THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson is going to rip the Steelers a new A-hole

Guest CardDawg

LOL, I'm heading out to Mentor to watch my Mentor Cardinals send 7-0 Maple Hts home crying (again).

Good luck...just hoping the Braves can win the Battle of Bagley.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I said it ... Good Team This Year.

I'm not sure where all the whiney pansies that cared more about "thanks buttons" and "QB ratings" than tough-ass wins went to, but it's been kind of nice around here the past couple days ... we're talking football like adults during Steeler week.

This is the toughest Browns team the Steelers have faced since Belichick.

Zombo

Man, I just got done reading that Pep Talk and tackled a secretary at the water fountain outside my office!

(Hold-on, I'm being summonded to the HR office ... brb)

Yeah no kidding ... WTF, I haven't even heard their name mentioned in at least two years. What happened to the RB factory over there?

(BTW Bob, Go Braves!)

Well, in the 05/06 school year, Benedictine went through some.... changes... a new Principal and Vice Principal were brought in making a HARD push on academics, and being fairly strict with football players and grades fired a bunch of well known/liked and knowledgeable teachers.

Then, in the 2008-2009 year those 2 were fired due to some issues.. (presumably the football team beginning to suck, and their "mishandling" of certain in school occurances) and one of the teacher sthat left with their appearance has come back and taken the job of principal (he was also one of the freshman FB coaches). We should get better over the next few years, but the whole Raymond Williams incident did damage as did the hiring/firing of staff

Well, in the 05/06 school year, Benedictine went through some.... changes... a new Principal and Vice Principal were brought in making a HARD push on academics, and being fairly strict with football players and grades fired a bunch of well known/liked and knowledgeable teachers.

Then, in the 2008-2009 year those 2 were fired due to some issues.. (presumably the football team beginning to suck, and their "mishandling" of certain in school occurances) and one of the teacher sthat left with their appearance has come back and taken the job of principal (he was also one of the freshman FB coaches). We should get better over the next few years, but the whole Raymond Williams incident did damage as did the hiring/firing of staff

What are wrong with these schools??? Academics over football ... this is Northeast Ohio for crying out loud!!!

Didn't they build a new facility, or something controversy surrounding the building of a new sports facility (maybe a squashed levy)?

I see they still play a tough schedule (Lake Catholic, Chardon, Ed's, Mooney, Walsh Jesuit, St. Francis DeSales), so that's good.

WTF happened to Chardon this year? Don't mean to rain on Benedictines only win, but Chardon has fallen right off the top as well.

(Sorry people, maybe the Mods can move this High School chatter to the H.S. Forum ...)

I hope most on this thread are right and im wrong..i get this insidious score below on scenario one based on the steelers shutting our run down early and often forcing us to the air... 4 other scenario's are also possible..

(1)Mangini will turn DA loose when running the ball isnt an option in an attemp to spread the stoolers out DA becomes mr.anderception between his own panic of pressure and 2 newbie WRs...final score:

Stoolers 44

Browns 6

(2)Mangini will turn DA loose when running the ball isnt an option in an attemp to spread the stoolers defense out DA becomes Mr.Machine gun the WRs are catching the line is holding..DA is staying calm and cool..the run opens back up just enough...final score

Browns 23

Stoolers17

(3)We cant run the ball and dumbo and mangoofy decide to turtle up in order to prevent an anderception fest...final score:

Stoolers 31

Browns 6

(4)Both teams play a hard fought afcn style non productive game on both sides of the ball neither really dominating...final score:

Stoolers 17

Browns 12

(5)Totally unlikely...the browns finally throw it all together and click on both sides of the ball...final score:

Browns 38

Stoolers 10

I really think the browns performances against cincy and the bills were mere illusions and we will see the browns return to their true form(suck)from this game thru the bears game we will be destroyed and butt raped by them all...hehehehe ;)

I really think the browns performances against cincy and the bills were mere illusions and we will see the browns return to their true form(suck)from this game thru the bears game we will be destroyed and butt raped by them all...hehehehe ;)

not so fast Stooler fan. Quinn ain't playing any more. This is a whole new ball team.

Me too.

Everyone of those sold-out coaches that laughed at us as studio hosts last week would have LOVED that win as a coach.

That was a coaches game. Any tiny thing goes wrong and you could lose field position, momentum, and the game.

The game was close from start to finsish, with each side trying not to give up the big play.

Our defense hit hard, swarmed, got after the passer, gang-tackled ... what more could you ask for?

Everyone is acting like we just out-stumbled the 76 Bucs or couldn't beat a college team. We just shut down Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Terrel Owens and Lee Evans for three hours without giving them a whiff of the end zone.

This team is playing VERY tough. Two weeks in a row. Tough Defense. Tough Special Teams. Tough Running Game ... If Anderson develops some timing with these young receivers and gets guys like Momass, Cribbs and Harrison in space .... we can be a good football team the rest of the year.

Yeah, I said it ... Good Team This Year.

I'm not sure where all the whiney pansies that cared more about "thanks buttons" and "QB ratings" than tough-ass wins went to, but it's been kind of nice around here the past couple days ... we're talking football like adults during Steeler week.

This is the toughest Browns team the Steelers have faced since Belichick.

Zombo

Yea one big difference Zombo Trent Edwards was playing QB for the Bills this week and Big Gay Ben will be playing QB for the Steelers and whether you will admit it or not that's the biggest difference of all. Ben has been playing lights out the first 5 games of this season and he always lights up the Browns. The Steelers offense has scored 86 points the last 3 weeks and is averaging 28.6 points a game in that span. I expect that number to stay the same this week against the Browns if not go up some...You will find out right away come Sunday that this is not the Buffalo Bills offense or Bills football team that the Browns went up against last week...Look for Holmes and Heath Miller to have big games receiving this week...

The Steelers offense has scored 86 points the last 3 weeks and is averaging 28.6 points a game in that span. I expect that number to stay the same this week against the Browns if not go up some...

FYI the Browns have not allowed an offensive TD in seven qtrs, 24 opponent possessions.

Guest 88fingerslewy
FYI the Browns have not allowed an offensive TD in seven qtrs, 24 opponent possessions.
Holy crap lummy, you're starting to grow on me. Quoting stats about the team. Wow. That's a nice stat too btw

FYI the BILLS STINK!!! They have scored a total of 20 points in their last 3 games and their only win of the season was against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who have yet to win a game and are one of the worst teams in football. So keeping them out of the end zone for a whole game doesnt tell me anything because it's as simple as this the BILLS STINK!! The Browns much like they never do wont stop Big Gay Ben, they wont stop the Steelers running game,and their offense like by yo-yo Anderson wont figure out a way how to score against the Steelers defense. If the Steelers offense is clicking like it was on all cylinders like it was in the first half of the San Diego game here in Pittsburgh 2 weeks ago the Steelers should be up by 20 plus points in this game going into halftime much like they were that game against the Chargers...

It's very concerning having two rookie WRs and a 3rd who's only been on the team 10 days. Plus having a TE with a dislocated finger.

However I have guarded optimism for this game. It screams let down game from the Steelers. I even picked up MoMass for my fantasy team.

This is not a let down game for the STEELERS. It is in fact a must win and this team is pumped because of the return of two of our starters. You are not really a browns fan, and you certainly don't understand the STEELERS. That is obvious.

Archived