THE BROWNS BOARD

The Offseason

CIMO.

I just don't see the similarities. Acta's a young, bilingual, respected Dominican native, stresses defense, uses advanced stats. It's hard to judge him on his W-L record considering how awful the Nationals have been talent-wise, and the "he doesn't steal" thing doesn't get me considering the team stole a decent amount of bases despite having one of the worst success rates in the majors.

The sacrifice hits are debatable...I hate them, especially when you're supposed to be an offensive team. At full health, there's not really anyone on the Tribe who I want to take the bat of his hands. If it's a 2-1 game I can get behind it, but not over the course of a season.

The real similarities to Wedge come down to the fact of the matter. Experience with young players, managing a small market team. It doesn't make much sense to bring in a Joe Torre, Phil Jackson type who's known for managing the egos of superstars.

yeah manny acta is a wedge clone. he doesn't steal, put on hit and runs or sacrifice bunt. he sucks.

Yeah, that's an interesting way to look at the game. Not saying you're an idiot (or that you suck) for thinking that way, but please do share why you're in favor of stolen base attempts, hit and runs and sacrifice bunts. Doesn't matter if you focus on the personnel currently on this team or just in general.

I'm seriously eager to learn why you feel that way.

Beanpot

Archived