THE BROWNS BOARD

What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

ClevelandFanForLife

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Counter-Intelligence in the Navy. Advanced to E-6 after 4 years.

You need to change your signature to IS1 First Class! Congratulations! Did they do away with the minimum 7 years time in service for E-6? That is a quick promotion time. Chief wont come easy though, unless things have changed. It becomes more political with the selection boards, etc. Need LPO at sea time with 4.0 evals and Enlisted Surface Warfare Quals. Keep it up!

Corporal in UK's Royal Air Force, served for coming upto 20 years now, though think need to move to Ohio to find job once done with Military to save of costs of travelling over to follow the browns !!!!

My room when first Joined Air Force in 1990 !!

untitled-1.jpg

Admit it Hoorta, you are really a vampire and your occupation is a coverup!

Well, you do know I am the night shift moderator. :D

O-D-C-E-c+e+Cw-f+G-H+M+N+P1+S-s+K-k+Fya+Fyb+Jka-Jkb+Lea-Leb+

LOL, there's my extended blood type, minus a few hundred more I haven't checked out yet.

And excuse me for giving a blatant plug here- if everyone that's healthy enough to give blood would do so just once a year- there wouldn't be any blood shortage in the United States.

I havent gotten frocked yet !

But yeah, i came in a SN, made 3rd immediately, made 2nd at my 2 year mark then got 2 EP's and took the E-6 exam a year early. Im getting out at around my 7 year mark, so i dont think Chief is in my future!

Im 70 credits into my degree in International Relations, im going to apply to the FBI, CIA and State Department when I get out.

Congrats on making First Class, I didn't know the reesults are out already!

If you keep getting EP's you can take the Chief's test a year early too, good luck.

Corporal in UK's Royal Air Force, served for coming upto 20 years now, though think need to move to Ohio to find job once done with Military to save of costs of travelling over to follow the browns !!!!

My room when first Joined Air Force in 1990 !!

untitled-1.jpg

A couple of things Mr. RAF Sir, (or I guess they don't call a corporal "sir" do they? What do they call you? Or perhaps you have been Knighted...then you would be a "Sir". Have you been knighted?

Is that a Scottish Flag I see you flying?

More importantly: I had a cousin (actually, my mother's first cousin) who was one of the top aces in the RAF in WWII. He was from New Zealand, but joined the RAF in mid-30s. He had 22 kills, had 9 planes shot out from under him. He received like every honor they could give (DFO, DFC, OBE, including receiving honors from both France and the US). He of course served in the Battle of Britain, was one of "The Few". He was one of the guys chasing down Rudolph Hess's plane when he flew into England. Later during the war liaised with the USAF. After the war for a period was the personal aide de camp to HRH*. He led the RAF honor cortege at the funeral of Winston Churchill. Wrote a book about his exploits called Nine Lives, pretty interesting.

* for the uninformed, HRH means "Her Royal Highness, the Queen".

Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Christopher_Deere

Project Manager for a Company who specailizes in 'floating heavy loads on air'. We have a product that we can place under heavy industrial/manufactured equipment such as aircraft, military vehicles, Heavy power Industry (such as transformers, huge 300+ton Diesel engines for ships or power plants), Nuclear waste, etc... and reduce the friction under them by using large volume of air (relatively low pressure). This allow for omni-direction movement of the load. Awesome for setting large stamping presses and machinery for riggers. Our product is constructed into steel frame platforms with steerable drive systems for moving heavy production equipment on assembly lines (such as farm equipment, trucks, military vehicles, switch gear, etc..).

Its a rather small industry worldwide, but not many players either. It's an interesting product because we are not tied to any one industry and get to see a lot of big shit being built, such as ship components and huge aircraft such as the airbus.

Rigging%20equipment.jpgAir%20Film%20Transporters.jpgAutomated%20Guided%20Vehicles.jpgair%20bearing%20load%20handlers.jpgtransport%20tall%20transformers.jpgAircraft%20handling.JPG

On my spare time, I use to wipe noses around here and coach baseball. Today, I just laugh at people and coach baseball.

Project Manager for a Company who specailizes in 'floating heavy loads on air'. We have a product that we can place under heavy industrial/manufactured equipment such as aircraft, military vehicles, Heavy power Industry (such as transformers, huge 300+ton Diesel engines for ships or power plants), Nuclear waste, etc... and reduce the friction under them by using large volume of air (relatively low pressure). This allow for omni-direction movement of the load. Awesome for setting large stamping presses and machinery for riggers. Our product is constructed into steel frame platforms with steerable drive systems for moving heavy production equipment on assembly lines (such as farm equipment, trucks, military vehicles, switch gear, etc..).

Its a rather small industry worldwide, but not many players either. It's an interesting product because we are not tied to any one industry and get to see a lot of big shit being built, such as ship components and huge aircraft such as the airbus.

Rigging%20equipment.jpgAir%20Film%20Transporters.jpgAutomated%20Guided%20Vehicles.jpgair%20bearing%20load%20handlers.jpgtransport%20tall%20transformers.jpgHarrier%20workcell.jpgAircraft%20handling.JPG

On my spare time, I use to wipe noses around here and coach baseball. Today, I just laugh at people and coach baseball.

Why don't you "morph" that technology and create a passenger vehicle that would "ride on air". Kind of a personal hovercraft.

Why don't you "morph" that technology and create a passenger vehicle that would "ride on air". Kind of a personal hovercraft.

It requires a constant flow of air, and a smooth surface to float upon. This technology is used in hospitals for moving large patients from gurney to bed, etc ... or vets use it for transporting a large animal (horse) through an MRI machine, but in order to travel a fast rate of speed, it would require a hell of a lot of air at a rapid pace, which something like a compressor would have to out-put, and be powered (battery) by, etc .. Just not practical.

A hover craft is much different it works on Jet propulsion

High Speed trains 'elevate/float' but are based off of electromagnetic propulsion. Also much different.

To bring our technology on-topic here, Mile High Stadium use to expand and contract the seating depending on the event inside. This was done on similar equipment, but instead of air, they used water. For two reasons: A film of water can carry more weight than air, and it can be recovered and re-used. Large ships are launched from land at times under the same principal.

The Sapporo Dome in Japan can change the playing surfaces from baseball to soccer. The baseball field is of artificial turf and is rolled up after use, but the soccer field is grown outside the stadium and floated into place and set before the games.

The gigantic natural lawn soccer pitch weighs 8,300 tons. It slowly moves into the stadium at a speed of 4 meters per minute using 34 wheels but it also hovers 7.5 centimeters above the ground using air pressure. By storing the pitch outside, the facility is able to better maintain its natural grass. (see picture below)

32-1_b.jpg

Arizona's new stadium was built similar, but here in the states God forbid we do something simpiler and of less cost. Their stadium floor opens up underneith and the field is wheel-driven in and out (having cost a fotune compared to the Japan design), see illustration below:

cardinals.stadium.dbltk.0811.jpg

Stan:

Glad to see you landed on your feet after the marriage between this technology and the portable penis pumps you created didn't work.

LOL, I was seriously thinking about listing that as my occupation (again). I think Westside Steve still believes that is what I do ... or at least the only one I haven't convinced of this 'floating heavy loads on air' gig, as my real occupation.

I also produce children ball teams.

Archived