THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...irty/index.html

By Richard Deitsch, SI.com

PRINT EMAIL Buzz up! FACEBOOK DIGG TWITTER RSS SHARE

Steelers WR Hines Ward, shown here getting into a scuffle during Super Bowl XLIII, is in his 12th season in the NFL.

Getty Images

Hines Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL, according to a Sports Illustrated poll of 296 players released this week.

The Steelers' wide receiver, long considered the league's best blocking wide receiver, received 11.6 percent of the vote. He was followed by Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (6.0), Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter (6.0), Bengals safety Roy Williams (5.1) and Titans center Kevin Mawae (4.6). Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan (4.2), Rams guard Richie Incognito (3.7), Falcons guard Harvey Dahl (3.7), Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (3.7) and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen (3.2) rounded out the top 10.

Ward, 33, has a long history of physical play. Last October, he was fined $15,000 for hits in back-to-back weeks that weren't penalized during the game. Later that month, Ward broke the jaw of Bengals rookie linebacker Keith Rivers with a surprise downfield block. The hit, which ended Rivers' season, did not draw a flag. "That's what he's known for," Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe said. "He's a blind-side guy."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0VvJRltsS

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...irty/index.html

By Richard Deitsch, SI.com

PRINT EMAIL Buzz up! FACEBOOK DIGG TWITTER RSS SHARE

Steelers WR Hines Ward, shown here getting into a scuffle during Super Bowl XLIII, is in his 12th season in the NFL.

Getty Images

Hines Ward is the dirtiest player in the NFL, according to a Sports Illustrated poll of 296 players released this week.

The Steelers' wide receiver, long considered the league's best blocking wide receiver, received 11.6 percent of the vote. He was followed by Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (6.0), Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter (6.0), Bengals safety Roy Williams (5.1) and Titans center Kevin Mawae (4.6). Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan (4.2), Rams guard Richie Incognito (3.7), Falcons guard Harvey Dahl (3.7), Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (3.7) and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen (3.2) rounded out the top 10.

Ward, 33, has a long history of physical play. Last October, he was fined $15,000 for hits in back-to-back weeks that weren't penalized during the game. Later that month, Ward broke the jaw of Bengals rookie linebacker Keith Rivers with a surprise downfield block. The hit, which ended Rivers' season, did not draw a flag. "That's what he's known for," Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe said. "He's a blind-side guy."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0VvJRltsS

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

What's the point? Simply general information for us to read?

Like Pete Franklin used to say, it is better for other teams to dislik you because you cleaned his clock and won the game compared to somebody who is 'nice' but never wins.

Just about everybody on this list could play for my team any day of the week. FWIW.

Again, I'm not sure there is a message here, or not.

What's the point? Simply general information for us to read?

Like Pete Franklin used to say, it is better for other teams to dislik you because you cleaned his clock and won the game compared to somebody who is 'nice' but never wins.

Just about everybody on this list could play for my team any day of the week. FWIW.

Again, I'm not sure there is a message here, or not.

Im pretty sure we could fill out a list of the NFL's tope 10 "sweetest" guys

He also has 3 MVP selections

4 Time Pro Bowl Selection

A streak of 4 1000 yd seasons

Named to 2 ALL-NFL Teams

Steelers all time leading receiver

Steelers all time TD Receiver

Two Super Bowl Rings

and MVP of Super Bowl XL

Steelers drafted him in the third round.

Future Hall of Fame inductee.

Still don't understand the point of this thread.

Isn't there ENOUGH Browns news to chew on rather than focus on something that is - at best at this point - a 'sour grapes' discussion

Hmmm, maybe. Borderline. I think he will have a lot of competition, particularly among other receivers that are his contemporaries.

Hmmm, maybe. Borderline. I think he will have a lot of competition, particularly among other receivers that are his contemporaries.

On this point consider first the guys slightly ahead of him that would go in: Rice, Chris Carter, Tim Brown. These guys are not really his contemporaries. But what of these guys who are:

Marvin Harrison

Terrell Owens

Isaac Bruce

Tori Holt

Donald Driver

Muhsin Muhammed

Eric Moulds

Chad Octopussy

Randy Moss

Whines Hard is not necessarily a slam dunk to go in over any of these.

Heres My Issue with this. Defenders have NO problem Drilling a Guy who doesnt see them coming. Bart Scott was on espn radio tuesday saying his "Best" Hit ever was on Ben Roethlisberger ... "And he never seen me coming...I had a 15 yard head start , I thought I Killed him , he was down like 10 minutes" (paraphrased) He did say he was concerned afterward ... but these same defenders dont want be the "Hunted". So No offense , its football and a WR that has to go over the middle as part of his Job yet still takes pride in Jacking a defender trying to stop our offense ?? I have No Problem with that. The defensive guys who are offended by it... sorry it smells of a double standard.

Not to mention the refs he couldn't pay off he sucked off so All the S.B. bullshit you throw gets laughed away because the 05 S.B. wich was the worst games ever played because the refs had a hand on the flag every play waiting to throw against Seattle.

LOL Your not very Intelligent are you ??

And consider these further names who could be in line for HOF induction over HW or who are contemporaries that may get equal HOF consideration:

Andre Reed

Rod Smith

Tony Gonzales

Joey Galloway

Shannon Sharpe

Irving Fryar

Art Powell

Laverneus Coles

Derrick Mason

TJ Houshmanzadeh

If you took all the people in these two posts how would you rate them for consideration for HOF induction?

Browns fans are so jealous of everything Steelers. It is sad you cannot compete in the AFC North.

But the Steelers, Ravens, and now the Bengals are competing for king of the hill and the browns are 1-7.

THE RAGING JEALOUSY OF THE STEELERS SUCCESS continues in Cleveland.. How sad..

OK, I will conduct this exercise myself. This would be my priority list of who is HOF worthy from the names I posted. Please let me know if you think I left anyone off:

1. Jerry Rice

2. Chris Carter

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Tony Gonzales

5. Randy Moss

6. Tim Brown

7. Terrell Owens

8. Shannon Sharpe

9. Isaac Bruce

10. TJ Houshmanzedah

11. Andre Reed

12. Art Powell

13. Hines Ward

14. Tori Holt

15. Muhsin Muhammed

16. Donald Driver

17. Chad Octopussy

18. Irving Fryar

19. Joey Galloway

20. Eric Moulds

21. Laverneus Coles

22. Derrick Mason

Browns fans are so jealous of everything Steelers. It is sad you cannot compete in the AFC North.

But the Steelers, Ravens, and now the Bengals are competing for king of the hill and the browns are 1-7.

Are you so dimwitted as to not be able to engage in a meaningful discussion/debate on any subject whatsoever? You were too dumb even to answer one single question on Steeler History.

That's completely missing the point. I wouldn't like Ward any more in a Browns uniform. God, that would truly suck. It was hard for me when Butch Davis was coach, and I thought of him as an asshole. I want players/coaches I respect and care about.

OK, I will conduct this exercise myself. This would be my priority list of who is HOF worthy from the names I posted. Please let me know if you think I left anyone off:

1. Jerry Rice

2. Chris Carter

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Tony Gonzales

5. Randy Moss

6. Tim Brown

7. Terrell Owens

8. Shannon Sharpe

9. Isaac Bruce

10. TJ Houshmanzedah

11. Andre Reed

12. Art Powell

13. Hines Ward

14. Tori Holt

15. Muhsin Muhammed

16. Donald Driver

17. Chad Octopussy

18. Irving Fryar

19. Joey Galloway

20. Eric Moulds

21. Laverneus Coles

22. Derrick Mason

I think the HOF list ends at #9 with the exception of possibly #17 Chad Ochostinko because his mouth makes him so well known and even liked by some of the voters.

I am a diehard Browns fan & this isn't politically correct in NE Ohio, but...

Hines Ward is one HELL of a football player & I just wish the Browns had him.

Mike

1. Jerry Rice

2. Chris Carter

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Tony Gonzales

5. Randy Moss

6. Tim Brown

7. Terrell Owens

8. Shannon Sharpe

9. Isaac Bruce

10. TJ Houshmanzedah

11. Andre Reed

12. Art Powell

13. Hines Ward

14. Tori Holt

15. Muhsin Muhammed

16. Donald Driver

17. Chad Octopussy

18. Irving Fryar

19. Joey Galloway

20. Eric Moulds

21. Laverneus Coles

22. Derrick Mason

You have Houshmanzedah WAY too high.

Zombo

I am a diehard Browns fan & this isn't politically correct in NE Ohio, but...

Hines Ward is one HELL of a football player & I just wish the Browns had him.

Mike

If we had him, I would like him. He is a good tough player. I don't think anyone denies that. It's just that in about 1 in every 100 plays he does something that his peers feel is beyond the realm of proper conduct.

Again, I don't know why a Steeler fan would complain to us about this. It was the other 1643 NFL football players in the league from Seattle to Miami, from New England to San Diego that placed the distinction on him as dirtiest player in the league. It wasn't Cleveland Browns fans.

If he were on the Browns, absolutely we would probably overlook his shortcomings.

By the way, and let me know if anyone agrees with me: I still think Albert Belle had every right to clean Fernando Vina's clock even though a lot of people raged about what a dirty play it was. You all know what I am talking about. No way. Vina's butt was in the way and AB did what he had to do to break up that double play. Maybe Steeler fans see Whiney the way we saw Albert.

Again DJ I will ask you, why are you dedicating hours of your life to a Browns board if your not a fan? It would be different if you talked football but you dont. Just think all that time you spend on here signing up, reading the post, and posting yourself could be used for something useful, such as a dna test to find out which uncle you have that is also your dad? Did the bully at school have a Browns hat on when he took your lunch money? Is that why your here, on the internet, running your mouth? Trying to get back at him or something?

Archived