THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

You being Retarded man . No offense , your hilarious. Talk about Sour grapes. Yet week after week you hear NFL Announcers and analysts praising Steelernation.... SO You go around handing out surveys in these 88 cities , i imagine. Its this kind of talk that makes you guys look bitter. I am not saying we dont have some Dumb fans. We ALL have some. But I know Far more obnoxious Browns fans in the Mahoning Valley than Poor Steeler Fans. Seriously.

I can't help it that you have your head up your Steeler fan ass and see the world through piss colored glasses.

I repeat: Nationwide consensus: dumbest, most obnoxious fans are Steeler fans. (Aside from having the biggest FRAK population.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is considered dirty because he redefined the position. He started blocking downfield, and not giving up. Defensive backs wer not use to this, so it became an issue. Truth is, he plays the game as it should be played

Fact is, he plays hard. You can blindside a QB can't you? Well, he blindsides players trying to tackle a member of his team with the ball. Its football.

This board defends our "tough" defensive coordinator for talking trash with the opposing team. But a wide reciever that blocks and knocks other players around? Must be dirty.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

redefined hahahahahahahahahaha

Receievers have always blocked down field asshat. Yes, Dirty Hines Ward is "known" as the best blocking wide receiver.. but he certainly wasn't the first and he redefined nothing. Ignoramus.

Don't hate Hines for that hit. Hate the 32 owners for agreeing to a rulebook that makes that type of hit legal. Hate Goodell for making that a legal, unfinable hit. Hines has simply been playing the games by the rules others made up.

You bring up a good point some people just don't get. Lineman always throw forearms. Heck, they hope to give a blindside forearm under someone's chin everytime they pull. When they do it there complimented for a good pull, when Hines does it from a receiver spot he is dirty.

There is a difference between a pulling guard running three yards then throwing a forearm into a defensive lineman and a WR having a 15 yard head start and completely blindsiding someone unexpectedly. I get that it's a man's game, but that was a cheap shot. There's a reason they changed the rules because of it.

I can't help it that you have your head up your Steeler fan ass and see the world through piss colored glasses.

I repeat: Nationwide consensus: dumbest, most obnoxious fans are Steeler fans. (Aside from having the biggest FRAK population

LOL... Nationwide . . . I say TOTAL BS. Utter jealsouy ...And Please look at your own Brethren ,far from Rocket science bro ... And Yinz still don't Rival Cinncatucky !!!!

There is a difference between a pulling guard running three yards then throwing a forearm into a defensive lineman and a WR having a 15 yard head start and completely blindsiding someone unexpectedly. I get that it's a man's game, but that was a cheap shot. There's a reason they changed the rules because of it.

Its football... So its alright to hit a QB with an unblocked hit with a 15 yard head start ? Ahhh he has the ball... come on Blocking is a Violent activity. Just get the dresses out.

Its football... So it alright to hit a QB with an unblocked hit with a 15 yard head start ? Ahhh he has the ball... come on Blocking is a Violent activity. Just get the dresses out.

There's no need to inform me of the intracacies of blocking. I was a lineman in middle school, high school, and currently am a lineman in college. The point I was making is, defensive linemen are used to getting forearms and such thrown into them, that's more or less part of their job. They know what is coming, that is what they signed up for. They are they to be hit by offensive linemen. Furthermore, the QB's are more or less aware of the people that are trying to hit them. Their job is to avoid the defensive pressure, and make the throw/handoff/whatever. Ward wasn't blindsiding a QB that was trying to make a tackle on another player. He had a 15 yard head start on an LB that wasn't focused on him, and then proceeded to use his helmet as well as his forearm to successfully break said LB's jaw. It's not even as if the block would have resulted in a touchdown or even a slightly larger gain. It was simultaneous with the tackle on Matt Spaeth. It was a cheap shot, by a cheap player on a team where cheapness isn't even required.

FREAKofSTEEL08 is one of many Squeeler fans that only comes on here to talk crap. Unfortunatly for him, he just shows everyone what a knuckle dragging, hairy palmed ape he is. What a joke of a fan of any team. Thanks again buddy for reminding me why I hate the piss and black. I would hate you even if you were a Browns fan. What's the matter buddy? You catch your mommy cheating on your da da with some guy from Cleveland? There has to be a reason you troll here so often and that's about the only reason I can think of. You suck.

FREAKofSTEEL08 is one of many Squeeler fans that only comes on here to talk crap. Unfortunatly for him, he just shows everyone what a knuckle dragging, hairy palmed ape he is. What a joke of a fan of any team. Thanks again buddy for reminding me why I hate the piss and black. I would hate you even if you were a Browns fan. What's the matter buddy? You catch your mommy cheating on your da da with some guy from Cleveland? There has to be a reason you troll here so often and that's about the only reason I can think of. You suck.

OK Buddy ...ask around about ME !!! You will find what you just said is TOTAL BS. I am one of a handful of Steeler fans here who Truly respect your Teams history AND Fan base in general. With 145 posts You damn sure havnt been around long enough to judge me. Your Ridiculas.

There's no need to inform me of the intracacies of blocking. I was a lineman in middle school, high school, and currently am a lineman in college. The point I was making is, defensive linemen are used to getting forearms and such thrown into them, that's more or less part of their job. They know what is coming, that is what they signed up for. They are they to be hit by offensive linemen. Furthermore, the QB's are more or less aware of the people that are trying to hit them. Their job is to avoid the defensive pressure, and make the throw/handoff/whatever. Ward wasn't blindsiding a QB that was trying to make a tackle on another player. He had a 15 yard head start on an LB that wasn't focused on him, and then proceeded to use his helmet as well as his forearm to successfully break said LB's jaw. It's not even as if the block would have resulted in a touchdown or even a slightly larger gain. It was simultaneous with the tackle on Matt Spaeth. It was a cheap shot, by a cheap player on a team where cheapness isn't even required.

Its a Block... is the LB trying to Make a Play ?? And Should the Offense try to stop them from making a play. Furthermore , was it AGAINST THE RULES When Hines was doing it ? NO ... So, its just stupid.

Its a Block... is the LB trying to Make a Play ?? And Should the Offense try to stop them from making a play. Furthermore , was it AGAINST THE RULES When Hines was doing it ? NO ... So, its just stupid.

Well, it's against the rules now, so the NFL must have thought it was a cheap move. I didn't know all Steeler fans were caught up in the rules so much. Horsecollering wasn't against the rules for the longest time, and by and far it is one of the cheapest moves in the NFL. Just because something wasn't illegal at one point doesn't instantly negate it's cheapness. There is no rule yet against grabbing a defender's balls and pulling, but you don't see that in the NFL. Shoot for the stars Whines Hard, let's make that rule illegal now too! I think it's his personal mission to rewrite the rule book. So, give up your argument. You've lost, nobody agrees with you, and now you're just making yourself look stupid by arguing for no reason.

Its football. Lineman have the "football mentality". When the get a chance to beat the crap out of somebody they go out and do so. Most receivers are primadonas who want to be known for getting yards and toucdowns. Hines is a "redefined" type of reciever as his ego is replaced by a football mentality. Maybe linebackers and safeties are used to being the ones who get a 15 yard head start to crush an unaware primodona reciever. Its not Hines' fault opposing defenses look past him as another ego receiver who takes the play off when its not designed to go to him. Opposing coaches better let their players know Hines will do anything and everything the rulebook allows him to do; just as defense do to recievers.

Well, it's against the rules now, so the NFL must have thought it was a cheap move. I didn't know all Steeler fans were caught up in the rules so much. Horsecollering wasn't against the rules for the longest time, and by and far it is one of the cheapest moves in the NFL. Just because something wasn't illegal at one point doesn't instantly negate it's cheapness. There is no rule yet against grabbing a defender's balls and pulling, but you don't see that in the NFL. Shoot for the stars Whines Hard, let's make that rule illegal now too! I think it's his personal mission to rewrite the rule book. So, give up your argument. You've lost, nobody agrees with you, and now you're just making yourself look stupid by arguing for no reason.

Come On brother You play I Played. Someone driven by wanting to Win as much as Ward , isnt going to stand around... He gonna Hit someone.

And I haven't lost anything , if its not allowed IN the rules and he is still doing it Fine. But to be labeled "Dirty" for tactics that were allowed ?? Its BS... I look far from stupid. I played Safety , i got popped by a Few WRs and TEs when not looking... and it sucks. You just return the favor. Its Football.

By the way ... Its against the rule to grab somebody's balls and pull them down. Its called Unnecessary Roughness. IF it happened , (sounds like a Tuff way to pull a guy down). The Ref could flag it .

These guys that were clocking LBers and DBs and stuff . and if it was AFTER a play or OFF the play, they got Flagged. IF it was part of the Blocking going on out there they didn't get flagged. NOW its been documented and applied as a rule. IF Ward still goes out and does it every game. OK its Illegal,,, Now label the guy dirty , but otherwise SOUR FREAKING GRAPES. And there is LOTS of that here concerning anything Black and Gold.

Its football. Lineman have the "football mentality". When the get a chance to beat the crap out of somebody they go out and do so. Most receivers are primadonas who want to be known for getting yards and toucdowns. Hines is a "redefined" type of reciever as his ego is replaced by a football mentality. Maybe linebackers and safeties are used to being the ones who get a 15 yard head start to crush an unaware primodona reciever. Its not Hines' fault opposing defenses look past him as another ego receiver who takes the play off when its not designed to go to him. Opposing coaches better let their players know Hines will do anything and everything the rulebook allows him to do; just as defense do to recievers.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. You're just blatantly stating rash generalities. Everybody has the "football mentality" in NFL, or else they would never make it. I know plenty of WR's that have more passion for the game than any linemen. For that matter, I know kickers and PRs that have more of a "football mentality" than LB's or defensive linemen. You can't judge a person's mentality based on the position that they play. I know linemen that are some of the most laid-back guys you will ever meet, and they play football because they can, and I know WR's that will go out and hit anybody in the mouth on the field. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Whines isn't redefined, he's a dirty player. Does he have a great deal of passion? Yes. Does he also have a great deal of talent? Yes. I know he's a great player, but that doesn't mean he's not dirty as well.

THANK you Silverback... Hines will do anything and everything the rulebook allows him to do; just as defense do to recievers.

ITS FOOTBALL. How is a Guy DIRTY when playing within the rules. A bunch of whiny bleeding hearts got together and decided that , a WR cant Block a guy Unless hes looking ??? Geeezzzz.... Well whats the next step ? You cant Tackle the Guy if hes not "Aware" ? Why can defenders get 15 and 20 yr. Head starts to reek Havoc on Offensive players but Not visa versa ?? Get the dresses out... Lets ask Turkey Jones or Jack Lambert about this.

The hit Hines made is now illegal for two reasons:

1. People like you whined about it

2. It fits Goodell's agenda that is seemingly to turn the league into the Nation Flag Football League.

That type of hit as been legal throughout the entire history of the league and River's broken jaw is the first serious injury that I am aware of that resulted from that type of hit. (Nice run-on :lol:) With recievers becoming more and more primodona every year, a serious injury wouldn't occur from that type of hit for another 80+ years.

Players aren't given the decision to decide what is dirty and what is clean. Players leave that up to the rulebook to decide. A player shouldn't be allowed to spear players just becuase he doesn't think its dirty and a player shouldn't be obligated to play softer than the rulebook allows. If the owners and commish decide horsecollering is dangerous than they make it illegal. If it is legal how are players supposed to know not to do it?

Hines is not attempting to rewrite the rulebook, he simply plays by it.

Players aren't given the decision to decide what is dirty and what is clean. Players leave that up to the rulebook to decide. A player shouldn't be allowed to spear players just becuase he doesn't think its dirty and a player shouldn't be obligated to play softer than the rulebook allows. If the owners and commish decide horsecollering is dangerous than they make it illegal. If it is legal how are players supposed to know not to do it?

Hines is not attempting to rewrite the rulebook, he simply plays by it.

Well said S~Back !!

And COUCH ; I am not totally buying YOUR an O~Lineman... You certainly have a different out look than any O`lineman I ever played with.

Come On brother You play I Played. Someone driven by wanting to Win as much as Ward , isnt going to stand around... He gonna Hit someone.

And I haven't lost anything , if its not allowed IN the rules and he is still doing it Fine. But to be labeled "Dirty" for tactics that were allowed ?? Its BS... I look far from stupid. I played Safety , i got popped by a Few WRs and TEs when not looking... and it sucks. You just return the favor. Its Football.

By the way ... Its against the rule to grab somebody's balls and pull them down. Its called Unnecessary Roughness. IF it happened , (sounds like a Tuff way to pull a guy down). The Ref could flag it .

These guys that were clocking LBers and DBs and stuff . and if it was AFTER a play or OFF the play, they got Flagged. IF it was part of the Blocking going on out there they didn't get flagged. NOW its been documented and applied as a rule. IF Ward still goes out and does it every game. OK its Illegal,,, Now label the guy dirty , but otherwise SOUR FREAKING GRAPES. And there is LOTS of that here concerning anything Black and Gold.

Unnecessary Roughness is more or less a judgement call. The big stuff, yeah, that will always get called. But there is no set rule for grabbing someone's genitals. Believe me, I've gone over this with officials. I was forced to block a NT two years ago that was probably the dirtiest player you'll ever meet. He would spit in my face before I snapped the ball, gouge my eyes in piles, would try to break my fingers in a pile. throw dirt in my face on almost every play at the snap, he purposely did not cut his fingernails so they were like claws, and would grab my balls mercilessly. So our line coach got into a friendly conversation with the official, and was kicked out of the game. After the game, the HL, the referee, and the backfield judge all basically said "There is no rule against grabbing your nuts. It's a judgement call and we feel it didn't warrant a flag". I'm not saying Ward doesn't want to win. He's got tremendous passion, and he is definitely a future HOF. He's still a dirty player. He does things repeatedly. Look at last season, he got fined in two successive weeks.

SOUR GRAPES plain and Simple. And back in the Day ...I remember a WR...pesky little prick , well Loved in Cleveland who reminded me of Hines named Webster Slaughter and I HATED him too.... I am thinking it was sour grapes too , cuz HE was Good and a Tuff lil SOB... and Inflicted a little Pain on us Steeler Fans.

Unnecessary Roughness is more or less a judgement call. The big stuff, yeah, that will always get called. But there is no set rule for grabbing someone's genitals. Believe me, I've gone over this with officials. I was forced to block a NT two years ago that was probably the dirtiest player you'll ever meet. He would spit in my face before I snapped the ball, gouge my eyes in piles, would try to break my fingers in a pile. throw dirt in my face on almost every play at the snap, he purposely did not cut his fingernails so they were like claws, and would grab my balls mercilessly. So our line coach got into a friendly conversation with the official, and was kicked out of the game. After the game, the HL, the referee, and the backfield judge all basically said "There is no rule against grabbing your nuts. It's a judgement call and we feel it didn't warrant a flag". I'm not saying Ward doesn't want to win. He's got tremendous passion, and he is definitely a future HOF. He's still a dirty player. He does things repeatedly. Look at last season, he got fined in two successive weeks.

If the Ref ..SEEEEEEN Him Grab your balls He woulda Thrown the Flag. CUZ ITS Dirty (and perverted) . The Refs SEEN Hines Blast those Defensive players and No Flags ??? Why ?? Because it Wasnt Against the RULES !!! Geeezz man. Come on your the guy sounding Dumb "TCpullsout"

As I said before- how can it be sour grapes if the list is also comprised of Richie Incognito, Harvey Dahl and Kevin Mawae? They haven't been part of the most successful teams for the most part. The list is valid, get over it. Jesus, you Steeler fans are incorrigible.

If the Ref ..SEEEEEEN Him Grab your balls He woulda Thrown the Flag. CUZ ITS Dirty (and perverted) . The Refs SEEN Hines Blast those Defensive players and No Flags ??? Why ?? Because it Wasnt Against the RULES !!! Geeezz man. Come on your the guy sounding Dumb "TCpullsout"

So comprehension isn't your strong point. Or maybe I didn't make myself clear. They saw it. Repeatedly. But that doesn't matter. The point of the matter is, just because it wasn't illegal, doesn't mean it's not dirty.

As I said before- how can it be sour grapes if the list is also comprised of Richie Incognito, Harvey Dahl and Kevin Mawae? They haven't been part of the most successful teams for the most part. The list is valid, get over it. Jesus, you Steeler fans are incorrigible.

NO ...YOUR issue with Hines...

So comprehension isn't your strong point. Or maybe I didn't make myself clear. They saw it. Repeatedly. But that doesn't matter. The point of the matter is, just because it wasn't illegal, doesn't mean it's not dirty.

Poor Officiating dude. I Bet you in the NFL you get pulled down by the Balls and the Zebras see it ...15 yards !!

NO ...YOUR issue with Hines...

This whole thread is based on people's issues with Ward. I've gone on record saying I think he's a great player a multitude of times. What the hell is the matter with you? Are you literally Retarded? Because if that's the case, I feel bad.

This whole thread is based on people's issues with Ward. I've gone on record saying I think he's a great player a multitude of times. What the hell is the matter with you? Are you literally Retarded? Because if that's the case, I feel bad.

Why is it that you have to PERSONALLY ATTACK me. Because I don't agree with you. Now a Phrase I understand ..but come on guy. I am not LITERALLY RetardED . We dont have to agree... by the way .

Football Glossary - Unnecessary Roughness

Filed In:Football

Definition: An illegal play where a player, in the judgement of the officials, uses tactics that are above and beyond what is neccesary to block or tackle another player. I am thinking in MOST Cases the Official would consider "Ball Crushing" to fall in that category.

That really sucked for you but its different in the NFL. Players get fined for making hit on qbs Goodell decides where "too intiminating". Their will be major sanctions against any player who would try it in the NFL; especially repeat offenders or a mjor incidental.

60 some posts and You come across with the authority of a Grandfather. You may want to see how someone is overall before you start Insulting them as a Person . Over a differance of opinion. I been her 4 yrs. If I didnt Respect your Teams History and Fans I would not have lasted that long.

60 some posts and You come across with the authority of a Grandfather. You may want to see how someone is overall before you start Insulting them as a Person . Over a differance of opinion. I been her 4 yrs. If I didnt Respect your Teams History and Fans I would not have lasted that long.

I wasn't aware that my number of posts was at all any indicator of my wisdom and/or knowledge.

That really sucked for you but its different in the NFL. Players get fined for making hit on qbs Goodell decides where "too intiminating". Their will be major sanctions against any player who would try it in the NFL; especially repeat offenders or a mjor incidental.

So, what you're telling me is that in the NFL, people will get fined for shots that are illegal, even if they aren't technically illegal at the time? Hm, interesting. You may want to talk to your boy up there.

Archived