THE BROWNS BOARD

CMA Awards - country music !

calfoxwc

So, my favorite male country star is Brad Paisley. He was awarded the Music Video of the year,

and also Male Vocalist of the year...

I admire the country stars that can tell a story in a terrific way like Paisley.

Probably the greatest female country star to me, with the greatest voice, is Reba McIntire.

Her voice is fascinating.

Entertainer of the Year of Kenny Chesney, not my favorite.

Carrie Underwood won a big award, forget which one. She's great.

Whats'er name of Sugarland won a big award. She also has a terrific voice and is a terrific talent.

If you ever get a chance to watch her sing with Bon Jovi, you will be amazed. Her song "Stay" won her

the best writer hit song award. Okay, it isn't called that, but that's the best I can remember.

Paisley was up for that award, for "Letter to Me", but Jennifer whatsername won it, for good reason.

George Straight also won a big award.

The group Antebellum won the best new group award, but I didn't care for their song.

Talor Swift is an incredible talent. Last year, at one of the awards shows, she performed her huge hit

"could have said no" or whatever the title really is, and she ended the song by standing in an indoor

huge shower of rain.

that was cool.

I admire Paisely's songs and entire albums more than any other albums on the country music scene today.

Carrie Underwood is always terrific - she sang a beautiful song about losing a soldier to the war, ...she was introduced

by the wife of a fallen soldier, who was lost in 2005.

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood were the hosts for the CMA awards.

Get this - after all these years, an older group performed for the second year in a row. The group? The Eagles.

Yep, the famous Eagles still are great. They have come a long, long way from "Jerimiah was a Bullfrog"...

and "Hotel California".

They sang a beautiful song I think was called "Too busy". It was great.

I think the group Alabama should not have retired. I want more songs from them, but ... sometime, they knew

they would kick back and enjoy the quiet life.

From the old Tom T. Hall story-song telling, to Brad Paisley's ballads with other stars today, like Dolly Parton, Allison Krause, etc

country music means a lot to me because of the beautiful stories that come out with beautiful melodies.

I'm writing a second country song myself. One day, I'll show my songs to Steve, so he can ROF,LHAO.... "sigh"

Paisley's music video of the year, in case you like to see it, is "Waitin on a Woman", that had Paisley sitting on a bench in a mall,

and his date never shows up, but an older man sits down and tells him about waiting on a woman who is always late, and that

he will probably be the first to go, and he'll find a bench there in Heaven, if they have any, and wait for her.

It's funny, and sad, and beautiful all the while. The older guy part was done so beautifully, by Andy Griffith. Who, at the end of the filming

of the video, presented a gift to Brad - the guitar he played on the Mayberry shows.

I love country music, with a hankerin to once again git my beautiful hunter green guitar and harmonica out and practice again.

But it's just some songs, probably like everybody else, that I really love for the words and melodies.

my wife loves the old reba shows!

ill watch them with her, just as long as there not to dumb then i come in on the computer.

favorite country singer is johnny cash, love his music even the stuf still coming out.

i can remeber when i was a kid and my parents took me to the old ponderosa we saw Dolly pardon and her sequin getup. now that was kool. even as a kid at 11 years i loved those bazookas.

Paisely is hilarious.

As hosts, they were talking, and Paisley was talking about a next award presenter and former host of the CMA awards, Vince Gill.

Paisely said, he knew he had giant shoes to fill, following as host after Vince Gill.

He also said that Dolly Parton also has hosted the CMA awards before too, and

then turned to Carrie Underwood, and started to say she also had big...eh...?

anyways, that was hilarious. Carrie Underwood was also funny.

Here's a link to see who all won what:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/CMA-Awards/s...ts/en/111308cma

Paisely is hilarious.

As hosts, they were talking, and Paisley was talking about a next award presenter and former host of the CMA awards, Vince Gill.

Paisely said, he knew he had giant shoes to fill, following as host after Vince Gill.

He also said that Dolly Parton also has hosted the CMA awards before too, and

then turned to Carrie Underwood, and started to say she also had big...eh...?

anyways, that was hilarious. Carrie Underwood was also funny.

Here's a link to see who all won what:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/CMA-Awards/s...ts/en/111308cma

It was so sad to see the absolutely gorgeous, Shania Twain, look so good and be so sad. Maybe if I can introduce myself.

Shania did look heart broken but hanging in there. The breakup of her marriage apparently was devasting.

Meanwhile, I can't find my favorite green guitar pick.

egads.

Archived