THE BROWNS BOARD

Qb Comparison against the same team

osusev

The stats presented were a better representation of game management by both QB's thus far in the season than any other stats that were posted in this topic previously.

The whole point of me talking about semantics was to point out that you were being redundant. Furthermore, this "sentence" is grammatically Retarded.

So what I can gather from this clusterxxxx of the english language is that we're not allowed to use stats that paint Quinn in a favorable light, while you're allowed to use any stats that even remotely make Anderson look better. How many times has Derek Anderson beaten the Steelers?

so let me get this straight, now on a forum, english grammar is now subject to review by random anonymous posters?.... lol ok ..... and you are correct that English is not my native language and usually my writing reflects some structure issues..... that is being kind really.

Brady Quinn did not Beat the Steelers we won in SPITE of Brady quinn and his 31.5% comp rating for 90 yards.....lol.

Like I said it was a nice attempt to misdirect by using a totally different set of comparisons not even the same set as this post.....

I love "grammar" policeman on boards who attempt to use it to devalue a post..... funny.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so let me get this straight, now on a forum, english grammar is now subject to review by random anonymous posters?.... lol ok ..... and you are correct that English is not my native language and usually my writing reflects some structure issues..... that is being kind really.

Brady Quinn did not Beat the Steelers we won in SPITE of Brady quinn and his 31.5% comp rating for 90 yards.....lol.

Like I said it was a nice attempt to misdirect by using a totally different set of comparisons not even the same set as this post.....

I love "grammar" policeman on boards who attempt to use it to devalue a post..... funny.

I didn't use your weak grasp of the English language as an attempt to devalue what you had said. I simply stated that Quinn beat the Steelers, no matter how you put it, and that you only want to use the statistics that favor Anderson.

But whatever I was trying to say doesn't matter. The point is that Anderson is done, and no amount of huffing and puffing on your part can bring him back. So sorry, Charlie. Maybe you'll want to follow him, wherever he may end up, because you obviously don't care when the Browns win.

OSUSEV - you remind me of someone else who droned on and on about a subject even though it was obvious very few people agreed with him in afutile attempt to convince everyone that shit really isn't shit but a rose. He was also responsible for shutting down the ABJ board and has since been banned from numerous other Browns forums.

OSUSEV, Are you Rich4Eagle?!!!

I didn't use your weak grasp of the English language as an attempt to devalue what you had said. I simply stated that Quinn beat the Steelers, no matter how you put it, and that you only want to use the statistics that favor Anderson.

But whatever I was trying to say doesn't matter. The point is that Anderson is done, and no amount of huffing and puffing on your part can bring him back. So sorry, Charlie. Maybe you'll want to follow him, wherever he may end up, because you obviously don't care when the Browns win.

seriously Quinn BEAT the steelers...... completing 6 passes for 90 yards... 31.5% comp rating... No tds.... how many passing 3rd down conversion were there?

We won in SPITE of him.... beat the steelers..... I do care, however when Retarded statements about a qb who "beat" the steelers gets posted...... 90 yards no tds with a 31.5% comp rating.... and he beat the Steelers...

No he was ONE guy, Cribbs contributed more and you could say he helped beat the steelers.... the defense beat the steelers.... but Quinn was just there and we won in SPITE of him....

Yes I am Rich incarnated.... lmao, i appreciate the comparisons.

My weak grasp of the english language..... seriously? lol wow, how many languages do you speak? wait this is the internet its probably 10 lol.

seriously Quinn BEAT the steelers...... completing 6 passes for 90 yards... 31.5% comp rating... No tds.... how many passing 3rd down conversion were there?

We won in SPITE of him.... beat the steelers..... I do care, however when Retarded statements about a qb who "beat" the steelers gets posted...... 90 yards no tds with a 31.5% comp rating.... and he beat the Steelers...

No he was ONE guy, Cribbs contributed more and you could say he helped beat the steelers.... the defense beat the steelers.... but Quinn was just there and we won in SPITE of him....

Yes I am Rich incarnated.... lmao, i appreciate the comparisons.

My weak grasp of the english language..... seriously? lol wow, how many languages do you speak? wait this is the internet its probably 10 lol.

Osu, as much as I'm not liked, you are even more disliked. (Ok, maybe not) Even on Barfing hard they make fun of you. (Greythan in particular). You have a serious attitude problem, a "know it all" bullshit that irritates people.

Osu, as much as I'm not liked, you are even more disliked. (Ok, maybe not) Even on Barfing hard they make fun of you. (Greythan in particular). You have a serious attitude problem, a "know it all" bullshit that irritates people.

greythan.... yea thats because every single one of his posts and positional arguments he lost..... you will have that, and frankly I dont care about popularity and never have. the funny thing about knowledge it does infuriate those who dont have it.

greythan.... yea thats because every single one of his posts and positional arguments he lost..... you will have that, and frankly I dont care about popularity and never have. the funny thing about knowledge it does infuriate those who dont have it.

I can understand why you're so angry, then.

I can understand why you're so angry, then.

rubber and glue blah blah..... I see you pulled from your grade school bag of witty statements.....

or was that your "doctor" Phil moment ?

either way I assure you that your comment stung my poor sense of self and Your ashton Kutcher moment of "burn" is now indoctrined into my long term memory.....

rubber and glue blah blah..... I see you pulled from your grade school bag of witty statements.....

or was that your "doctor" Phil moment ?

either way I assure you that your comment stung my poor sense of self and Your ashton Kutcher moment of "burn" is now indoctrined into my long term memory.....

It was a joke, outie.

Are you still holding a grudge? Get over it. Shit happened last week.

Quinn vs the Bengals

15 of 34 100 yards no passing tds 1 rushing td 44% completion percentage

Team first downs 11

thrid down efficiency 28% 4/14

48 yards rushing (+10 yards rushing by quinn)

total net yards 169

final score 16-7 Bengals

top 21:49

Anderson vs the Bengals

26 of 48 269 yards 1 passing td 1 rushing td 1 interception 54% completion percentage

team first downs 22

third down efficiency 31% 6/19

total net yards 395

144 yards rushing (+2 yards rushing by anderson)

final score 23-20 Bengals

top 38:55

We do need playmakers but it is clear to me that the QB position regardless of who is the qb is NOT the most detrimental. Anderson was horrible but so was the entire offensive team and playcalling. This game and the one against pittsburgh in two weeks are good comparison samples against the same exact team within the year the team can see who is better to lead the team next year offensively.

OK, lets make a little more fair, BQ has only played in 13 career games

336 attempts

174 completions

51.8% completion percentage

1836 yards

10 td's

7 ints

with a QB rating 68.65%

DA over his last 16 games, keep in mind this is with 3 more games

437 attemps

208 completions

47.5% completion percentage

2296 yards

11 td's (only one more than Quinn, three more games)

17 int's (ten more in three more games)

51.35% QB rating

Look at the numbers, get off of BQ's back, your boy DA if a friggen bum! Quinn is out performing him, and is getting stronger as he closes in on a full season, while DA is going downhill fast the more he plays! Keep BQ, he is not the problem, cut DumbAss ass soon as possible, he is an average backup at best, while BQ may yet develop into something worth keeping in the future.

Exactly.

Look at the Vinny FlunkedtheTEstedverde interception ratings.

But Sev is just like Shep - nothing matters cept how bigtime the arm strength is.

Boring. Very dumb and boring.

Exactly.

But Sev is just like Shep - nothing matters cept how bigtime the arm strength is.

seriously?

Its not the "big time arm" that I care about, since the DRAFT three years ago I have been saying that Quinn was Hype and that Weis was more hype.... now that has led me down the path about argueing about 1st round draft picks to media terminology and finally to that Quinn does not have the AVERAGE NFL ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY..... It is not about being Favre like in throwing lasers its about that Quinn does not have the strength and accuracy to deliver the 15-30 yard NFL level accurate tight passes....

Greythan and company along with Shep and his little Bq boosting group was always argueing with me... guess what the statistics and his performances are only demonstrating that my unpopular positions were correct and our team is suffering from it. and now all of those Quinn boosters are silent.... the proof is in his stats and performances over 8= games this season which are only repeating exactly what he did last season and preseasons..... low scoring, checkdowns, low comp%, total team offense suffers due to narrowing of team offensive scheme ability limited by Quinns weaknesses, low average per pass, cant stretch the field..... etc... Harrison was good today but the Oline Was GREAT..... had they not been (+Cribbs being amazing) we would have gotten crushed by KC because 10-17 66yards is nothing but crap low yield passes....

I dont like DA and his over confidence in his arm strength and hot and cold accuracy, however he has shown MORE glimpses of NFL starter material more consistently than Quinn with Media and fan bias against him. Its not that I like DA more (I do because thats all I have to choose from) Its from Day one I was skeptical and thought the ND Media machine pushed a heisman campaign and ultimately a qb into the first round who did not belong there.... and lo and behold somehow Savage knew something that 21 other franchises did not and ignored all of the scouting on Quinn...... Now look two games in a row we win in SPITE of Quinn... I posted this as a unbiased comparison of 4 sample games against 2 shared opponents in the same season not to look for info to spin, the offensive and personal stats are what they are against the same strength opponents in the same season..... get over it.

Exactly.

seriously?

Its not the "big time arm" that I care about, since the DRAFT three years ago I have been saying that Quinn was Hype and that Weis was more hype.... now that has led me down the path about argueing about 1st round draft picks to media terminology and finally to that Quinn does not have the AVERAGE NFL ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY..... It is not about being Favre like in throwing lasers its about that Quinn does not have the strength and accuracy to deliver the 15-30 yard NFL level accurate tight passes....

Greythan and company along with Shep and his little Bq boosting group was always argueing with me... guess what the statistics and his performances are only demonstrating that my unpopular positions were correct and our team is suffering from it. and now all of those Quinn boosters are silent.... the proof is in his stats and performances over 8= games this season which are only repeating exactly what he did last season and preseasons..... low scoring, checkdowns, low comp%, total team offense suffers due to narrowing of team offensive scheme ability limited by Quinns weaknesses, low average per pass, cant stretch the field..... etc... Harrison was good today but the Oline Was GREAT..... had they not been (+Cribbs being amazing) we would have gotten crushed by KC because 10-17 66yards is nothing but crap low yield passes....

I dont like DA and his over confidence in his arm strength and hot and cold accuracy, however he has shown MORE glimpses of NFL starter material more consistently than Quinn with Media and fan bias against him. Its not that I like DA more (I do because thats all I have to choose from) Its from Day one I was skeptical and thought the ND Media machine pushed a heisman campaign and ultimately a qb into the first round who did not belong there.... and lo and behold somehow Savage knew something that 21 other franchises did not and ignored all of the scouting on Quinn...... Now look two games in a row we win in SPITE of Quinn... I posted this as a unbiased comparison of 4 sample games against 2 shared opponents in the same season not to look for info to spin, the offensive and personal stats are what they are against the same strength opponents in the same season..... get over it.

YAAAWWWNNNN...... <_<

Somebody on here still thinks DA is our QB??? :blink:

LMAO!! :lol:

Browns = An OC who is HORRIBLE + A team without any real WR playmakers (except for Cribbs returning kicks) = any QB will struggle. No matter who you put in there. PERIOD.

The Browns are "winning"...did I just say that, in SPITE of their inept OC and rookie WRs. Hopefully Holmgren will take over and get us a real NFL OC to help out Brady and the Boys. :)

Get over it. DA is done. Jesus, enough is enough.

the funny thing is this for me was never about DA...... this started from my skepticism of Quinn FROM HIS college years....... I did not believe than and now definately do not believe, my positional support was based on a guy who won a franchise best home record and 10 games... the next year I felt that injuries and the skill players plus the oc crapped the bed.... this year we are in another oc and rookie skill players with some poor handling of developing timing and chemistry because of PR based bs, fans and their stupid premature jersey buying and support from some kid who never earned it in the NFL.....

I dont give a crap about DA I just never thought and now proved statistically that BQ was a real 1st round talent or a NFL level Qb........

get over the fact that BQ is garbage, enough is enough.... its amazing to me a 1st round draft pick can throw for 66 yards and 90 the game before and its NO problem..... had that been Da...... amazing.

the funny thing is this for me was never about DA...... this started from my skepticism of Quinn FROM HIS college years....... I did not believe than and now definately do not believe, my positional support was based on a guy who won a franchise best home record and 10 games... the next year I felt that injuries and the skill players plus the oc crapped the bed.... this year we are in another oc and rookie skill players with some poor handling of developing timing and chemistry because of PR based bs, fans and their stupid premature jersey buying and support from some kid who never earned it in the NFL.....

I dont give a crap about DA I just never thought and now proved statistically that BQ was a real 1st round talent or a NFL level Qb........

get over the fact that BQ is garbage, enough is enough.... its amazing to me a 1st round draft pick can throw for 66 yards and 90 the game before and its NO problem..... had that been Da...... amazing.

The only reason his stats were negated these past two weeks is because 1) We won and 2) Harrison rushed for 286 yards today, so BQ didn't need to throw.

He does need to step it up, though. It's getting to be ridiculous.

OK, lets make a little more fair, BQ has only played in 13 career games

336 attempts

174 completions

51.8% completion percentage

1836 yards

10 td's

7 ints

with a QB rating 68.65%

DA over his last 16 games, keep in mind this is with 3 more games

437 attemps

208 completions

47.5% completion percentage

2296 yards

11 td's (only one more than Quinn, three more games)

17 int's (ten more in three more games)

51.35% QB rating

Look at the numbers, get off of BQ's back, your boy DA if a friggen bum! Quinn is out performing him, and is getting stronger as he closes in on a full season, while DA is going downhill fast the more he plays! Keep BQ, he is not the problem, cut DumbAss ass soon as possible, he is an average backup at best, while BQ may yet develop into something worth keeping in the future.

Quinn's got some better overall stats.... But when in his career has Quinn thrown a single TD pass that may have contributed to a win?

Big fat zero. DA had 2 in a come from behind win in his first NFL appearance... racked up 20 more in wins the next season.

Quinn's money (OK, his stats don't indicate he's actually "money") in garbage time. It would be nice to see if he can actually show at least a hint of being able to lead a drive when a game is on the line.

Archived