THE BROWNS BOARD

What Does Everyone Do For A Living?

ClevelandFanForLife

It's hard to describe my job in a few words. But I am a television engineer/operator/systems designer for the state of PA.

I thought PA was a communistwealth not a state!

And I thought you did nothing but waste the tax payers money on your government job while goofing off on this board all day when you're not out golfing...At least that's what da ich says !

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That picture looks familiar, did you used to post at akron beacon journal site a couple of years back? Just curious.

Letmedowns, I remember you from ABJ board! A lot of others from that board on here too but under different names.

Riffer = Earthy or Earthedice

JADBF = Golfer

Masters = I can't remember what he was on ABJ?!

I was VBDawg, and a couple of others on here from ABJ minus the big trouble makers.

Regional Sales Manager for worldwide construction materials company. Tough times in the industry right now. Still waiting/hoping for some sort of actual stimulus package that will jump-start things, starting with infrastructure upgrades!

Dealing with corporate b.s. most of the time...

I'm on my 3rd career....I guess I get bored.

Currently working as a Fire/EMT/Police Dispatcher for three small communities an hour North of Tucson one of which I reside in. I am SERIOUSLY considering going to the Police Academy in January and becoming a Police Officer. Weird.

Previous career: I was a Printing Press Operator. Made killer bucks, absolutely hated the factory, no windows, get the job done grind.

Previous career: For 13 years I was a retail manager for Discount Drug Mart in NorthEastern Ohio. Worked in many different locations, but was in Avon Lake the longest. I learned ALOT about people (both good and bad) in those 13 years.

Doug

Guest Masters
Letmedowns, I remember you from ABJ board! A lot of others from that board on here too but under different names.

Riffer = Earthy or Earthedice

JADBF = Golfer

Masters = I can't remember what he was on ABJ?!

I was VBDawg, and a couple of others on here from ABJ minus the big trouble makers.

I was MIKMAS

University of Akron

Im an International Business Major, with a minor in Environmental Studies

Im an At-Large Senator and also the Vice Senate Chair

Nice - Student Senate is a good gig. I was on Senate during my days at good old Kent State many years ago. The best part was being part of the allocations program where there were three of us that were in charge of deciding where roughly $500k of student tuition was to be distributed amongst student organizations. We had them come in to present to us about upcoming programs or events that they needed funding for.

I learned quickly how corruption works. It seemed like every night during the funding period we would get approached at Ray's from various people involved in various organizations (the All Campus Programming Board, Black United Students, KGLF, Greek Board, etc) and be offered free drinks and such.

It was amazing how certain 'organizations' like the Kent Dance Club (girls dance team) and Sororities were getting almost all of their programs funded at that time.....! :lol:

I also learned that lifestyle wasn't one that I wanted to maintain throughout the rest of my life. Fun while it lasted, but I needed to move on.

Nice - Student Senate is a good gig. I was on Senate during my days at good old Kent State many years ago. The best part was being part of the allocations program where there were three of us that were in charge of deciding where roughly $500k of student tuition was to be distributed amongst student organizations. We had them come in to present to us about upcoming programs or events that they needed funding for.

I learned quickly how corruption works. It seemed like every night during the funding period we would get approached at Ray's from various people involved in various organizations (the All Campus Programming Board, Black United Students, KGLF, Greek Board, etc) and be offered free drinks and such.

It was amazing how certain 'organizations' like the Kent Dance Club (girls dance team) and Sororities were getting almost all of their programs funded at that time.....! :lol:

I also learned that lifestyle wasn't one that I wanted to maintain throughout the rest of my life. Fun while it lasted, but I needed to move on.

Politics, is fun, challenging, productive, BENEFICIAL... but I honestly dont think there is a more stressful career choice other than maybe sales... which I do as well

Politics, is fun, challenging, productive, BENEFICIAL... but I honestly dont think there is a more stressful career choice other than maybe sales... which I do as well

You must be talking COLLEGE politics.

Politics in the real world is NOTHING like you just explained...... :ph34r:

Physician. Family and Sports Medicine. Rural Ohio.

We're a paperless office, so I carry a laptop around all day as I go room to room, which makes it easy to check the board throughout the day.

In order: Browns, Indians, ND, Blue Jackets and Cavs fan.

Great profession Ocon. I'm calling you Dr. from now on!

Recent grad from University of Central Florida here and I'm currently partnered with my dad in real estate development and investing. Our company owns a strip mall in Michigan, has stake in 2 Arizona shopping malls, and leases out land to 3 chain restaurants.

You must be talking COLLEGE politics.

Politics in the real world is NOTHING like you just explained...... :ph34r:

well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.

Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...

only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner

well, twice a year to go to columbus to visit the statehouse and sit in on senate and committee meetings, as well as have meeting with state representatives. What we do in student government isnt much different, we allocate money just as squintz was saying, we write legislation to fix problems in the school and to promote the interests of the students at the school, we also do alot of volunteer work and such. We have comittees such as facilities and services, communication and correspondence, UAF allocation, Academic and Finance etc. that handle issues with the school meet with administrators, we even have a director of legislative affairs that handles state and federal political issues and brings them to senate and the rest of the organization.

Much of what Squintz was explaining may or may not be part of it, (im not sure if those kinds of things happen exactly due to all the checks and balances in our organization) but it is much like real politics...

only difference is we actually get things done in a timely manner

well that and you do things because you think they are the right thigns to do.

I wasn't knocking college politics mind you. I was knocking REAL WORLD politics. ;) Remember I live in a state that was 101 days late in passing it's budget because they are more worried about what will get them votes and not what needs to be done.

I realize that. However when dealing with civilians it's best to say it in a word they understand. Also saying "I cleaned heads for 22 years" would get to many sarcastic comments. ;)

LOL! I can see how "cleaning heads" might get you in trouble on this board!

Were you always an MA or did you cross-rate from something else?

Interior/Exterior Architectural Building Products

What do you sell primarily? It's pretty le gay but I hobby myself with interior design and home improvement.

My place looks like the product of a Home Makeover episode... oh well chicks dig it.

Previously a project manager for a commercial/marine painting contractor. Hospitals, Universities, shopping centers, Marine construction equipment, etc.

Now I'm waiting to begin Dental school and finishing a Bio-chemistry degree.

Good luck Legacy. I was a pre-dent my first 2 years in college then went business. Had my sights on Pacific's 3 year program but knew it wasn't my craft after doing some assisting and seeing it all. What schools do you like?

Archived