THE BROWNS BOARD

Dropped passes

dawg08

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is about the Receivers ... input?

Yeha, let's give DA a pass because he threw one decent pass all day.

This thread is about a guy that can't throw anything but a 100mph fastball. You notice those sidleline outs that were uncatchable? Gonna blame Robiskie for the high out he couldn't drag his feet on?

You notice the dork that can't handle a snap from center? Or underthrow a gift INT into double coverage?

You notice a guy that can't even complete 50% suck level of his passes?

You notice the guy that sees a jailhouse blitz coming and is clueless about how to handle it? (Go watch Flacco compete a pass given the same situation).

SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS ARE SO USED TO SEEING SHIT QUARTERBACKING, YOU'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT A REAL LIVE GOOD NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.

It's a little from column "A" and a little from column "B". Anderson needs to get better with his throws but the recievers also need to make plays. Every throw can't be picture perfect.

I couldnt have said it better myself by just adding insult to both columns! hehehehehe ;)

LOL...input? Sure. Our RECEIVERS suck BECAUSE of DA's passes.

Are you serious? Please tell me you are busting balls.

If the ball hits you IN THE HANDS you have to catch it. Except when you are in pop warner football. Shit even in high school football you know that.

Very dumb comment. We had a ton of drops with Quinn as well.

#1 PROBLEM with the Team.

If the ball hits you in the hands 7 - 15 times a game.

How can you generate a drive???

How can the Defense get a rest?

How can any QB look good??

Simple, easy, right in the hands passes...

7 to 15 per game.

#1 Problem..

The team is getting "slightly" better since the first few games, but you can't see that very well when simple passes keep hitting everyone in the hands.

This thread is about a guy that can't throw anything but a 100mph fastball. You notice those sidleline outs that were uncatchable? Gonna blame Robiskie for the high out he couldn't drag his feet on?

You notice the dork that can't handle a snap from center? Or underthrow a gift INT into double coverage?

You notice the guy that sees a jailhouse blitz coming and is clueless about how to handle it? (Go watch Flacco compete a pass given the same situation).

SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS ARE SO USED TO SEEING SHIT QUARTERBACKING, YOU'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT A REAL LIVE GOOD NFL QB LOOKS LIKE.

This Thread is about WR's ... sober-up and try again.

From an outsiders point of view, it was a receiver fest of drops. Yes, DA had a pretty off day, but not as bad as the numbers indicate. Your receivers are terrible. That Massaquoi??guy has a lot of upside though, as well as Robiskie, but you need some guys that can catch. You cant blame DA for throwing the ball too hard, that's just stupid. Elway threw a lot harder and his guys caught the ball. DA may not be your answer, but he is the best you have right now. He was a good QB in '07 when you had some decent catching receivers.

If the ball hits you in the hands, you make the catch. Period. I didnt see many balls that were 100% DA's fault today. Call me crazy, I just didn't.

I do agree that Anderson needs to do a better job with ball placement to give his guys a chance to get some YAC. But they'd have to catch the ball first.

8 drops in the first game...... i honestly dont even know how many more this game...... I like how suddenly these highly paid PROFESSIONAL athletes cant catch these " hard thown inaccurate balls"...... So DA has to place every ball perfectly and the velocity has to be a specific rate...... sure.........

the ONE drive we scored DA was 4-4 and Momass actually caught almost perfectly thown balls....... suddenly we had offense.........

This is not rocket science as much as the DA bashers want it to be....... its simple if in two games you have over 15 drops you cant offensively compete in the NFL.

Perfect analysis of our situation. You can't catch a ball blazing at you 100 mph. DA's got no touch.

Curious how all the receivers just happen to have the dropsies? Common denominator is the awful QB throwing them uncatchable balls.

Eventually someone has to make a freakin play. Not everything can be a feather pass in perfect stride right on the numbers.

I agree.

These guys are paid to catch the ball. It isn't like making many of those "catches" would make some highlight reel. Players all over the league make those catches every Sunday...they make them on Saturday.

Sooner or later we need players to make plays.

This is Bullshit. How can anyone on that team not walk out on to the field and grab MoMass by the face mask and rip him a new asshole?

Do you guys watch other games & high lights? Is it me or does every other team in the league have guys with five fingers on each hand?

I have yet to see 1 defender DROP the ball on DA so this excuse he throws the ball too hard is silly. They showed a video collage of 8 passes dropped vrs Buffalo. The average professional RB, TE or WR can make those catches. In 1 breath we want blame the OC for bad play calling but in the OTHER breath we need to find out WHO we can trust. That can't be easy calling plays right now. Parcells would have cut every receiver that couldn't catch the ball if he watched history repeat itself too many times.

There's times he can add some touch but there's ALSO times our WRs need to come BACK to the ball and close on it when applicable. Guys that aren't SCARED can concentrate and focus. Guys that are scared are in the wrong business. It's up to those at the business end to decide if we waste the next 10 weeks on dropping easy passes or we sign guys like maybe Marvin Harrison or even Matt Jones. It's not like we have much of an alternative. We can also pray Heiden gets healthy enough to play again.

- Tom F.

Robiskie was able to handle those darts thrown by DA. I'd like to see more of him. Granted he only caught 2 balls (and one was out of bounds), but he has good hands. Let's start throwing to the guys who can catch...Robo, Furry...am I missing anyone?

Robiskie was able to handle those darts thrown by DA. I'd like to see more of him. Granted he only caught 2 balls (and one was out of bounds), but he has good hands. Let's start throwing to the guys who can catch...Robo, Furry...am I missing anyone?

that won't happen, DA only throws to the primary reciever. just like in madden where players only throw to the orange route. thats why almoast all his passes were to braylon when on the team, and now to momass. DA only throws to the orange route.

I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.

Mike

Derrick Anderson had a decent game today. It was not the best but most of his passes should have been caught by these "professionals". Jerrry Rice once said if the ball hits you in the hands your supposed to catch it. Momass had a decent game when he caught the ball. Robo looks to do alright when he gets the ball thrown at him. His separation in college was not that good so that could be a reason why he does not get many passes his way.

I have stayed away from commenting about "drops" & QB issues, but I feel compelled to do so now. I believe in the "common denominator", that being DA. There are too many different receivers dropping balls thrown by the same guy...Why? It seems to me that on short passes, everything DA throws is not only HARD, but on a downward trajectory from the time the ball leaves his hand. This "no arc" trajectory may also help explain the number of passes he has batted down, which is strange given his height. A hard ball thrown downward has got to be a tough ball to handle, especially if it is slightly behind the target. Just my thoughts & observations.

Mike

Which I agree.

But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.

I think we have talent at the WR position but I think that it comes down to the mentality around Berea and in the locker room. Look at Edwards first game with the Jets. He was catching everything thrown at him.... We need to get someone like singletary or cowher in there. Were to soft in all aspects!!! Its pissing me off!

But there have been plenty of other drops that include hitting a guy between the numbers.

You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.

Mike

Momass is the New & Improved BE!

Robo caught everything thrown his way 100% one was out of bounds but the other was a nice one over the middle. Momass may have some great seperation speed but there is a reason he was not a 1st round pick.

You're right. Our young receivers need time to develop, & in addition to needing experience, I think they're pressing. It's not like they walked into a successful scenario. At times I haven't been very patient with this team, but I think we all need to take our lumps, understand we seem to be headed in the right direction (FINALLY!), & remain loyal to our beloved Browns.

Mike

Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.

Oh, I'm with you on (trying) to be patient with this team, and agree I think we are heading forward. What I can't agree with is an excuse of ANY receiver, rookie or veteran, dropping balls that hit them between the numbers. I can excuse the learning curve of adjusting to and reading defenses, and learning routes, technique, etc... Catching the ball? Nope, won't allot them that.

I'm on board the receivers have to do a better job holding onto the ball- I'd hope you guys are on board that Anderson needs to be sat down, he's as big a part of the problem. If not Quinn, put in Ratliff.

Archived