THE BROWNS BOARD

Wooo sixth row tickets

VaporTrail

I got sixth row tickets up in this bitch at the 25 yard line sw side. I am pumped. Unfortunately, I'm probably gonna lose my job for going. Need to find someone to cover 3 shifts of mine this weekend.

I once got demoted for going to a Browns game. I was a retail manager for a well known NorthEastern Ohio drug store chain back in December of '94. Only two managers per store and not enough fill in guys to cover vacations and the like.

The minute I knew the Browns were going to have a home playoff game, I informed my supervisor I had tickets and was planning to go. Would he please find someone to cover my shift on New Year's Day of '95. He hemmed and hawed and said he'd try and see what he could do.

I talked to him every day during the week between Christmas and New Year's Day asking if he had someone to cover. Said he was trying ...blah blah blah. I informed him in no uncertain terms. I am GOING to this game (Browns vs. Patriots.) On New Year's Eve he called me at home at about 10 p.m. and left a message on my machine that he couldn't find anyone and that I would have to work in the morning. I listened as he left the message and completely ignored it. I later told him I wasn't home that evening and never got the message until after the game.

I got up early, hooked up with some friends and we were tailgating and drinking by 9 a.m. in C-Town. I got to watch what to this point was the last Browns home playoff game and an exciting win at that. I've never regretted my decision to blow off work that day. About 2 weeks later they demoted me from Manager to Assistant Manager in a different store. The whole thing was B.S. because there were two Manager Trainee's that lived IN my city that had that day off and could have covered my shift. The supervisor never even tried.

Belichik's Browns 20 Parcell's Patriots 13.

I had a total blast that day.

Doug

I think I got my job through Monster. Best thing is that this is the most relaxed, casual corporate headquarters of any company I've ever heard of. If I told one of my bosses I was going to miss work for a browns game... they would ask if I had an extra ticket icon_e_smile.gif

I need to decide what's more important. Going to see the Browns kick the Ravens asses, or my cell phone and this girl I just started dating. lol, I lose this job, i'll be saying good bye to both of the latter. I'm going to this game regardless.

There is no question, football is always more important than birds or money. It's a life constant, birds and money are not.

And whilst we are on advice line here, only marry if you have to and if you have to, only marry someone who is as crazy about football as you are. Perfect life = No wife + Season Ticket + dirty disposable girlfriends + moderately taxing employment.

Enjoy the tickets and lets hope Flacco gets splattered on Sunday.

Agreed. I can remember to this day every detail of that playoff game, but I can't tell you what I did at work the next day.

You only get so many chances to make memories.

The Browns are gonna stomp the Purple Abomination...you DON'T want to miss it.

Doug

Archived