THE BROWNS BOARD

49ers Hungry for some Anderception!!!

WPB Dawg Fan

Seems Mort thinks that DA has 2nd round value....and names...the JETS!!!

Robbie (Indianapolis): I'm one of the few Browns fans that agree with you in that the Browns were unfair to Derek Anderson. That being said, it's all over for DA in Cleveland. What is his trade value this offseason?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: I think he will be a great pick-up for someone (the Jets, especially if Favre retires) and it would seem he could bring 2nd round value.

Interesting!

I would also be surprised that anyone gives up a high pick for Anderson as well. If we're going to get rid of him, he's gonna be released before the date that the bonus would be paid. I don't see the point of someone trading for him..

Guest Masters

Yeah, but keep in mind Shep this draft will include Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, Graham Harrell, and maybe Colt McCoy. Then throw in Sanchez and Stafford. They could all go in the first two rounds potentially. The teams that need a QB are likely to grab them. Jets, like you said, if Favre retires, but I don't think he'll retire this year. He'll go one more with the Jets.

Yeah, but keep in mind Shep this draft will include Chase Daniel, Tim Tebow, Graham Harrell, and maybe Colt McCoy. Then throw in Sanchez and Stafford. They could all go in the first two rounds potentially.

In my amateur opinion, I don't see one of these guys other than Sanchez (MAYBE Stafford or McCoy) being a potential franchise QB. Daniel is great but may suffer from the height bias, Harrell and Tebow strike me as more "products of the system."

That being said, even if quantity dominats quality in the draft this year as far as QB goes, there might not be a huge market for a moron with a big arm...errr one-dimentional QB...

again, if we could get a two or a three for anderson, i'd go nuts. i just don't think there's any way that there's a GM out there, now that millen's gone, who will give up anything more than a four or a five for a guy who can't make the short throws that keep drives alive and teams in games.

anderson really hurts his team by keeping the defense on the field a lot of times. while not every drive needs to produce points, it helps to at least get a couple first downs so your defense doesn't entirely tire out.

while anderson can often hit a home-run-style pass, his inability to hit anything short is as big a problem as his arm strength is a boon. we just have to hope there's a team willing to take that risk.

also, his roster bonus is due in march. that means savvy teams can just wait until we're forced to cut him and sign him as an RFA instead of trading for him, which seems the likeliest scenario to me.

Archived