THE BROWNS BOARD

What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

ClevelandFanForLife

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck Legacy. I was a pre-dent my first 2 years in college then went business. Had my sights on Pacific's 3 year program but knew it wasn't my craft after doing some assisting and seeing it all. What schools do you like?

Thanks Koa. I took the opposite college track.

Yeah I don't mind the "seeing it all" part, although I'll admit the 1st patient I worked on was a former crackhead and while I was prepared for the visual, the sound of a candy cane being crushed was nearly a stomach turner.

Throughout the experience of the application and everything, I've been in a lot of mouths, and done a lot of free clinic work in some majorly underserved areas and there is definitely a need. The more I've done, the more I want to help. Plus in some cases the near instant removal of pain from their lives is a real cheap & easy way to get a "thank you." ;)

As for schools, I'd like to stay in state (VA) there is only 1. Going out of state is about 3x the $$$ but I can move anywhere for just 4 years so I applied to 10 schools all over the country.

well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.

Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...

only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner

For the most part collegiate politics is very similar to real-world politics. Hell, I'd go so far as to say it's probably a better run system. But don't be fooled - no matter how many checks and balances are in place, lobbyists and controlling parties can sway views and decisions. Because in the end, there are decisions that are being made by people. Not machines. People can be swayed, in politics, law and in all aspects of life. Thus, certain 'enticements' occur that can 'sway' funding or a vote no matter how many regulatory factors are involved.

I didn't get as involved as others did, but I will tell you as a 21 year-old college student it was awfully tough to say no when a cute girl from the dance team comes up to you at the bar offering to buy you a drink.....or more!

Damn I miss college. That's it - I'm going Rodney Dangerfield and heading Back to School!!!

Letmedowns, I remember you from ABJ board! A lot of others from that board on here too but under different names.

Riffer = Earthy or Earthedice

JADBF = Golfer

Masters = I can't remember what he was on ABJ?!

I was VBDawg, and a couple of others on here from ABJ minus the big trouble makers.

Oh yeah, VBDawg.... Nice to see ya still going strong. I have to tell you that I like your new screen name much better. :)

Thats who it was Earty boy ( or whatever the 3 stooges called him ) Earthedice was / is a great poster. I knew I remembered that logo of his.

Golfer boy still eating the tax payers money

And I dont think I remember Masters. Must have been another name.

Nice to see you guys again. Wheres Navdawg? That site was fun as hell. I already got booted twice here.

Where the hell is Richy boy aka da itch? God it was fun messing with Jacksplatt and Knowdick.

My real boss and master is Jesus Christ whom I serve as best I can.... for money... I am a professional negotiator for a fortune 500 insurance company and I have been there almost 14 years.. I know.. insurance company. So you guys probably think I am the spawn of satan hahaha.

Archived