywhere but in a DA/BQ thread.

As far as the Great Lumwadicus goes, it's to be expected by now how delusional one in love man from Oregon can be.

Should be time for ONB and the Gimp to chime in by now.

I put those tools on ignore; their inane posts were making my eyes bleed

First off, when your starting Qb has thrown 3 INTs for TDs to the Ratbird defense it clobbers your team's chances of winning. You can't stay stupid at Qb and expect to beat teams very consistently.

As for ND, I think the ESPN Mike & Mike show covered this topic extremely well. ND isn't getting the borderline students they ALLOWED Lou Holtz to bring in (ie; Tony Rice). They've put their foot down. And I don't care if you're BB - you do NOT win when you don't have a GREAT QB. Weis won when he had a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB, convenient or not to this discussion.

BB lost with Todd Philcox - just like he was losing MOST of the games Bledsoe sarted for him in NE. Clausen is a TRUE sophmore and he's either 2-1 or 3-1 vrs the Big 10 this year. They only lost to MSU and beat Michigan, Purdue and i think Northwestern. He's improving as is ND. When Weis had Brady Quinn as his QB he was winning an overwhelming majority of his games. Ironically, when BB had Tom Brady as his QB he won an overwhelming majority of his games. Coincidence?

If I look at college football's finest teams they all have very efficient QBs for their offenses:

Alabama - Didn't Parker-Wilson start all 4 years? What was their record last year? He's grown up my friends.

Florida - Rumor has it their QB gets a lot of respect across the country.

Texas Tech - If you haven't watched their passing game - make sure you do.

Texas - The kid is special.

Oklahoma - Their QB started as a freshman and they're an elite program.

USC - Sanchez likes to play a little game called "Simonsez Touchdown."

On the fringe: Georgia has a REALLY good soph QB that keeps them.

If you look at the biggest difference in LSU from 2007 to 2008 - it's the QB position. Same with Auburn IMO.

Years ago, you could win championships just by playing grerat defense and supplementing that with a sound running game. Not any more IMO. If you disagree, find me a national champion contender with a cruddy QB and we can discuss it a little further. I'm not saying they NEED to be pro prospects, I'm saying they're extremely efficient for their college offenses.

When Nick Saban coached at Michigan State - did they ever lose LESS than 4 games a year? Why else do you think he left the Big 10? The guy went somewhere he wasn't going to get everyone else's tablescraps. He went to a QB belt in the Southeast where legends like Favre, Manning, Bradshaw grew up and snagged some very good college QBs to head up his offenses. At MSU, he wasn't getting the Kerry Collins, Joe Germaines, Bobby Hoyings, Tom Bradys, Brian Grieses, Elvis Grbacs. When he realized he wasn't REALLY upgrading the program from George Perles - did he stay or spray?

Did LSU get worse when Saban left? It doesn't look like it. What happened was Perilloux should be wearing an ankle braclet instead of a football uniform and he got booted from the school as a result. They'll get another top recruit next year and the program will stay on auto-pilot. All this said, Saban deserves some degree of credit for putting LSU into the elite. Now it's incredibly easy to recruit there right?

Now Saban's in Alabama where they once enjoyed a proud tradition at QB and THIS season is exactly what that program needs to bridge the now to then. Now recruits will be competing for Alabama as opposed to Alabama competing for recruits.

- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser)

He's 2nd for TDs in a season. 5th for yards in a season. And he's already in the Browns top 8 for career yards and TDs. He's also the only QB who hasn't posted a losing W/L record since the reincarnation of the Browns.

LMAO! Hey idiot those aren't "records" those are rankings. Top 8? Are you seriously pimping that stat?

And what was his W-L record this season? 3-5? Talk about making a stand for mediocrity.......So his claim to fame is being a better QB than Dilfer, Couch, Frye, Wynn, McCown and Holcomb?

Go cut down a pine tree or something.

So he'll have more than 6,034 passing yards, more than 43 TD passes and a plane ticket to Honolulu by 29 games?

I fixed it for you.

He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!

And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !

You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.

I fixed it for you.

He also had 34 INT's and avg'd under 50% completions while logging a 68.9% QB rating. 68.9% ? ? ? ? That is below suckage. That is looking up at severe suckage!

And who cares what his stats are? We don't care if he goes to HI. We want to buy OUR tickets to the Playoff Games. We don't travel to the Pro Bowl, we travel to the P L A Y O F F S !

You're pulling for one guy. How pathetic. We're pulling for the Browns. Big difference.

Indeed; so why even engage that tool in debate?

- Tom F. (When Dumb Ass was our starting QB I had to put prozac in my pez dispenser) --Flugs

There wasn't enough Prozac in the keg for me.

Apparently, DA looked good to a few people out there, even those not born and bred in the home of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.

Here's another little ditty dedicated to those special few that can't quite see through a QB with the 31st QB rating.

In lieu of the new James Bond soon to be released, here's:

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY by the piece of ass Sheena Easton

This is dedicated to Lums and his Merry Band of DAsters

For your eyes only, can see me through the night

For your eyes only, I never need to hide

You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new

I never felt until I looked at you

For your eyes only, only for you

You'll see what noone else can see, and now I'm breaking free

For your eyes only, only for you

The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me

Only for you, only for you