THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler fan @ browns game

drake54

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry but backyard football games are not considered to be the same as a Super Bowl Championship..

the AAFL was a 7 team league.. hardly comparable to today's 32 league competition.

AAFC, not AAFL... if you are only here to antagonize us, at least do your homework. It's past your curfew, time for bed.

sorry but backyard football games are not considered to be the same as a Super Bowl Championship..

the AAFL was a 7 team league.. hardly comparable to today's 32 league competition.

what next American war of independence does not count cos we did not have hand grenades, tanks and AK 47s ? We can fight only who are there ...

Who gives a SHIT what YOU think about it. A football title is a football title. They are in the record books, they ain't going away, no matter how big a pussy you want to be about it. Just because we didn't use nuclear weapons in World War I, Korea and Vietnam didn't mean we didn't fight.

The AAFC and the NFL of old didn't allow pansy ass wildcards into their playoffs. The Steelers won a title when they were a pansy ass wildcard team.

Please then provide the address to which to send the mortgage payments, utility bills etc. You want to own it? Then you pay for it.

(and FYI, if the Steelers had been as lousy as the Browns have been for so long, their stadium would have been Ghost Town Gulch over 5 years ago).

Sort of like the "JAKE" is Now huh ?? and Thats a nice theory , But very very very doubtful. Our Bandwagon would have thinned out but with 60,000 on Season ticket waiting list . It would be FAR from a "Ghost town " But you go ahead and believe what you want , that doesn't make it fact.

Here is a listing of Steeler home game attendance when said team is out of the playoff hunt. Look how attendance drops off at home for the fair weather fans.

1969 - Pitt Stadium

wk1 Game attendance: 51,360 - (1-1)

wk3 Game attendance: 45,011 - (1-2)

wk6 Game attendance: 46,557 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 46,403 - (1-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 47,670 - (1-8)

wk12 Game attendance: 24,990 - (1-11)

wk13 Game attendance: 21,067 - (1-12)

Just in case, at the same time the Browns packed in 84,078 the same year against the Steelers. Not only that, week 13 was the last game EVER played at Pitt Stadium, lol.

wk2 Game attendance: 57,305 - (0-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 57,327 - (1-4)

wk6 Game attendance: 54,283 - (1-5)

wk7 Game attendance: 54,743 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 50,815 - (2-6)

wk9 Game attendance: 52,831 - (3-6) Still a chance

wk11 Game attendance: 49,724 - (4-7)

wk14 Game attendance: 45,042 - (5-9) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk16 Game attendance: 47,150 - (6-10)

wk1 Game attendance: 56,813

wk5 Game attendance: 56,410 - (1-4)

wk7 Game attendance: 52,229 - (1-6)

wk8 Game attendance: 49,811 - (2-6) No chance, fans quit, definition of fair weather

wk11 Game attendance: 46,026 - (2-9)

wk13 Game attendance: 42,057 - (3-10)

wk16 Game attendance: 36,051 - (5-11)

Wow a half packed stadium after the fans know their is no chance for the playoffs, even after crushing the AFC Superbowl representatives, the Broncos, at home.

2003 - New Field, let's give this a try

wk1 Game attendance: 63,157 - (1-0)

wk4 Game attendance: 63,244 - (2-2)

wk5 Game attendance: 64,595 - (2-3)

wk8 Game attendance: 62,665 - (2-5)

wk10 Game attendance: 59,520 - (3-6)

wk13 Game attendance: 58,797 - (4-8)

wk14 Game attendance: 53,079 - (5-8)

wk16 Game attendance: 52,527 - (6-9)

And this a year after winning the AFC North in 2002?

And besides 1969 ALL THOSE Games Sold out. So , to NOT go is normally a last minute decision or being too lazy to try to resell your Tickets. The line to go to the Vast majotity of those games would be more than enough , if it was known in advance tickets available.. Why are you SO obsessed with this ? is it the only thing you "Think" you have on SteelerNation ?? You sound so ridiculously bitter its sad.

Sort of like the "JAKE" is Now huh ?? and Thats a nice theory , But very very very doubtful. Our Bandwagon would have thinned out but with 60,000 on Season ticket waiting list . It would be FAR from a "Ghost town " But you go ahead and believe what you want , that doesn't make it fact.

It is not a fact, but it is a plausible theory. Far from very doubtful. We would need the Steelers to undergo those continuous losing seasons to test that theory. Shall we?

Do you think we are seeing the beginning of an era of Bengal dominance in this division?

It is not a fact, but it is a theory. Far from very doubtful. We would need the Steelers to undergo those continuous losing seasons to test that theory. Shall we?

Do you think we are seeing the beginning of an era of Bengal dominance in this division?

dude it AINT Gonna happen . Thats not how Pittsburgh rolls. It not plausible at all . There is no current evidence that we would desert our team. The Games are ALL SOLD out !! LOL... what an azzz you are. And the Bengals have ONE playoff win in the last 19 years !!! Not too concerned they will suddenly "Change" their Stripes !! LOL>

dude it AINT Gonna happen . Thats not how Pittsburgh rolls. It not plausible at all . There is no current evidence that we would desert our team. The Games are ALL SOLD out !! LOL... what an azzz you are. And the Bengals have ONE playoff win in the last 19 years !!! Not too concerned they will suddenly "Change" their Stripes !! LOL>

The Steelers look terrible. They are going to become nothing. I see them falling to the basement next year. The talent is eroding. No more squeelers.

The Steelers look terrible. They are going to become nothing. I see them falling to the basement next year. The talent is eroding. No more squeelers.

You a BITTER Dreamer , ha ha ha ...a week ago in Denver we were Awesome. I remind you of the Bus Run to Super Bowl XL the Indy COlts Clubbed us and we actually DID Look Terrible. Hmm how did THAT all work out for Indianapolis ??? Same year Bengals whoop us at Home ... shred our Defense , pick Ben off 4 times . Hmmm.... XL and One for the Thumb. Now we may not win anything this year. Chances are against repeating anyway. But just for the heck of it we will play it out and see. You never know. Maybe we lose the rest of our games. I am doubting it though .

And besides 1969 ALL THOSE Games Sold out. So , to NOT go is normally a last minute decision or being too lazy to try to resell your Tickets. The line to go to the Vast majotity of those games would be more than enough , if it was known in advance tickets available.. Why are you SO obsessed with this ? is it the only thing you "Think" you have on SteelerNation ?? You sound so ridiculously bitter its sad.

I don't think it is an obsession of "Kosars", but merely a refutation of the argument brought up by another Steeler troll about how "you cannot sell out your stadium", or "you cannot fill your stadium without Steeler fans".

Is Kosar not allowed to refute an argument that one of yinz brought up?

The Browns go on inactive status for 3 years, come back under an expansion like process, suck sewer water for 10 years, and one of your ilk thinks that its awful that perhaps a game here might not sell out under those circumstances? (and that doesn't even take into account the dire economic straits of this area coupled with the ridiculous high cost of attending a game). Kosar's argument simply is "look, you Steeler fan asshats want to throw stones, but look at your own glass house before pitching that rock. When you have had even a modest amount of discomfiture with the performance of your team, which has not undergone a tenth of the tribulations our team has, you have hit the door running to stay away from the product."

So, perhaps when yinzes obsession with throwing barbs at the Browns fans dissipates, and you quit making specious arguments, Browns fans will quit making cogent responses, and we can all get on with our lives.

What is the capacity of the Big Ketchup Bottle?

(And, out of curiosity, when did Pittsburgh change from being The Iron City to being the Condiment City).

Have you ever tasted Iron City Beer ? Believe me, you would rather drink down a bottle of ketchup.

13 Titles ???? How many NFL Titles do you have ?? NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE ... come on ... its 4 !!! How delusional are you gip ??

THIRTEEN TITLES. Do you want me to recite the years: 1920, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1954, 1964. I sure the f**k didn't make them up. They are in the books. Read them and weep. Or, choke on them, I don't really care. They ain't going away just because a house landed on you, Dorothy.

Sure, you say that now. Give us three straight losing years, and we won't be able to say "I told you so" as you will be vapor on this board. Like I said, it is a theory worth testing.

I don't think it is an obsession of "Kosars", but merely a refutation of the argument brought up by another Steeler troll about how "you cannot sell out your stadium", or "you cannot fill your stadium without Steeler fans".

Is Kosar not allowed to refute an argument that one of yinz brought up?

The Browns go on inactive status for 3 years, come back under an expansion like process, suck sewer water for 10 years, and one of your ilk thinks that its awful that perhaps a game here might not sell out under those circumstances? (and that doesn't even take into account the dire economic straits of this area coupled with the ridiculous high cost of attending a game). Kosar's argument simply is "look, you Steeler fan asshats want to throw stones, but look at your own glass house before pitching that rock. When you have had even a modest amount of discomfiture with the performance of your team, which has not undergone a tenth of the tribulations our team has, you have hit the door running to stay away from the product."

So, perhaps when yinzes obsession with throwing barbs at the Browns fans dissipates, and you quit making specious arguments, Browns fans will quit making cogent responses, and we can all get on with our lives

Hes a Retard ... You guys support those Bums year in year out REAL Steeler fans know this. And the Old Guard respect the heck out of you for it. We were disappointed when Modell screwed you. What I hate is the BS tosses around about how WE Wouldn't support the Steelers IF we were losers. Well one thing is We are NOT Losers and with the current mindset will never be losers over a Long stretch. And for another thing we have sold out for Years and Years , You guys have games were attendance drops as well.. dont put ALL Steelers fans on One Bandwagon Group. the VAST Majority of our fans are Die hard not bandwagon. And Like it or not we are Cut from the same cloth. Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

THIRTEEN TITLES. Do you want me to recite the years: 1920, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1954, 1964. I sure the f**k didn't make them up. They are in the books. Read them and weep. Or, choke on them, I don't really care. They ain't going away just because a house landed on you, Dorothy.

Do you want me to tell you again what NFL Titles are ??? NATOIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE Championships !!! How many NFL TITLES ??? Quit !!! You have 4 !! No one gives a freak that you had an NFL Caliber MINOR League Team !!! And good lord I KNOW your "The Gipper" but did they even have Helmets in the 20 `s ??? Screw that. Modern Football is a different Game . I will Give you the 50`s. But Its its NOT an NFL Title we dont CARE !!!

LOL... Thats not remotely comparable.

The point is that a team can only play under the rules that are in place at the time, and can only do what it can do under those rules.

I mean, it would be like saying that "George Washington and Thomas Jefferson didn't really win a legitimate Presidential election because, well, there were only 13 states back then." Well, they won the election in the 13 states they had to compete in. If they had to compete in 50 states, they would have competed in 50 states.

Remember, while the Browns (Thomas Jefferson) was competing and winning in those years when there were only 13 states (teams), the Steelers (Aaron Burr) were also competing in those 13 states (teams) and losing. You had your chance to win Aaron Burr, sorry that Thomas Jefferson beat you.

The point is that a team can only play under the rules that are in place at the time, and can only do what it can do under those rules.

I mean, it would be like saying that "George Washington and Thomas Jefferson didn't really win a legitimate Presidential election because, well, there were only 13 states back then." Well, they won the election in the 13 states they had to compete in. If they had to compete in 50 states, they would have competed in 50 states.

Remember, while the Browns (Thomas Jefferson) was competing and winning in those years when there were only 13 states (teams), the Steelers (Aaron Burr) were also competing in those 13 states (teams) and losing. You had your chance to win Aaron Burr, sorry that Thomas Jefferson beat you.

I seen your Point... but we are talking NFL Titles Gip. I guess your not , because you KNOW you have FOUR.

Hes a Retard ... You guys support those Bums year in year out REAL Steeler fans know this. And the Old Guard respect the heck out of you for it. We were disappointed when Modell screwed you. What I hate is the BS tosses around about how WE Wouldn't support the Steelers IF we were losers. Well one thing is We are NOT Losers and with the current mindset will never be losers over a Long stretch. And for another thing we have sold out for Years and Years , You guys have games were attendance drops as well.. dont put ALL Steelers fans on One Bandwagon Group. the VAST Majority of our fans are Die hard not bandwagon. And Like it or not we are Cut from the same cloth. Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

OK, good, we find common ground: DJHero is a Retard. See Steeler and Browns fans can agree on something!!

OK, good, we find common ground: DJHero is a Retard. See Steeler and Browns fans can agree on something!!

LOL.... Dude . I Understand the Anger and Frustration. We have some Dickweeds as fans , You do too. But By and Large we Both have some of the Best Fans on the Planet. We are SPOILED and you guys are like our Poor Cousins whos Family Used to be the ones with the Success.

I seen your Point... but we are talking NFL Titles Gip. I guess your not , because you KNOW you have FOUR.

Who are WE? You got a mouse in your pocket? We includes ME and I am talking about the titles won in the NFL, and in the leagues that have merged with the NFL, including the AFL and the AAFC, as those teams are still here in this league today. And if YOU are talking about just NFL titles, WE still have 9, as the teams from Northeast Ohio that preceded the existance of the Browns won 5 NFL titles. The fact that some of those teams may have moved from Cleveland (like the Rams) or that some of them went defunct (like The Bulldogs) doesn't make those titles any less real.

FYI, for the past 20 years or so, I have been tracking the title records in all the "Big Four" sports, not just football, and I include the titles won by teams in "merged leagues" with the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA.

Example, in my compilation do you know that Pittsburgh even gets credit for a basketball title? Yes, the 1968 Pittsburgh Pipers won the ABA title. I do not throw out the Pittsburgh ABA title as willingly as you may wish to throw out titles legitimately won in Professional football. Do you also know that Utah, Oakland, Kentucky, New Jersey,and Indianapolis also have basketball championships from the ABA?

Do you also know that Houston has 2 Hockey titles, Hartford one, Quebec 1, and Winnipeg 3 from the WHA that merged with the NHL. Hartford were the Whalers that recently became the NHL Carolina Hurricane that won the Cup a couple years ago, and the Quebec Nordiques became the Colorado Avalanche who won a couple of cups, and the Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes? The Edmonton Oilers were part of the WHA, and who was on that team? Wayne Gretsky. Would you discount his accomplishments? Like you would Otto Graham's and Marion Motleys?

All these titles count. As do the Browns AAFC titles. None of these go away just because you may wish to put blinders on about it. They weren't minor league. They were legit. If that doesn't satisfy you....then just sing that Rolling Stones song, cause that what you get, or can't get.

Who are WE? You got a mouse in your pocket? We includes ME and I am talking about the titles won in the NFL, and in the leagues that have merged with the NFL, including the AFL and the AAFC, as those teams are still here in this league today. And if YOU are talking about just NFL titles, WE still have 9, as the teams from Northeast Ohio that preceded the existance of the Browns won 5 NFL titles. The fact that some of those teams may have moved from Cleveland (like the Rams) or that some of them went defunct (like The Bulldogs) doesn't make those titles any less real.

FYI, for the past 20 years or so, I have been tracking the title records in all the "Big Four" sports, not just football, and I include the titles won by teams in "merged leagues" with the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA.

Example, in my compilation do you know that Pittsburgh even gets credit for a basketball title? Yes, the 1968 Pittsburgh Pipers won the ABA title. I do not throw out the Pittsburgh ABA title as willingly as you may wish to throw out titles legitimately won in Professional football. Do you also know that Utah, Oakland, Kentucky, New Jersey,and Indianapolis also have basketball championships from the ABA?

Do you also know that Houston has 2 Hockey titles, Hartford one, Quebec 1, and Winnipeg 3 from the WHA that merged with the NHL. Hartford were the Whalers that recently became the NHL Carolina Hurricane that won the Cup a couple years ago, and the Quebec Nordiques became the Colorado Avalanche who won a couple of cups, and the Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes? The Edmonton Oilers were part of the WHA, and who was on that team? Wayne Gretsky. Would you discount his accomplishments? Like you would Otto Graham's and Marion Motleys?

All these titles count. As do the Browns AAFC titles. None of these go away just because you may wish to put blinders on about it. They weren't minor league. They were legit. If that doesn't satisfy you....then just sing that Rolling Stones song, cause that what you get, or can't get.

An eight team "League" is hardly a League. I am sorry. If the NFL Fails to recognize it. I don't see why it really matters , when your talking NFL Football and the topic of how many Titles has each team won. Besides Browns Fans I cant imagine hardly anyone who would say Cleveland has 13 Football Titles. The Entire AFL Merged into the NFL... I can see their stance and recognize it. Not the AAFC. Or any other "Pro" League" Back in the Roaring 20`s. Neither of us is Budging on this so . Lets agree to disagree. LOL>

I think it's more or less the older folks are proud of what the team accomplished back in the day. Let's say 40 years from now the NFL is played all over the globe and they ditch the super bowl for a name like the title bowl or something like that. Are you still going to be proud of the Steelers for the 6 superbowls they won even if there in dead last and stand no chance making it to the "title bowl"? Im sure you would be because that's how you will remember them. Even if there are more teams, a different name for the title game and alot more rules, it's still the 6 superbowls you were a witness to them winning. If that makes any sense lol.

I think it's more or less the older folks are proud of what the team accomplished back in the day. Let's say 40 years from now the NFL is played all over the globe and they ditch the super bowl for a name like the title bowl or something like that. Are you still going to be proud of the Steelers for the 6 superbowls they won even if there in dead last and stand no chance making it to the "title bowl"? Im sure you would be because that's how you will remember them. Even if there are more teams, a different name for the title game and alot more rules, it's still the 6 superbowls you were a witness to them winning. If that makes any sense lol.

As long as its an NFL Title ... i totally understand it. And You guys Started with a Boom. Probably possibly would have Won 6 or 7 if you had jumped right in the League. But , thats not what happened. But 4 is a Good number , why embellish it with titles from these "Off" Leagues? be happy with 4.... they are Legitimate NFL Titles. Even with the MAJOR Benefit of just going out and Building that team by signing who ever you wanted , NO Draft just Paul Browns recruiting and a Fat wallet. But it is what it is , the NFL Admitted the Browns and the Browns Promptly took over for a spell. Props !!!

Do you want me to tell you again what NFL Titles are ??? NATOIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE Championships !!! How many NFL TITLES ??? Quit !!! You have 4 !! No one gives a freak that you had an NFL Caliber MINOR League Team !!! And good lord I KNOW your "The Gipper" but did they even have Helmets in the 20 `s ??? Screw that. Modern Football is a different Game . I will Give you the 50`s. But Its its NOT an NFL Title we dont CARE !!!

Yea, that minor League team whipped the NFL Champions 35-10 in their very first game in the NFL, and went on to appear in 7 or the next 8 championship games. Compared to the Browns, it was the NFL that was the Minor League.

(And as I have documented before, it was only Bert Bell's bitterness, resentment, and embarassment over that ass kicking as the motivation for the NFL's refusal to "recognize" the AAFC titles....The Browns didn't need his recognition...they just needed to kick the rest of the NFLs asses....and that they did.

And when you say that "Modern Football is a different game" then you have to start 'Modern Football" sometime in the mid 80s. That is when all the rules changes were made, when Free agency was instituted, when the new training and nutitional methods came about. The fact is, the football of the 70s was hardly changed at all from the football of the 40s and 50s. Example, the size of the Steeler offensive and defensive linemen of their 70s teams was on average almost exactly the same as the size of the Browns 40s and 50s linemen. However, compared to today, the Steelers linemen of that time are on average about 50-60 pounds lighter. The bump and run rules of course were eliminated in the early 80s (thus allowing the 49ers West Coast offenses to thrive. The offenses of the 70s were very similar to the 40s/50s offenses. Believe it or not, the one offense that was slightly different was the Browns offense....Otto Graham actually ran what amounted to a West Coast offense. I mean, Bill Walsh learned the WCO concepts when he was an assistant coach to Paul Brown.

In essence, if you want to discard older titles, you need to discard everything before about 1982 when the collective bargaining agreement began the Free Agency period.

Im going to the game on Dec. 10 my gf is a steelers fan. what are the do's and dont's for steelers fans to not do or say while there.

Really dont feel like getting into a fight.

90 percent of what you're hearing is wrong. The biggest thing is to have your girlfriend not wear any Steelers clothing, if she does that she'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll hear the chants asshole constantly and maybe more. Just tell her to keep the Steelers gear at home and you'll have a great time!

An eight team "League" is hardly a League. I am sorry. If the NFL Fails to recognize it. I don't see why it really matters , when your talking NFL Football and the topic of how many Titles has each team won. Besides Browns Fans I cant imagine hardly anyone who would say Cleveland has 13 Football Titles. The Entire AFL Merged into the NFL... I can see their stance and recognize it. Not the AAFC. Or any other "Pro" League" Back in the Roaring 20`s. Neither of us is Budging on this so . Lets agree to disagree. LOL>

Its not an issue of "disagreement". It is an issue of fact. You cannot erase history, no matter how hard you try or may wish to do so. The NFL, with its pettiness on some things, doesn't make the fu*ing rules for every goddam thing on earth.

And it ain't just Browns fans. Do I need to copy every posting from every website that shows all those Browns titles?

The Pro Football Hall of Fame ain't "just Browns fans". The Pro Football reference website where many people get their info ain't "just Browns fans", The Sporting News, last time I looked was headquartered in St. Louis, and it "ain't just Browns fans". The Elias Sports Bureau "ain't just Browns fans."

The fact is, it is YOU who are looking petty and appearing "anti-Browns". Would you argue this vociferously if it had been the 49ers who had won those AAFC titles that EVERY entity except one recognizes?

If the Steelers had by chance pulled out that 1947 victory in the playoffs, could we have been justified in arguing as you do "they don't count" as it was only won in an an 8 or 10 league team. (The NFL and the AAFC had about the same number of teams in those years....so if an AAFC title is "illegitimate" for having been won in too small a league, then the same could be said for every NFL title prior to the 1950 AAFC merger)

Archived