THE BROWNS BOARD

2 completions?

Solon16

Apologist bullshit. 4 completions would have led to 14 points? Possible, but highly improbable. Its more likely a subsequent incompletion on 3rd down would have ended the drive in a punt.

Look, when the common denomonator is the QB you have to pass some blame his way. Pretty simple.

Unreal.

More noticeably, when you have to come up with hypothetical points spun out of whole cloth, your guy sucks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look....I am very confident .....very confident I could complete two passes....TWO passes? regardless of your explanations and your reasoning....TWO passes are two passes. 23 yards? what is the all time suck record...that has to be close!

Didn't get to see the game but I saw TWO? completions? is that right????

That's right. And both were nice plays. We spaced those two completions nicely as well. Wish you could have seen them.

roach (Any more than two would have been considered hoggish)

Guest ATENEARS
Please go ahead. Just don't post any stats explaining why DA sucks. :rolleyes:

Better yet, don't start several new posts listing your stat revolution, have the original merged with the other 15 similar threads, then start new threads again some bitching about censorship and the others with this new stat revolution displayed again (not so new then) ... I mean, you're not Shep for Pete's sake.

I think if he did go 6/17 in those weather conditions not only would it have been more than acceptable, it would have lead to probably 10-14 more points. Hypothetical of course, but nowhere near a shitty day.

Weather? Are you effing kidding? The kid threw for 140 yards in a blizzard. A BLIZZARD.

But that was 2007. Against a better Defense (still Buffalo), and with a bigger day from Lewis.

Guest Masters
Weather? Are you effing kidding? The kid threw for 140 yards in a blizzard. A BLIZZARD.

But that was 2007. Against a better Defense (still Buffalo), and with a bigger day from Lewis.

The wind affects one of the strongest arm QBs in the league, but barely effects Trent Edwards. That's logical :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Braylon Edwards caught some beautiful passes last night from an INTELLIGENT, ATHLETIC QB, and had one drop

on a longer pass but was interfered with and had to dive for it.

And I think DA can't possibly throw so incredibly hard on short throws and be a smart, athletic qb.

I swear we'll have a new starter next year, and maybe a new starter soon.

Anderson stares down his receivers, putting them in jeapardy, throws into coverage, throws with way too much

force on short throws and is inaccurate a lot of the time, doesn't seem to give frick and isn't very mobile because he has bigfoot feet...

and we still have DA defenders here? ROF,L !

Just grow the offense, the qb will come. (I would trade for Kolb of the Eagles in a New York second at this point)

DA did evrything a QB has to do to win a game. The drops are inexcusable. I saw Ben throw a rocket to Ward on 7 yard slant and guess what? Ward caught it and scored. Throwing too hard is junior high crap. That's NEVER an issue in the NFL.

The wind affects one of the strongest arm QBs in the league, but barely effects Trent Edwards. That's logical :rolleyes:

Even the recievers were talking about how the ball was moving as it approached making it harder to carch. The wind is not amyth. Plus, Royal's big drop was into thw wind and the throw was beautiful. Also, Edwards lost.

Guest Masters

No one is saying it wasn't windy. You are missing the point. It's excuse, excuse, excuse every time DA has a game like Sundays. It's the wind (yet the oppposing QB completed more passes - same story in the Cincy game in 2007), it's the guys lined up at WR, he was 5 weeks removed from a concusion, the sun was in his eyes, etc.

But those are only valid if DA is the QB (and no I am not saying Quinn should play, so don't bother twisting it). It's just laughable to see those excuses riduculed when it is another player, but if it's DA, they are valid. He is the worst rated QB in the NFL since the start of 2008 (and probably going back a few weeks into 2007) for a reason. That reason has more to do w/ him than any players around him at this point.

Completing 2 passes and throwing 1 INT is not doing anything a QB has to do or should do to win a game.

DA did evrything a QB has to do to win a game. The drops are inexcusable. I saw Ben throw a rocket to Ward on 7 yard slant and guess what? Ward caught it and scored. Throwing too hard is junior high crap. That's NEVER an issue in the NFL.

It is not how hard you throw per se...it is more of WHEN you throw hard.

If a WR/RB has his back to you...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It doesn't give them time to adjust.

If a WR/RB is just coming out of the break and has not turned his head...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It does not give them an opportunity to locate it....so even if it hits them, they are NOT likely to catch it.

If a WR/RB is going long but has tight coverage...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It needs to go long and OVER the shoulder or it is an INT.

If a WR/RB is running a slant 5-10 yards downfield but LOOKING at you...RIFLE IT!!! If you don't he is likely going to get his head taken off by the LB's.

If a WR/RB is breaking free over the top...RIFLE IT!!! Don't let the S make up ground and level him.

If a WR/RB is running a button hook type route...RIFLE IT!!! Otherwise you have an INT in the making.

See, 3 distinct cases FOR rifling it..and 3 distinct cases AGAINST rifling it.

Yet DA completed more passes in that game. Edwards was able to complete more than 2 passes this past weekend.

Good for Edwards, his team lost. Maybe they should have run the ball more

Yes, the coaching staff had a lot to do w/ that win against BUF :rolleyes:

Riiiiiight because the fact that he threw 48 times as opposed to 17 and having KII. JJ, and Braylon had nothing to do with having more completions. Riiiiight, And of course coaches have nothing to do with it when we win but the first people some "fans" blame in a loss is the coaches. Let me re-phrase that. The first people some "fans" blame in a loss where Brady is the QB is the coaches. But again, they have no say in the outcome. :rolleyes:

Guest Masters
Riiiiiight because the fact that he threw 48 times as opposed to 17 and having KII. JJ, and Braylon had nothing to do with having more completions. Riiiiight, And of course coaches have nothing to do with it when we win but the first people some "fans" blame in a loss is the coaches. Let me re-phrase that. The first people some "fans" blame in a loss where Brady is the QB is the coaches. But again, they have no say in the outcome. :rolleyes:

LMFAO.... why I am not surprised you missed the point.

Did the coaches muff that punt? Coaching had zero to do with the out come of that game Sunday.

There are reasons for the drops. And I am a DA supporter. But I don't care that the receivers were dropping the ball, 2 - 17 is horrible. Just accept that DA played a bad game but the Browns won and move on. The defense and special teams won this game. The running game was solid and the OL blocked pretty well. I watched as much of the game as I could and DA did have many balls dropped that the receivers should catch but he also threw behind the receivers on a few of the drops.

If you are a DA backer the only thing positive that you can take out of that game was that DA did not make a game altering mistake. If you are a OC backer then you can take out of it that at least the OC did not call 45 pass plays (like Chud would have done). And if you are a Browns backer then you can take out of it that you won the despite the QB playing poorly.

I don't understand the need to defend 2 - 17. If you want to say that the receivers and Royal in particular need to catch the damn ball then I would agree with that. The receivers are paid to catch the ball and help the Browns win. They need to do a better job. But on the flip side if the receivers can not catch DA's balls then he needs to do something different. Again, 2 - 17 is horrible not matter how you spin it.

But, the Browns won!!! And that is what matters, RIGHT?

Pick a reason for the drops and stick with it.

If it was the wind, why didn't Buffalo's QB go 2 for whatever?

There were multiple reasons, but who cares. 2 - 17 sucks. But the Browns won and DA did not make any costly mistake. The offense played well enough to keep the defense fresh and the defense and special teams won this game.

You can't really spin that this was a good game by DA, you just can't. At least stats wise DA has 2 good games for each bad game so here is to that holding up and DA and the Browns having a good game against the Steelers. That is the game that matters now.

But 2 -17, come on. You got to admit that was bad regardless of the conditions or drops.

It is not how hard you throw per se...it is more of WHEN you throw hard.

If a WR/RB has his back to you...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It doesn't give them time to adjust.

If a WR/RB is just coming out of the break and has not turned his head...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It does not give them an opportunity to locate it....so even if it hits them, they are NOT likely to catch it.

If a WR/RB is going long but has tight coverage...YOU DO NOT RIFLE IT!!! It needs to go long and OVER the shoulder or it is an INT.

If a WR/RB is running a slant 5-10 yards downfield but LOOKING at you...RIFLE IT!!! If you don't he is likely going to get his head taken off by the LB's.

If a WR/RB is breaking free over the top...RIFLE IT!!! Don't let the S make up ground and level him.

If a WR/RB is running a button hook type route...RIFLE IT!!! Otherwise you have an INT in the making.

See, 3 distinct cases FOR rifling it..and 3 distinct cases AGAINST rifling it.

If you're DA you gun it in there and let your fanclub make excuses for you.

Much, much easier.

Guest Masters

I don't get how after almost 2 years of players dropping passes from DA some people don't even stop to think that maybe the receivers aren't fully to blame.

No one is saying it wasn't windy. You are missing the point. It's excuse, excuse, excuse every time DA has a game like Sundays. It's the wind (yet the oppposing QB completed more passes - same story in the Cincy game in 2007),

Not the case at Cincy in '07..Anderson 29 of 48 for 60 percent, 2 TDs and 4 ints. Palmer was 11 of 21 for 52% 1 TD and 2 Ints. The all-important efficiency rating had DA 8.8 points higher than Palmer. The difference in the game was that Cincinatti's O coordinator realized the wind was so bad they better cut back on the passing, while the Browns coordinator decided that even though Lewis was running well, it'd be smarter to risk passing a whole heck of a lot in a wind storm.

But again, quinn had those same recievers and you blame Quinn?

Not that I am saying Quinn is better or should be starting.

but why oh why can't you just do what Cmac did.

Say "damn DA looked bad that game, but he didn't make the HUGE mistake to cost us the game, and we won an ugly game. Hopefully next week DA plays better." ??

I have never blamed Quinn for drops.

I blame Quinn for immediately checking down the his escape valve and being incapable of sustaining 2 drives in any game.

Guest Masters
Not the case at Cincy in '07..Anderson 29 of 48 for 60 percent, 2 TDs and 4 ints. Palmer was 11 of 21 for 52% 1 TD and 2 Ints. The all-important efficiency rating had DA 8.8 points higher than Palmer. The difference in the game was that Cincinatti's O coordinator realized the wind was so bad they better cut back on the passing, while the Browns coordinator decided that even though Lewis was running well, it'd be smarter to risk passing a whole heck of a lot in a wind storm.

Based on focusing in only on this in your response, you obviously missed the point, or chose to ignore it.

Archived